State Quarterfinal: Longview vs Waxahachie

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Waxahachie Indians (13-0)  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Waxahachie in a close one
    • Waxahachie in a blow out

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Newman Smith was averaging 44 points per game until we limited them to 25 today. (48 if you wanted me to count just the past 9)

Hachie...good luck this week. Need to say that before the week really begins. Glad to have someone to actually talk football with again form the opposing team. Just a warning that you're going to get hammered by Lobo fans for most of the week so be prepared. As I said, good luck. Really have a lot of respect for your team and program. Should be a great one Saturday.

This was the same Newman Smith team that could have tied you today if the FG was not wide right, right? The same Newman Smith team that was overwhelmed by HP's offense right?

You are so full of it! Newman Smith led 21-14 in the first quarter and never led again. HP put up 2 TDs in the 2nd qtr (28-21), scored 3 more TDs in the 3rd to NS 1 TD to go up 49-28 and both teams scored a TD in the 4th for the final score of 56-35.

In the Coppell game, HP had 6 turnovers and Coppell turned out to be a good team this year (3rd rd playoffs). The rest of the other competition that you say they didn't play were the following playoff teams: Red Oak (barely lost to Midway in bi-dist), 3rd rd Frisco Liberty, Coppell (mentioned), 3rd rd Newman Smith, Richardson Pearce, Rockwall Heath and McKinney.

Well, EXCUSE me. I was going by what I heard from the Highland Park commentators last night as I listened to the game. They said that Highland Park trailed by 14 at one point. It was what they said, so don't try to call me out for relaying that.

Coppell could have caused a few of those 6 turnovers (I'd hate to think that HP gave away 6 turnovers against Coppell, but Waxahachie forced all of the turnovers as you claim). Red Oak lost in the 1st round to Midway who Longview beat (and Hachie beat). Liberty Frisco lost like 5 games this year, including to Sulphur Springs (who Longview beat 45-0). Longview beat Newman Smith today. Rockwall heath went 7-4. MicKinney went 4-7.

Because a team made the playoffs doesn't mean that they are good by any means. FOUR teams make the playoffs (so if a team wins their district, they've already beaten 3 playoff teams). Whitehouse made the playoffs at 3-7.

Thanks LF07, I'm in foreign territory over here so I expect I'll be outnumbered and rightfully so. I respect Longview and they have a great team and following. I know the Lobo fans like to talk it up so I will continue until I run out of energy. :happy65: After that, I'll let you guys pound me into the ground on these boards. It should be a great game on Saturday and having played there this past Friday, do make sure to get there early because the game was sold out against HP and there was standing room only with no place to park. It was a solid 15K there. Good luck to you guys.

This was the same Newman Smith team that could have tied you today if the FG was not wide right, right? The same Newman Smith team that was overwhelmed by HP's offense right?

The same Newman Smith team that also had Longview miss a field goal, and also had an drive with an interception called back for a phantom holding call that went for a TD.

So it's good that y'all are able to hold a team under their team average? But we're not allowed to come back with the same argument?

Since you were at the game, you would that Smith had trouble stopping Longview all day. Don't even try to sugar coat that part.

Since you were at the game, you would that Smith had trouble stopping Longview all day. Don't even try to sugar coat that part.

Longview looked like the better team today but NS continued to find ways to stay in the game and had a chance to send it into overtime.

since we are arguing over points hacie (which is really stupid, i.e Okla vs Tx vs A&M), your two td margin over hp should be only one since they let you walk in the final to get the ball back...

We were at HP's 13 yard line and had moved the ball all night in big chunks. I don't think they had a choice whether or not to let us score or not. Then again, after we scored to go up 2 TDs, HP drove to midfield before we stopped them and we kneeled the ball and ran out the clock. So even if they did do it so they could get the ball back, guess what, we stopped them again. Didn't work out either way. Next!

Hachie has added a 225lb tailback to the mix in Jamison Sterns D1 recruit in basketball hasn't played football since 8th grade.

Easley was playing LB last year and now he's playing LB and he's part of the 1-2 punch of the ground game along with Sterns. Both will run you over if you try to go head up. And of coarse the 3 WRs are back along with Benton who shared some time at QB with last year's QB. The ones that don't get enough credit is the fullbacks. Everybody keys on Easley and Sterns and the FBs are left all alone and picking up huge yards at that.

LV squeezes out a close one

I've seen both teams this year & that's my sentiment exactly. Neither team winning would surprise me. Both are VERY quick with large lines. Definitely give the Indians the edge in passing & I like Longview's run D a little better.

Got to pull for Longview (district brother), but Waxahachie has been a favorite of mine (along with Ennis) from the metroplex area since the early 2000s.

Two similar styles of play. I think Longview plays their best game of the season and beats 'Hachie by 2 TDs.
Please, don't start. They have enough on their plate as it is with the secondary having the attention span of infants and toddlers trying to solve a calculus equation.

Please, don't start. They have enough on their plate as it is with the secondary having the attention span of infants and toddlers trying to solve a calculus equation.

longview will win this one. i really dont care who wax has played, who they are and how they put their underwear on. doesnt matter in the least!.

longview is winning and playing well now>actually playing better each week.i think you will see a great game from the lobos next week.

I don't know if they allowed us to pull away by giving us some turnovers. If you haven't seen the deflection and interception that Relus Chance had there towards the end, its a thing of beauty. I'm sure a video of that play will come out sometime this week. That's not HP giving us something, that's us taking it away.

I'm sure if we play "mistake free and physical" football, we can pull it out too.

get your chin straps on for this one. longview is going to run the ball right at your defensive end! longview plays well in games where teams are undefeated over last few years. also, you havenet played a team like longview all year. that is a fact!. not the style. i have seen alot of football and wax had better not think this is highland park. longview much much tougher than them.

You are so full of it! Newman Smith led 21-14 in the first quarter and never led again. HP put up 2 TDs in the 2nd qtr (28-21), scored 3 more TDs in the 3rd to NS 1 TD to go up 49-28 and both teams scored a TD in the 4th for the final score of 56-35.

In the Coppell game, HP had 6 turnovers and Coppell turned out to be a good team this year (3rd rd playoffs). The rest of the other competition that you say they didn't play were the following playoff teams: Red Oak (barely lost to Midway in bi-dist), 3rd rd Frisco Liberty, Coppell (mentioned), 3rd rd Newman Smith, Richardson Pearce, Rockwall Heath and McKinney.

frisco liberty couldnt even beat sulphur springs who finished 4rth in longviews district. longview beat sulphur springs 45-0. so....

Thanks LF07, I'm in foreign territory over here so I expect I'll be outnumbered and rightfully so. I respect Longview and they have a great team and following. I know the Lobo fans like to talk it up so I will continue until I run out of energy. :happy65: After that, I'll let you guys pound me into the ground on these boards. It should be a great game on Saturday and having played there this past Friday, do make sure to get there early because the game was sold out against HP and there was standing room only with no place to park. It was a solid 15K there. Good luck to you guys.

longview will bring thousands!...i have seen it! they travel better than any team i have seen!

Easley was playing LB last year and now he's playing LB and he's part of the 1-2 punch of the ground game along with Sterns. Both will run you over if you try to go head up. And of coarse the 3 WRs are back along with Benton who shared some time at QB with last year's QB. The ones that don't get enough credit is the fullbacks. Everybody keys on Easley and Sterns and the FBs are left all alone and picking up huge yards at that.

longview will be a challenge for you because they can run the ball just as well as you can! the qb for longview is very elusive and might be the best runner on the field next sat. actaully when he passes he just might run also. he can throw it 60 yards easily also. just going to be a low scoring affair. longview likes playing against running teams.should be a good matchup.