State Quarterfinal: Longview vs Waxahachie

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Waxahachie Indians (13-0)  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Waxahachie in a close one
    • Waxahachie in a blow out

I find it funny that some Lobo fans aren't wanting to compare games (because its not in their favor) while others are and make generalizations that we didn't play good - it was the other team that played bad. LOL

Please tell me what good comparing games does?

Does it win you a game? It does absolutely no good to talk about it IMO. It has nothing to do with Longview vs Waxahachie to me.

But I sure as heck am not talking about it just because we didn't play well in those games. We still played well enough to win them obviously.

If you want me to talk about our two common opponents then ok...

I've gone on record several several times that Longview played absolutely horrific against Midway. That was by far the worst game of the season that I saw in person (I didn't attend the Lufkin game but I'm sure that was worse in the first half at least). Longview dominated the first half yet missed several chances to put the Panthers away and in the 2nd half Midway made us pay almost enough to lose the game. But too bad, they didn't work hard enough in the first half to finish us. Longview's game against Texas High was one of the more weird games that I've seen as TX High and Longview played one of the best games I've ever seen when it comes to time consuming drives. The Tigers couldn't stop Longview except for one time the entire night. The Longview defense plain couldn't stop TX High in the 2nd half, the same way their D couldn't stop our O. Each team had 2 drives in the 2nd half and that was it. All 4 drives went nearly 8 minutes...Longview got the ball back with I want to say 7:51 left on the clock, and took a knee on the Tiger 4 or 5 yard line to end the game.

Every game is a different game. Why people want to compare them I don't know. Just look at Longview's round robin format against Lee back in 02-03.

Longview lost to Lee 28-21 in their first game and then won 35-14 against Lee in the second in 2002.

Longview lost to Lee 18-14 in their first game and then won 22-21 against Lee in the second in 2003.

Every single game things happen that you can't control. Mistakes are made during games as Longview fans are well aware of. But at this time, playoffs make or break your season. As I said earlier, the game will come down to who makes the least.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said earlier, the game will come down to who makes the least.

I said the same thing as well in an earlier post.

I'm willing to let the common opponents thing die if others will too. But I'll talk about it if they choose to bring it up.

they are 12-1 and you are dissapointed because they dont' win 75-0 with style points. this is what we have come to? crazy! enjoy the season, they are just kids and the other team wants to win also!!! wow, we are never satisfied unless it's perfection? then we will always be dissapointed! these kids have played hard,every team is out for them and they are still 12-1. won 5 district championships in a row, on 30 straight home games, 28 straight district games,are 26-3 over last 2 years,etc.... think about that and then tell me you are still dissapointed.
It will be in your BEST interests to just not say anything to me, okay??? I played this game for several years. I been on both the winning and losing ends when I played for Longview. We may not have won a state championship but, I sure s hell know what it takes to at the LEAST get there! You of all people can't tell me JACK squat about what it is to go through the trenches. While you were fiddling around with your flute or clarinet in the Band I was out there busting my butt with the rest of my teammates to leave a legacy on the Lobo wall. I done paid my dues as a player and I have a right to my opinion just like you do, unfortunately. You keep doing what you do best and that's eating nachos and dripping cheese down your chin and hollering with your mouth full on 2 yard runs and incomplete passes all day.

It will be in your BEST interests to just not say anything to me, okay??? I played this game for several years. I been on both the winning and losing ends when I played for Longview. We may not have won a state championship but, I sure s hell know what it takes to at the LEAST get there! You of all people can't tell me JACK squat about what it is to go through the trenches. While you were fiddling around with your flute or clarinet in the Band I was out there busting my butt with the rest of my teammates to leave a legacy on the Lobo wall. I done paid my dues as a player and I have a right to my opinion just like you do, unfortunately. You keep doing what you do best and that's eating nachos and dripping cheese down your chin and hollering with your mouth full on 2 yard runs and incomplete passes all day.

I'm curious Frank, why are you so down on the Lobos? East TexasFootball made some great points and you bashed him. Ease up a little and enjoy the ride. Hopefully we Lobos get to ride the train to the last game and come out on top this year.

Wow, taking bashing to the extreme. You were so calm at the beginning of district play, what happened?

It's nice that you enjoyed your football career. Just wish you could say it without bashing someone else's choice of extracurricular activity.

Time to let go of that "it's-all-about-me" HS football player attitude.

I think Longview will play it's best game of the year Saturday night, if so I think they will win.

Well there is no doubt in my mind if Longview plays there best game of the year that it will not even be close IMO. I have seen them both play and if LV is healthy they are the best team. If they play like they did in the second half against Allen well it will not be a game. There are a lot of IF'S in there. This don't mean squat I know but Wax. was picked third in there district behind Midway (6 turnovers) and Ennis which had a lot of bad luck with injuries. Just a point.

Geeez they sale Midol at all walgrees and walmarts all across the great state.

There are a lot of IF'S in there. This don't mean squat I know

If if's and buts were candy and nuuts we'd all have a merry christmas....yeah you're right, your post doesn't mean squat.

Highland Park (ranked #4 in the state) had a better offense/team than Ennis this year when Ennis had all their starters healthy so I guess that puts to bed that theory. And Ennis didn't have any injuries on defense and we all know what we did to their defense, right? And Midway....well, we destroyed them.....Longview - not so much. LOL...I love it that you guys keep trying to compare common opponents - its a win-win for us.

If if's and buts were candy and nuuts we'd all have a merry christmas....yeah you're right, your post doesn't mean squat.

Highland Park (ranked #4 in the state) had a better offense/team than Ennis this year when Ennis had all their starters healthy so I guess that puts to bed that theory. And Ennis didn't have any injuries on defense and we all know what we did to their defense, right? And Midway....well, we destroyed them.....Longview - not so much. LOL...I love it that you guys keep trying to compare common opponents - its a win-win for us.

You may win a little here on the message board from time to time, but you're boys are not gonna win Saturday night. Monday will begin there off season program.

Can't we all just get along? :highfive:

We could, but I've played with these boys on this team and I'm not about to let somebody badmouth them because he happend to get to the biggest stage and lose. I know my senior year we got beat by Pflugerville, but that doesn't give anybody the right to come on here and bash a bunch of 16 and 17 year olds especially when my cousin happens to be one of them. He didn't win a state championship, so in my book his opinion matters as much as the toilet paper I wipe my butt with....

And Midway....well, we destroyed them.....Longview - not so much. LOL...I love it that you guys keep trying to compare common opponents - its a win-win for us.

Yeah, except when people talk about the game and not just the final score of the Midway game and it looks like Midway beat themselves more than anything, and then you start whining....

If it makes you feel any better to talk about common opponents, go for it. It will have NOTHING to do with the game on Saturday.

We could, but I've played with these boys on this team and I'm not about to let somebody badmouth them because he happend to get to the biggest stage and lose. I know my senior year we got beat by Pflugerville, but that doesn't give anybody the right to come on here and bash a bunch of 16 and 17 year olds especially when my cousin happens to be one of them. He didn't win a state championship, so in my book his opinion matters as much as the toilet paper I wipe my butt with....

I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles folks. :hmm: Hey I can't figure anything out I get called arrogant just because I think Longview should win out. I'm not saying they cant be beat, I just believe with our talent level, coaching staff, and experience we should be able to pull this all together for a state championship.

Yeah, except when people talk about the game and not just the final score of the Midway game and it looks like Midway beat themselves more than anything, and then you start whining....

If it makes you feel any better to talk about common opponents, go for it. It will have NOTHING to do with the game on Saturday.

Last time I checked, fumbles were part of the game of football were they not? Longview better hope they don't put the ball on the turf or they'll experience a similar domination. Again, I don't talk about common opponents until you bring it up. Still getting chuckles from you guys saying that I'm bringing up the common opponents when you insert comments like..."Yeah, except when people talk about the game and not just the final score of the Midway game and it looks like Midway beat themselves more than anything". I rest my case...again.

Last time I checked, fumbles were part of the game of football were they not? Longview better hope they don't put the ball on the turf or they'll experience a similar domination. Again, I don't talk about common opponents until you bring it up. Still getting chuckles from you guys saying that I'm bringing up the common opponents when you insert comments like..."Yeah, except when people talk about the game and not just the final score of the Midway game and it looks like Midway beat themselves more than anything". I rest my case...again.

Show me ONE post of mine that brought it up.

My posts about common opponents were in DIRECT RESPONSE to yours which talked about common opponents... It's not that difficult a concept. How sad that you're now resorting to making things up. I'll even show you the post that started all talk of common opponents if you want.

And yes, fumbles are part of the game. It just goes to show that Midway didn't play as well against Hachie. They didn't put the ball on the ground 6 times vs Longview.