State Quarterfinal: Longview vs Waxahachie

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Waxahachie Indians (13-0)  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Waxahachie in a close one
    • Waxahachie in a blow out

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY 7:30? That may mean we cant go.Dang!

something bout not having to get up early and travel.

remember last year he wanted the late game against Guyer so Lobos wouldn't have to rush.

Dont know anything bout Hachie but it sounds like they might be similar to Plugie/Lobos '07.

Hope Lobos prepared for a slobber knocker!

Whoever makes it out of this side of the bracket may be too beat up to play LT!

remember last year he wanted the late game against Guyer so Lobos wouldn't have to rush.

Dont know anything bout Hachie but it sounds like they might be similar to Plugie/Lobos '07.

You may be right. Wax is physical and so is Longview. the road after this game for both teams doesnt get better with Guyer or Ryan awaiting and then Lake Travis. Saw the Wax / THigh game. Sat on the home side at Royce City THigh was as physical as always and my friends from THigh were extremely impressed with the physical play of Wax. they claimed Wax was more physical than THigh. that game was a war. this game this saturday will be no different. Longview looks more physical than THigh.

Kincaide will be rocking Sat night. Cant miss this one. Long drive for me from Kilgore but I think well worth it. they will be hanging from the rafters at Kincaide. I thought the HP/Wax game was packed this one will have more. Gotta still go with Hachie. Have several friends there that coach there.

Whatever happens, better not show up late. Might be halftime before you get into the stadium because that clock is going to be constantly running. Both teams pound the football and go on long drives...neither one will throw the ball all that much (although both teams opened up the passing game last week). I don't foresee a huge number of big plays either way due to the speed on both sides but you never know.

Lancaster is and will be the fastest team we face all year. Track champions and they have speed at every position. Longview may be fast but not faster than Lancaster.

As stated before...Longview made Lancaster look like a JV team in the playoffs last year.

Guest surfsup

He wanted the late game so that the band would be there.

At this point in the season, it is the play in the trenches that determines the outcome of the games. IMHO, Hachie may have the advantage in both lines based on my perceptions of THS's games against both teams. LV seems not to be as dominant this year as they were last year. This is not a knock on LV. I just feel like the quality of the football is better this year overall. Hachie has more speed at the skill positions than LV and if LV gets in a bind, it is their quarterback who will put the team on his shoulders and attempt to carry them to victory. Neither team is going to tear up the airways and they seem about even in the passing game. Hatchie seems to have a better stable of backs that have excellent size and speed. If the Hachie qb goes down it will not matter because his replacement IMHO is more dangerous than the starter and is faster than anyone that Lv has on its entire team. Give him a quarter of an inch and he is gone. Both defenses are weak against the pass but both offenses do not really go out and try to balance the playcalling. The winner of this game will have to take advantage of field position, turnovers, and special teams and cannot leave points on the field if and when they do enter the red zone. This game is too close for me to call but LV had better come to play on the defensive side of the ball or Hachie will do to them what the LV fans have been crying about all year about the Lobos not being dominant. LV could get dominated in this game if they get behind early. :notworthy: :alien: :notworthy:

....but there were times when I did not understand the play calling. We run all the way down the field, and then they call a passing play, Aaron gets sacked, and it kills the drive. Good thing the defense has stepped up the past two weeks, because the offense has been offensive.

I agree. That drives me crazy. But the biggest bone head move was at the end of the 3rd quarter when after the sack, we INTENTIONALLY run out the clock on the last play (of course another poor call that resulted in a lost play) knowing that there was a good chance they we're going to kick the filed goal and the wind was killer. Why not use the time left in the third quarter so they would still have the wind. That was completely boneheaded.

this will without a doubt be the toughest test for our Lobos...I think the key in this game will be our passing game...if we complete 50-60% of about 10 to 15 passess we should be in the game...I think our running game will be there....

this game has an interesting similarity to 12 years ago....

LV vs Killeen Ellison...I hope the game is that type again...

normally I would take Longview against almost anyone when it comes to two teams who like to run the ball. However Longview's best back is not 100% and hasnt been since he shattered his ankle last year against Lake Travis. Our second best back is out for the season. the others are decent but just dont have what it takes at this level. The plus for Longview is this team has a ton of experience and we pride ourselves on defense. Should be a close one but I have my doubts.

normally I would take Longview against almost anyone when it comes to two teams who like to run the ball. However Longview's best back is not 100% and hasnt been since he shattered his ankle last year against Lake Travis. Our second best back is out for the season. the others are decent but just dont have what it takes at this level. The plus for Longview is this team has a ton of experience and we pride ourselves on defense. Should be a close one but I have my doubts.

Did you happen to see McCray this weekend? He's back.

No dog in the hunt but I have enjoyed reading this thread...not too heavy on the berrating of others just good old opinons and football knowledge being shared. I like that. After reading through the thread i haven't seen any comments regarding special teams, and based on the majority of opinions these are two very evenly matched teams. How big of an impact will special teams play? I have to believe that as close as theses two teams appear to be special teams will be a big part of who wins and who loses.

Two great games this week in 4A, the two Denton schools and Wax/LV...wow.