Denison 49 Sulphur Springs 35 (FINAL)

wildwoolycat

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.... It was only 8. It is what it is.

Talking out of both sides of your mouth is what it is. One minute you say "I think SS plays disciplined and limits the silly stuff that kept Liberty in the game." They didn't so it is what it is. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. It was only 2.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All teams should (better) mature during a season. I just don't think they are as good as your team was last year. Show's in the type of wins and losses you had. The Whitehouse game is good example. Didn't win it until the end of the game. Complete opposite of the year before. Also, your district losses were much different than last year. You're doing great and I'm all for you winning state again but I can't agree it's a better team.

I can guarantee you the defense is better, off the charts better than last year. I agree the offense isn't what it was last year... But that offense set some high standards and statistically was one of the best ever. Overall I think SS has a good chance to repeat what they did last year, just in a different way.

Talking out of both sides of your mouth is what it is. One minute you say "I think SS plays disciplined and limits the silly stuff that kept Liberty in the game." They didn't so it is what it is. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. It was only 2.

Yeah, exactly. I think Liberty had a pretty good team and I can't see SS winning if they repeat those mistakes. Don't see how I'm "Talking out of both sides of (my) mouth"? Sounds more like you are running yours.

Yeah, exactly. I think Liberty had a pretty good team and I can't see SS winning if they repeat those mistakes. Don't see how I'm "Talking out of both sides of (my) mouth"? Sounds more like you are running yours.

Whatever. Point is a much better SS defense this year wouldn't have allowed 31 points to Liberty. Heck, even a very porous McKinney defense allowed just 14 points against the Riverhawks in Week 10.

In trying to compare it is tough to find a real quality win for either of these teams.

Marshall and maybe Sherman for Denison.

And I guess University for SS.

I think this game is decided by turnovers, whoever gives the ball up on their side of the field once loses.

That being said: I think SS wins on a late field goal.

Whatever. Point is a much better SS defense this year wouldn't have allowed 31 points to Liberty. Heck, even a very porous McKinney defense allowed just 14 points against the Riverhawks in Week 10.

I don't really appreciate the "Whatever." Not a very articulate way to say "I don't have a very good answer to this".

BTW. The defense only gave up 24 pts (7 pts came off a blocked FG return), which is shockingly close to what the vaulted Denison defense gave up. I've seen the score so I know it's true but I have a hard time seeing how Malcom Hill could be held to 14 pts by that McKinney defense. And... They are the Redhawks.

All teams should (better) mature during a season. I just don't think they are as good as your team was last year. Show's in the type of wins and losses you had. The Whitehouse game is good example. Didn't win it until the end of the game. Complete opposite of the year before. Also, your district losses were much different than last year. You're doing great and I'm all for you winning state again but I can't agree it's a better team.

The beauty of it is we don't have to play that team from last year just Denison and while racking up 69 in a state title game was fun last year we are luckily only bound to win by 1 for it to count. We may not have the big names, but one game at a time and one point better than the other team gets it done every time.

(From the guy that brought us "Whatever" :rofl: ) Thanks! I'm glad you knew what I meant. :thumbsup: Sherlock. All the english lessons in the world AIN'T GONNA help "the jackets" on Saturday though.

Just proving your cluelessness by you're idiotic Google reply. :whome: Sulphur Springs must have the "vaulted" defense. :rock:

Just proving your cluelessness by you're idiotic Google reply. :whome: Sulphur Springs must have the "vaulted" defense. :rock:

Ok... I'm clueless cuz I kan't spell... Oh yeah I guess you got me. Hmm.... I should've Googled it. :hmm:

I would like to apologize to all the Wildcats out there. Apparently due to my inability to type a complete sentence, my cluelessness has been revealed to all(Thanks to Mr. FootballDude). I only hope that by hitting that "l" key when I should have hit a "n" does not keep you guys from running all over the Denison YellerJackets as you undoubltly would have done had I not made my gaffe. How could I have made such a tragic mistake?!?!?!

:rofl:

I think its funny that the best thing you got is that I don't know the difference between "vaulted" and "vaunted". Keep up the good work!

I love SS and but Denison is a great team, SS barely got by Frisco Liberty....If they give it there all and Denison makes mistakes they can pull out a victory but it will be a very tough game either way,I expect it to be pretty close

I love SS and but Denison is a great team, SS barely got by Frisco Liberty....If they give it there all and Denison makes mistakes they can pull out a victory but it will be a very tough game either way,I expect it to be pretty close

Good luck SS you guys always seem to rise to the occasion when needed so as a Lobo fan i wish guys well .Represent our district like you guys did last year SS in a tight one.

Good luck SS you guys always seem to rise to the occasion when needed so as a Lobo fan i wish guys well .Represent our district like you guys did last year SS in a tight one.

Thanks man,we normally do pull it out when needed or we did last year anyway,but im not sure that all the leadership is there as it was last year,hopefully we can pull it out....good luck against WAX.

Good luck to yall to, hopefully I'll make it to yalls game after ours. Its not too far away. only the other side of dallas.

Right Denison is a great team they made it to quarterfinals, But I'd like to think were a great team too, (cuz we are) the thing that will determine the outcome is who can keep their attitude the longest, if one side gives up say about 5 min left in the fourth, or has a bad start it'll spell their doom.

I'd consider this somewhat of a rivelry game due to what happened last year. And you can NEVER predict the outcome of a rivalry game

Marshall 47

SS 7

on a neutral field...

Denison 35

Marshall 26

on a neutral field....

And you are picking SS by 20 ?? You guys are delusional. Support your team, but be sensible. Your ridiculous score predictions take any credibility in your arguements and basically flush them.

Marshall 47

SS 7

on a neutral field...

Denison 35

Marshall 26

on a neutral field....

And you are picking SS by 20 ?? You guys are delusional. Support your team, but be sensible. Your ridiculous score predictions take any credibility in your arguements and basically flush them.

Its been said countless times, but i guess it needs to be said again, When we played marshall. A gazillion factors contributed that made it a bad game. I don't think using it is a good comparison.

But I do agree that picking EITHER side to win by a whopping 20 pts is kinda....well just wrong

Marshall 47

SS 7

on a neutral field...

Denison 35

Marshall 26

on a neutral field....

The score was actually 48-13 and with no disrespect to Marshall, we did leave three touchdowns on teh field, and they fumbled on the first play from scrimmage and the ball bounced outside and they picked it up and ran for TD. They scored one TD late against alot of the 2nd string defense, but they were all in all much to fast for us the entire game, much like they were against you the first half. WE WILL BE BETTER SATURDAY or we will lose.

Guest jeffjam

From what I hear SS has a weak OLine. I believe one team they played they called them big and soft. Seem to be easily intimidated. One good shot to the face mask and they back down real quick. They seem to shy away from an aggressive defensive lineman. Denison should be able to run right through them.