State Quarterfinal: Longview vs Waxahachie

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Waxahachie Indians (13-0)  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Waxahachie in a close one
    • Waxahachie in a blow out

you might like him on your team....oh....you arent playing anymore so we will just keep him!.....hahahaha

actaully when he passes he just might run also. he can throw it 60 yards easily also

Anyone that can pass and run also at the same time also would be valuable to ANY team also....... :woohoo:

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have seen both teams play. They are mirror images of each other. Both has size, speed and both are very physical. This game could be a classic. Both teams have strong running games but I think the edge will go to who can crank up there passing games. Waxahachie had a good passing plan against HP. I think both teams are dealing with some injuries to key players. This one should be interesting. Have friends at Waxahachie and friends at Longview. This one is close to call. Longview has quality victories over Tyler Lee, Texas High, Marshall, Sulphur Springs, Waco Midway, Newman Smith and has lost to Allen. Waxahachie has knocked off Everman, West Mesquite, Ennis, Waco U., Corsicana, Waco Midway, Texas High and Highland Park (Indians have knocked off 4 state ranked opponents) and win over a very athletic Lancaster team. This one is going to be a dandy. I am going to go with Waxahachie in a nail biter.

Have seen both teams play. They are mirror images of each other. Both has size, speed and both are very physical. This game could be a classic. Both teams have strong running games but I think the edge will go to who can crank up there passing games. Waxahachie had a good passing plan against HP. I think both teams are dealing with some injuries to key players. This one should be interesting. Have friends at Waxahachie and friends at Longview. This one is close to call. Longview has quality victories over Tyler Lee, Texas High, Marshall, Sulphur Springs, Waco Midway, Newman Smith and has lost to Allen. Waxahachie has knocked off Everman, West Mesquite, Ennis, Waco U., Corsicana, Waco Midway, Texas High and Highland Park (Indians have knocked off 4 state ranked opponents) and win over a very athletic Lancaster team. This one is going to be a dandy. I am going to go with Waxahachie in a nail biter.

longview beat state ranked and undefeated sulphur springs, beat defending 5a champion and state ranked allen,tyler lee who went 3 rounds in large 5a playoffs,ranked midway and lost to a very good lufkin team in lufkin where nobody wins. longview has alot of playoff experience compared to waxahachie. we will see. should be a great game. longview looks to playing better each week.very buisiness like each week. longview doesnt get too emotional each week and seems to be doing whatever necessary to win each week. longview wont get alot of style points like alot of teams do. fans like blowout, but i dont think longview staff and players give a hoot!bottom line.....WIN!

Longview and Hachie have both played Texas High and Midway.

Longview vs.Texas High 28-25

Hachie vs.Texas High 35-21

Longview vs. Midway 14-13

Hachie vs. Midway 34-21

On paper Hachie may look like the better team, but the Lobos will be to stongest fastest team Hachie has faced this year.

First off congrats to Waxahachie for beating the spoiled rich kids last week, I watched it on TV.

And for the game, I honestly think Longview has a better team and they're from our district so Im going for them. BUT, If Waxahachie wants it bad then they can take this.

I think the game will go to whoever shows up with the best attitude.

Lancaster is and will be the fastest team we face all year. Track champions and they have speed at every position. Longview may be fast but not faster than Lancaster.

longview deystroyed lancaster last year in the playoffs. longview made them look very slow!. longview totally dominated and made it look very easy. won by 40 poiints. football speed is much different than track spped. sorry, longview will be the toughest and fastest team you will play!. they are hard nosed and strong. have seen them many times. they play a very tough non-district schedule that gets them ready to play any playoff team.

Seen both teams and I agree with the comment that they are mirror images of each other. What impressed me about Hachie, when a kid went down to injury the replacement was extremely capable. I think Hachie may be a bit bigger and the Lobos may have the nod on overall team speed (lineman and linebackers), but neither team has faced the speed they will face in this game. Turnovers will decide the game.

Pulling for Longview, but Hachie will be a serious test. Lobos have not played well this year.

I have seen Wax play 2 times (Playoffs) and Longview play 2 times (Playoffs) - They are evenly matched.

Wax has 2 huge/fast running backs - If Longview can stop or control the run, we will be in the game until the end.

Wax can throw the ball if needed (Not as effective as Newman Smith though). Wax can throw the fade route to #9 in the endzone and convert every time. Especially against Longview's short DB's.

I also noticed that Wax has a few of there skilled players both ways. 4th Qtr stamina should be a factor.

I have seen Wax play 2 times (Playoffs) and Longview play 2 times (Playoffs) - They are evenly matched.

Wax has 2 huge/fast running backs - If Longview can stop or control the run, we will be in the game until the end.

Wax can throw the ball if needed (Not as effective as Newman Smith though). Wax can throw the fade route to #9 in the endzone and convert every time. Especially against Longview's short DB's.

I also noticed that Wax has a few of there skilled players both ways. 4th Qtr stamina should be a factor.

Seen Waxahachie and Longview several times. I think Waxahachie has the advantage with their receivers. they have one big one who is 6'3", another who is 5'9" and another who is about 5'10" All possess great speed and hands. Their running backs are very good. they possess a speed/power type back, a power back who can run and another back who has some speed but smaller. Their fullbacks will be a key. they were able to utilize the fullback against HP. their qb is coming off an injury and seemed to be better than expected against HP. He can run. Saw him several times make some huge runs against Midway and other games. His backup (the one who played against THigh is also a receiver and can get the job done), they have another big qb backup who they utilize some. He is like 6"3" 220.

Longview has eyepopping speed and can match Waxahachies skill players. They are also big and physical. I think this will be the most physical speed defense that Waxahachie has faced. However, Wax. seems to schedule teams with speed like Everman, Ennis, Lancaster, Corsicana etc.

this game has potential to be a classic. I think it boils down to turnovers, establishing the run, and being able to throw the ball. I think Waxahachie surprises and wins in a close game. However, this one could go either way.

Guest surfsup

Kincade, really? Why don't we drive another twenty minutes and just play them in Waxahachie?

I am out of predictions. We seemed to handle a pretty diverse offense last week, but there were times when I did not understand the play calling. We run all the way down the field, and then they call a passing play, Aaron gets sacked, and it kills the drive. Good thing the defense has stepped up the past two weeks, because the offense has been offensive.