State Quarterfinal: Longview vs Waxahachie

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Waxahachie Indians (13-0)  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Waxahachie in a close one
    • Waxahachie in a blow out

Today is game day and my Lobos are in the right state of mind. I talked to them this morning and they are meditating on the game. No trash talking! They have their mind on the game. They also know, that there are alot of people against them and that's cool because they have been there before. We will be there all night long, singing the Lobo song, trying our best to bring the trophy home...

GET"EM LOBOS

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally Gameday!!! Can't wait to get on I-20 and see all those Rocking L stickers and Lobo Flags zooming toward Dallas. The Lobo Nation caravan is one of the things I look foward to on these type of road trips. Come to think of it....better get an early start considering both the Longhorn faithful and the Lobo faithful will be out in full force tonight in the DFW area. :icon_neutral:

I am sorry but name these Top tier Qbs that UH produces as you say YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT?

Top college QBs. They at least made it to an NFL roster. Ware, Kolb, Clements, Klingler,to name a few....... and Keenum will be shortly.

All were in the upper echelon of college passing yardage (albeit with a system that is QB friendly).

Guest surfsup
I wonder who the News-Journal is picking? Doesn't matter. We will all know who the better team is at about 10:30 tomorrow night. I will be a homer and pick Longview by 17.

I really thought that I was going to be able to get on here and call myself surfstradamus, but we got one more touchdown in the last minute.

Just some reminders,,,

1. Longview had to play four full quaters to win,,,,wrong

2. Longview couldn't turn the ball over and win,,,,wrong

3. Nobody can shut down Waxahachie's run,,,wrong

4. You can't make mistakes in a big game and win,,,wrong,, down 20-0 out scored them 50-6 after that.

If Longview ever plays four full quaters as good as they can look out. Wow what a comeback!!!!!!!!

GO LOBOS

It’s been hard for me to come to the conclusion of a real fact, “Coach King needs improvement.” He didn’t beat Waxahachie the kids made it up in their minds they were not going to lay down. His play calling skills are off. He should be the one sitting in a film room with someone there pointing out where he’s going wrong so that he can improve. I think he needs to just LISTEN sometime and play close attention to where his football team is most effective; playing to our strengths and not our weakness. I don’t want him to be our Achilles Heel... I’m sure with NO Doubt’s that we have captured the RESPECT of the DFW metroplex if they didn’t know; now they know… WACO MIDWAY and NEWMAN SMITH played with playoff intensity and that’s why they played us so close. The Lobos gave me what I was looking for all year long “They have peaked!” I’ve been waiting for this to happen and it happened at the right time of the season…

GO LOBOS

I'll admit I didn't see that one coming! After being down 20-0 I thought it would be tough to come back and win it against a good Wax team, although it was the 1st quarter. If they play like that next week then good night Denton! I will probably make the game, just 10 mins from the house. Wanted to go last night but just thought it was a lil to cold for me! Good Luck next week!

It’s been hard for me to come to the conclusion of a real fact, “Coach King needs improvement.” He didn’t beat Waxahachie the kids made it up in their minds they were not going to lay down. His play calling skills are off. He should be the one sitting in a film room with someone there pointing out where he’s going wrong so that he can improve. I think he needs to just LISTEN sometime and play close attention to where his football team is most effective; playing to our strengths and not our weakness. I don’t want him to be our Achilles Heel... I’m sure with NO Doubt’s that we have captured the RESPECT of the DFW metroplex if they didn’t know; now they know… WACO MIDWAY and NEWMAN SMITH played with playoff intensity and that’s why they played us so close. The Lobos gave me what I was looking for all year long “They have peaked!” I’ve been waiting for this to happen and it happened at the right time of the season…

GO LOBOS

we just beat the #3 team in the state 50-26 and you are calling out the coach?????? wow, your glass must really be empty if you cant see the good in this....

I'll admit I didn't see that one coming! After being down 20-0 I thought it would be tough to come back and win it against a good Wax team, although it was the 1st quarter. If they play like that next week then good night Denton! I will probably make the game, just 10 mins from the house. Wanted to go last night but just thought it was a lil to cold for me! Good Luck next week!

Whoa! You made a post encouraging/applauding Longview?! :shocked:

LOL Kidding.

we just beat the #3 team in the state 50-26 and you are calling out the coach?????? wow, your glass must really be empty if you cant see the good in this....

I don't want to argue about the coach one way or another, but I have to agree, and I will argue in his favor in this case.

The coaches did NOT commit turnovers. There are only so many things coaches can do to prevent them, and what the coaches back in the day did is either not allowed by the UIL anymore, or would cause players to rebel in this day and age. The players made the turnover mistakes. And then his playcalling that "needs improvement" outscored Hachie, the #3 team in the state, 50-6 after the team settled down to play. I'll take that "subpar" playcalling ANY day. Although he, like any coach, DOES need to do work. There is ALWAYS work for a coach to do. But the team didn't win in spite of him tonight... They won because of him.

So...how was Wax defending our tight-I formation? Did the linebackers overpursue on the backside or were they staying home? Were the defensive tackles pinching or were they playing the B gap. Please explain to me, in football terms, how Wax was lining up and the plays you would have called that were different. How was Wax defending our spread? Were they in Cover 2? Cover 3? Tight man with no safety help? Please tell me. How was the defense lining up and what plays would have given us more than 50 points in that game. When Aaron lined up in the slot who did Wax have on him and how were they covering it? Please enlighten us with your football wisdom.

you are wrong! i agree with him totally! king's play calling is not very good! they win despite the coaches play calling. king is a great coach but not a great play caller! he needs to either have someone else call plays or really look at film and see what works and what doesn't. also, don't get fancy on offense when there is no need. longview runs at will, but for some reason king feels the need to pass or do trickery and it has hurt him the last 3 games. do what you do best! period! until they stop you! do it! also, use your best players more! this is do or die. no need to save them or rest them. frustrating when mccray doesnt play for 10-12 plays. crazy! they are winning despite pla calling and bad personel moves. this team could be even more dominating if these things were fixed. scary, but true!!!

So...how was Wax defending our tight-I formation? Did the linebackers overpursue on the backside or were they staying home? Were the defensive tackles pinching or were they playing the B gap. Please explain to me, in football terms, how Wax was lining up and the plays you would have called that were different. How was Wax defending our spread? Were they in Cover 2? Cover 3? Tight man with no safety help? Please tell me. How was the defense lining up and what plays would have given us more than 50 points in that game. When Aaron lined up in the slot who did Wax have on him and how were they covering it? Please enlighten us with your football wisdom.

Good post!!!!

for some reason king feels the need to pass or do trickery and it has hurt him the last 3 games

What trick play was thrown yesterday? They didn't even attempt a reverse yesterday, thank God. 75% of the time Longview ran straight at Waxahachie.

King realized right off the bat that Aaron was having trouble throwing the ball and put McGee in, and it worked 3/4ths of the time. Longview doesn't go into half if it wasn't for McGee's pass to Aaron Johnson right before the half. Longview doesn't regain the momentum IMMEDIATELY following Hachie's 99 yard TD pass if it isn't for McGee's pass to Forston.

Longview needs to have a passing game, no matter how small it is, in order to win at the moment. Even the passes to the outside, for the most part, worked last night..when they weren't overthrown (why we're throwing to Anthony is beyond me however).

Question the coaches all you want but there's a reason Longview is 70-10 (on the field...69-11 off) with King at the helm.

What trick play was thrown yesterday? They didn't even attempt a reverse yesterday, thank God. 75% of the time Longview ran straight at Waxahachie.

King realized right off the bat that Aaron was having trouble throwing the ball and put McGee in, and it worked 3/4ths of the time. Longview doesn't go into half if it wasn't for McGee's pass to Aaron Johnson right before the half. Longview doesn't regain the momentum IMMEDIATELY following Hachie's 99 yard TD pass if it isn't for McGee's pass to Forston.

Longview needs to have a passing game, no matter how small it is, in order to win at the moment. Even the passes to the outside, for the most part, worked last night..when they weren't overthrown (why we're throwing to Anthony is beyond me however).

Question the coaches all you want but there's a reason Longview is 70-10 (on the field...69-11 off) with King at the helm.

using 2 qbs is a mistake.tells the other team exactly what you are doing! take aaron out of qb totally if he cant pass at all! it does not take a brain surgeaon to call longview plays before they run them.longview gets away with it for the most part. except against teams like lake travis we will not! that's the goal right? to win state! so you better be smarter because we are not more talented! also, every time mccray is in, it's I formation and a run. then they take him out! it's play calling for a 5 year old.come on!use some different sets and run differnt plays! just zero imagination!

using 2 qbs is a mistake.tells the other team exactly what you are doing! take aaron out of qb totally if he cant pass at all! it does not take a brain surgeaon to call longview plays before they run them.longview gets away with it for the most part. except against teams like lake travis we will not! that's the goal right? to win state! so you better be smarter because we are not more talented! also, every time mccray is in, it's I formation and a run. then they take him out! it's play calling for a 5 year old.come on!use some different sets and run differnt plays! just zero imagination!

We just scored 50 points in a playoff game...yet you're complaining about the offense. McGee didn't play at all last week vs Newman Smith and played maybe once or twice again Midway...and we scored considerable less points than we did when he did play.

You said he had too much trickery yesterday and now you're saying he has no imagination. Makes perfect sense.

It's a mistake? They just scored 50 with it. Even if Wax KNEW it was coming, they couldn't stop it...