Denison 49 Sulphur Springs 35 (FINAL)

wildwoolycat

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I hear SS has a weak OLine. I believe one team they played they called them big and soft. Seem to be easily intimidated. One good shot to the face mask and they back down real quick. They seem to shy away from an aggressive defensive lineman. Denison should be able to run right through them.

Yes that is what I heard and the team has been working on very quick passes and misdirection plays to keep the strong rushing Denison defense off of the quarterback. They are also going to be at a disadvantage having to leave one receiver in to help block so they will have to rely on just 3 receivers at a time.

Right Denison is a great team they made it to quarterfinals, But I'd like to think were a great team too, (cuz we are) the thing that will determine the outcome is who can keep their attitude the longest, if one side gives up say about 5 min left in the fourth, or has a bad start it'll spell their doom.

I'd consider this somewhat of a rivelry game due to what happened last year. And you can NEVER predict the outcome of a rivalry game

I don't know Jed, I don't think one game can make a rivalry.  SS beat Denison last year so why would they consider it a rivalry?  If either team gives up with 5 minutes left and the game still in reach then they don't belong there anyway.  A bad start shouldn't come into effect either.  Denison was down to Marshall 19-7 at the half and kept playing.  It should be a good game.  What I really want to know is if their respective teams lose is we will see Beast, wildtigers, WildcatsRule, or any of the other smack talkers here to admit defeat?  I doubt it though.  Probably blame officiating or some other such nonsense.

I don't know Jed, I don't think one game can make a rivalry. SS beat Denison last year so why would they consider it a rivalry? If either team gives up with 5 minutes left and the game still in reach then they don't belong there anyway. A bad start shouldn't come into effect either. Denison was down to Marshall 19-7 at the half and kept playing. It should be a good game. What I really want to know is if their respective teams lose is we will see Beast, wildtigers, WildcatsRule, or any of the other smack talkers here to admit defeat? I doubt it though. Probably blame officiating or some other such nonsense.

I will be here brother. I am from Daingerfield and now live in Sulphur Springs. I love this team and did not think I would ever be a fan of a different team. Last year was as fun a year as I can remember and this year even though there have been many ups and downs has been fun also. This team is almost and very well could be as good as last years team, just in a different way. I do not think that they will lose, but if they do I will be back on here, because I love high school football and I will still have my high school team in the mix. As I have said before it has nothing to do with last year, earlier this year, or last week, it has everything to do with this Saturday and if Denison wins they will have beat a very good team and I will give them all of my respect and if Sulphur Springs wins I will not talk any more smack about that team I will go on to the next opponent. That is what it is all about this time of year, YOUR NEXT OPPONENT and HOW YOU PLAY THAT GAME.

What I really want to know is if their respective teams lose is we will see Beast, wildtigers, WildcatsRule, or any of the other smack talkers here to admit defeat?  I doubt it though.  Probably blame officiating or some other such nonsense.

Don't come on our turf with those accusations. You can take your whole 9 posts worth of knowledge about this board and how its members are and add $1, then you'd almost have enough to buy a coke. Do some research before you throw wildtigers and me into any conversation about eating crow. We've both had our share this year. Most importantly, how does Denison like its crow served? (please forgive me, I can't remember how you wanted it last year)

The score was actually 48-13 and with no disrespect to Marshall, we did leave three touchdowns on teh field, and they fumbled on the first play from scrimmage and the ball bounced outside and they picked it up and ran for TD. They scored one TD late against alot of the 2nd string defense, but they were all in all much to fast for us the entire game, much like they were against you the first half. WE WILL BE BETTER SATURDAY or we will lose.

Where's Wildcats Rule with his woulda, shoulda, coulda now? :rofl:

Don't come on our turf with those accusations. You can take your whole 9 posts worth of knowledge about this board and how its members are and add $1, then you'd almost have enough to buy a coke. Do some research before you throw wildtigers and me into any conversation about eating crow. We've both had our share this year. Most importantly, how does Denison like its crow served? (please forgive me, I can't remember how you wanted it last year)

Look junior, 9 posts has nothing to do with my knowledge of this board.  That being said, my "accusations" as you put it come from my reading your last few posts.  It was actually a question about whether or not you would come back if your team loses... I didn't say when your team loses.  Notice I threw Beast in there as well as he has been the most vocal Jacket smack talker.  Also, I don't recall having crow last year as I don't recall talking smack before the game.  Do you?  I readily admit that SS was head and shoulders above Denison last year and proved it on the field.  You on the other hand appear to not want to give credit to any other team.  So be it.

Gotta take care of the Cubs first.Re-match from last year.Then if its game on vs.Tivy well another re-match semi-final.Don't have quite the offensive firepower from 08 but not bad w/5,000 tot.yds.But the defense is much improved 33 points allowed in the last 6 gms.Go Wildcat's-Broncs

Gotta take care of the Cubs first.Re-match from last year.Then if its game on vs.Tivy well another re-match semi-final.Don't have quite the offensive firepower from 08 but not bad w/5,000 tot.yds.But the defense is much improved 33 points allowed in the last 6 gms.Go Wildcat's-Broncs

SS has a similar story. Offense isn't as good but the defense is much better. I wish these Denison folks were more like you guys. I had a ton of fun before the game. I can honestly say that if SS doesn't win it all, I hope you guys do.

Well, if thats the best you've got.  Maybe its not a surprise that SS is having some academic issues after all.

Look bro. If I gave you my best on Tuesday, you'd leave and who would I torment the for the rest of the week. Just relax and enjoy the ride because the end has already been written and it involves Denison airing up basketballs on Saturday night.

Look bro. If I gave you my best on Tuesday, you'd leave and who would I torment the for the rest of the week. Just relax and enjoy the ride because the end has already been written and it envolves Denison airing up basketballs on Saturday night.

Meh, you can't torment me.  I recognize lack of class when I see it.  My problem is I can't help but call you out on it.  We all have our weakness.  Actually, I think there is a basketball game Sat night.  Funny that it will still be played win or lose.  As I said, I'll be here Saturday night win or lose.  I only expect to hear from you if your team wins.

Then I guess you should expect to hear from me.

I admit I really hope not.  I'd really like to see my hometown team continue on.  If they win again I won't even care that you'll be hiding on another thread somewhere.  Probably one titled "The refs were mean to us!"

If they win again I won't even care that you'll be hiding on another thread somewhere.  Probably one titled "The refs were mean to us!"

Cute. SS has lost a few games. Find the post where I said the refs were the reason SS lost. What's more likely to happen is SS will win and your will take you 20 or "whatever" posts and go back to Denison.

Sulphur Springs vs. Denison- Hmmm...reigning State Champions vs. an ailing Yellerjacket squad. I really liked Denison's chances coming into this season. Possibly one of the top 5 running backs in the state and they beat a very good team in the first round of 2008. D.J. comes back and gets beat up pretty bad so far this year. Now the fate of his team depends on his ability to go. SS loses their main man to graduation and this team struggles a couple of times this year while they get their new legs under them.

I'm impressed with SS and how they put it all together and are now still going strong. I'm worried about Denison's injuries. I think Denison has not adjusted to the losses they had, yet. They may very well prove me wrong, but I am picking the upset in this one. However, from what I can see, the Wildcats ought to be favored. So here goes my GUESS!

Sulfer Sprangs Kats 38 Densun Yaller Jackets 29

:w00t: :smirk:

Sulphur Springs vs. Denison- Hmmm...reigning State Champions vs. an ailing Yellerjacket squad. I really liked Denison's chances coming into this season. Possibly one of the top 5 running backs in the state and they beat a very good team in the first round of 2008. D.J. comes back and gets beat up pretty bad so far this year. Now the fate of his team depends on his ability to go. SS loses their main man to graduation and this team struggles a couple of times this year while they get their new legs under them.

I'm impressed with SS and how they put it all together and are now still going strong. I'm worried about Denison's injuries. I think Denison has not adjusted to the losses they had, yet. They may very well prove me wrong, but I am picking the upset in this one. However, from what I can see, the Wildcats ought to be favored. So here goes my GUESS!

Sulfer Sprangs Kats 38 Densun Yaller Jackets 29

:w00t: :smirk:

Don't know where you get DJ has gotten beat up pretty bad this year...he isn't having quite the year he was a year ago but that has alot to do with the other weapons the Jackets have this year. I would say over 1900 yds is nothing to sneeze at. He did have a stinger late in the Marshall game but word is he is ok. We can talk all day about 6400+ yds of offense for this Denison team, but I truly think defense is the reason they are still playing. I do think there is something to be said for Denison being able to bounce back from a very physical and emotional game with Marshall. With that said, I think there is plenty of motivation for this Jacket team to get ready for SS. Denison needs to be really careful about the revenge factor as sometimes that doesn't work out to well. They will have to play a smart, clean game without mistakes to be able to move past the defending State Champions. Special teams still continues to be a problem for the Jackets being able to cover kick offs. They can't afford to give a good team like SS a short field to work with. It hurt them in the Marshall game and it's hurt them in other games this year. I was really impressed with the improvement in the penalties against Marshall. They will need another game like that against SS. I think this game is tough to call, it could definitely go either way. Of course I've got to go with my Alma Mater in this one in a close hard fought game.

Go Jackets!