State Quarterfinal: Longview vs Waxahachie

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Waxahachie Indians (13-0)  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Waxahachie in a close one
    • Waxahachie in a blow out

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same exact thing.............

.......Until Saturday.

He is gonna be one of the keys to the game...he has to run like there is no tomorrow...continue to be the old Tyler...when we need 3 yds he gets us 6...when we need 7 he gets us 12....

Going to be ALOT of green in the stadium this week. both teams are green and white i believe and both will bring big crowds.....havent seen wax. play but they seem to be evenly matched...momentum will be HUGE in this game. hope lobos come ready to play, get their passing game going (definitely would like to see #11 involved some) and dont turn the ball over.

Here is what they have done this year (with the opponents final record)

*Team is still playing

LONGVIEW (12-1)

(5A) Allen (10-2) - WIN 28-25

(5A) Tyler Lee (6-6) - WIN 31-7

(LA) Nachitoches Central (1-9) - WIN 54-14

(5A) Lufkin (8-3) - LOSS 28-14

Texas High (7-4) - WIN 28-25

*Sulphur Springs (10-3) - WIN 45-0

Mount Pleasant (3-7) - WIN 44-0

Marshall (9-3) - WIN 47-30

Hallsville (3-7) - WIN 45-0

Pine Tree (1-9) - WIN 56-7

Whitehouse (3-8) - WIN 52-9

Waco Midway (9-3) - WIN 14-13

Carrollton Smith (10-3) - WIN 28-25

OPPONENTS Combined Record: 80-67 (.544)

Season points per game: 37.4

Season points allowed per game: 14.1

Playoffs points per game: 31.3

Playoffs points allowed per game: 15.7

WAXAHACHIE (13-0)

*Everman (11-2) - WIN 29-6

West Mesquite (7-4) - WIN 43-14

Lancaster (4-6) - WIN 35-20

Midlothian (1-9) - WIN 49-26

Ennis (5-5) - WIN 48-23

Waco (2-8) - WIN 56-27

Waco University (7-5) - WIN 39-14

Cleburne (6-4) - WIN 49-36

Corsicana (6-6) - WIN 21-14

Waco Midway (9-3) - WIN 34-21

Forney (6-5) - WIN 35-12

Texas High (7-4) - WIN 35-21

Highland Park (11-2) - WIN 49-35

OPPONENTS Combined Record: 82-63 (.566)

Season points per game: 40.2

Season points allowed per game: 20.7

Playoffs points per game: 39.7

Playoffs points allowed per game: 22.7

One of the factors will be health for Waxahachie, especially at running back. Sturns, Easley, and Benton (QB) all are nursing injuries and how severe they end up being (Benton's is known at this point so I guess that's not a question) and how well they recover will be a factor. For those saying Waxahachie can't throw the ball though they would be mistaken. It's more a case of them not having to throw it. I can't tell you if they throw anything more than lob passes or straight fly routes because that's all I've seen (other than the WR screen) them do - but I will say that with the tall receiver (Brown) and the effectiveness of their running game limiting what the safeties can do to help with pass coverage that they are very efficient with their passing game when they use it.

Defensively Waxahachie is tough and similar to every Waxahachie defense of the past 10 years although not quite as dominant as some previous years. Corsicana, Cleburne, and to some extent Texas High all effectively ran the ball against the Indians. Indian fans can talk about bad games or whatever, but at the end of the day those three teams all piled up yards on the ground (although neither Corsicana nor Texas High effectively turned those yards into points).

I do love the Longview people that post about Waxahachie hasn't played a team with speed though. Everman, Corsicana, Waco U., and others all have speed on the field - doesn't mean they use it as effectively as Longview does, but it's not like Waxahachie hasn't played against players that were on the high end of the speed scale.

Ultimately give me Waxahachie in a close one if Easley and Sturns are healthy, but I'll be the first to admit all I've seen of Longview this year is highlight clips. Those two RB's are difficult to stop for an entire game, and the Indian defense has been able to make stops when they need to.

From the Dallas News:

Against Highland Park on Nov. 28th

"They (Waxahachie) haven't had this kind of power and precision on offense in a long time. Running backs LaJordan Easley, Sterns and Andrew Kindred led the team's 319-yard rushing performance, and quarterback Venique Benton finished off five drives with touchdown passes, including three to Ladarius Brown."

Pretty impressive, and Highland Park is no pushover. Lobos will have to play better than they have since the Allen game to win this one.

Lobos will have to play better than they have since the Allen game to win this one.

Tired of hearing the Lobos bring up the Allen and Lufkin games. Allen was WAAAAAAY overrated and Lufkin is a one man team that was BOUNCED in the first round of the playoffs. Without #11 Deauntre Smiley Lufkin is a below .500 team.

Neither Allen nor Lufkin could have beaten Waxahachie and Lake Travis would have put up 50+ points on both of them.

Tired of hearing the Lobos bring up the Allen and Lufkin games. Allen was WAAAAAAY overrated and Lufkin is a one man team that was BOUNCED in the first round of the playoffs. Without #11 Deauntre Smiley Lufkin is a below .500 team.

Did you even read the sentence?

From the Dallas News:

Against Highland Park on Nov. 28th

"They (Waxahachie) haven't had this kind of power and precision on offense in a long time. Running backs LaJordan Easley, Sterns and Andrew Kindred led the team's 319-yard rushing performance, and quarterback Venique Benton finished off five drives with touchdown passes, including three to Ladarius Brown."

Pretty impressive, and Highland Park is no pushover. Lobos will have to play better than they have since the Allen game to win this one.

Not as impressive as you might think. HP had almost no defense this year, so while Waxahachie played well, the win is hardly a barometer. If Lonview has any talent on defense - as they have in the past - then I think they can win this game handily. Not dissin' 'hachie, they played very well - just sayin'.

To that yahoo, jedwalker, those "spoiled, rich kids" have won more Texas high school football games than anyone in history. What you got?

Did you even read the sentence?

Not talking about ONE sentence!!!! Talking about every Lobo thread since the Allen and Lufkin games.

Enough about teams none of their opponents will ever play. The 2 common teams between both schools are Texas High and Midway. WHY KEEP BRINGING UP 2 TEAMS THAT WERE FLOPS and overrated. Allen is one of the Largest schools in the USA and lost to a 4A school and could not make it past the 2nd round in small 5A. Lufkin lost in the first round of the playoffs and could not win their district.

Not as impressive as you might think. HP had almost no defense this year, so while Waxahachie played well, the win is hardly a barometer. If Lonview has any talent on defense - as they have in the past - then I think they can win this game handily. Not dissin' 'hachie, they played very well - just sayin'.

I could see your point about the HP defense but Longview's offense is not as explosive as HP's. Don't see you guys putting up 35+. Again, look at what HP did against Newman Smith.

Tired of hearing the Lobos bring up the Allen and Lufkin games.

And I'm tired of some peoples lack of reading comprehension......and jealousy.

Can you not comprehend that the point I was making was that the last game I saw Longview put it all together was the last half of the Allen game. Had NOTHING to do with where Lufkin or Allen ended up.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Not talking about ONE sentence!!!! Talking about every Lobo thread since the Allen and Lufkin games.

Enough about teams none of their opponents will ever play. The 2 common teams between both schools are Texas High and Midway. WHY KEEP BRINGING UP 2 TEAMS THAT WERE FLOPS and overrated. Allen is one of the Largest schools in the USA and lost to a 4A school and could not make it past the 2nd round in small 5A. Lufkin lost in the first round of the playoffs and could not win their district.

Common opponents in high school is ####.

Next.

Neither Allen nor Lufkin could have beaten Waxahachie and Lake Travis would have put up 50+ points on both of them.

hahaha. how was allen overrated? they were 12-2. please! they lost to longview and southlake carrol! not bad! lufkin is a tough ball club to play in lufkin! let me waxahachie play lufkin in lufkin and beat allen......................no way!!!!!!!! didn't waxahachie get smoked by sulphur springs last year?.....yes. don't want to hear that allof the sudden they have more talent than allen! no! good team but lets not get rediculous! dallas carter was also undefeated when they played the lobos last year. doesn't mean a hill of beans at this point!

hahaha. how was allen overrated? they were 12-2. please! they lost to longview and southlake carrol! not bad! lufkin is a tough ball club to play in lufkin! let me waxahachie play lufkin in lufkin and beat allen......................no way!!!!!!!! didn't waxahachie get smoked by sulphur springs last year?.....yes. don't want to hear that allof the sudden they have more talent than allen! no! good team but lets not get rediculous! dallas carter was also undefeated when they played the lobos last year. doesn't mean a hill of beans at this point!

EastTXfootballFan, you seem like one of the more ignorant lobo posters I've seen on my short time over here. You like to talk smack. I hope your team can back you up.

Sulpher Springs didn't smoke us. We gave them one of their tougher games in the playoffs last year. It was tied in the third qtr and SS scored a TD late in the 3rd and another TD in the 4th (35-21 final). Alot closer than most of the other games they had. Not to mention, Sterns transferred to Wax this year, Gagliano was injured in the SS game last year, and Easley was used primarily on defense last year, and Brown was an up and coming sophomore playing on varsity.

Again, you keep bringing up Allen and Lufkin. We didn't play those teams!!! Instead, if you want to compare common opponents, let's talk about Midway, Texas High, and to an extent Newman Smith and Highland Park. Who cares that you beat Allen. SLC got bounced this week by a nobody Bowie team! Who cares that you lost to Lufkin. No body in the state cares except YOU! Who cares about Carter?! How did they get into this discussion? We're not Carter, we actually do know what a forward pass is. I admire your homerism but you come off ignorant in your bullet points.

EastTXfootballFan, you seem like one of the more ignorant lobo posters I've seen on my short time over here. You like to talk smack. I hope your team can back you up.

Sulpher Springs didn't smoke us. We gave them one of their tougher games in the playoffs last year. It was tied in the third qtr and SS scored a TD late in the 3rd and another TD in the 4th. Alot closer than most of the other games they had. Not to mention, Sterns transferred to Wax, Gagliano was injured, and Easley was used primarily on defense last year, and Brown was an up and coming sophomore playing on varsity.

Again, you keep bringing up Allen and Lufkin. We didn't play those teams!!! Instead, if you want to compare common opponents, let's talk about Midway, Texas High, and to an extent Newman Smith and Highland Park. Who cares that you beat Allen. SLC got bounced this week by a nobody Bowie team! Who cares that you lost to Lufkin. No body in the state cares except YOU! Who cares about Carter?! How did they get into this discussion? We're not Carter, we actually do know what a forward pass is. I admire your homerism but you come off ignorant in your bullet points.

smack talk!....you seem as though your team has won 5 state championships and is untouchable!...nobody cares who your running backs are, who you beat, by how many points, etc..... you have talked all playoffs! homerism?....you almost lost to a mediocre corsicana team...your so called tons of talent got beat last year by a team longview dominated(sulphur springs)...nobody is saying longview is all that.actually i think longview does more with less than any team in the playoff! but to hear you spout of about your running game and you have never won anything is annoying!.you were the one talking about lufkin and allen. knocking down the teams we played but telling us how great wins over hp and others were. you probably have a fine team, but don't speak to soon. one thing longview has...is toughness and guts! your excuses are great also about injuries. who cares. grow a pair! maybe we will find out alot this weekend!

smack talk!....you seem as though your team has won 5 state championships and is untouchable!...nobody cares who your running backs are, who you beat, by how many points, etc..... you have talked all playoffs! homerism?....you almost lost to a mediocre corsicana team...your so called tons of talent got beat last year by a team longview dominated(sulphur springs)...nobody is saying longview is all that.actually i think longview does more with less than any team in the playoff! but to hear you spout of about your running game and you have never won anything is annoying!.you were the one talking about lufkin and allen. knocking down the teams we played but telling us how great wins over hp and others were. you probably have a fine team, but don't speak to soon. one thing longview has...is toughness and guts! your excuses are great also about injuries. who cares. grow a pair! maybe we will find out alot this weekend!

Go find a post where I brought them up. I never brought them up other than to say who cares that ya'll beat Allen and that we haven't played Allen and have no desire to play Allen. Who cares about Allen!

I'm not here to brag about my team. Thought we could all chat in a civilized manner until game day about the strengths and weaknesses of our teams but I knew there would be someone like you come around (and was even warned by other Lobo fans). I haven't made any excuses about injuries. Gagliano was hurt last year against SS but the better team won. This year, we have alot of players with injuries including our hobbled QB but win or lose, I don't make excuses. You are either better than the other team or you're not.

also your video makes me feel your trying to prove to us your team is good. no need if you really feel that way! your video actually does the opposite!. put more video on there please!

I didn't start that thread - I'm assuming a Longview fan did - so I posted an even shorter video. Feel free to post your own videos.

Go find a post where I brought them up. I never brought them up other than to say who cares that ya'll beat Allen and that we haven't played Allen and have no desire to play Allen. Who cares about Allen!

I'm not here to brag about my team. Thought we could all chat in a civilized manner until game day about the strengths and weaknesses of our teams but I knew there would be someone like you come around (and was even warned by other Lobo fans). I haven't made any excuses about injuries. Gagliano was hurt last year against SS but the better team won. This year, we have alot of players with injuries including our hobbled QB but win or lose, I don't make excuses. You are either better than the other team or you're not.

hey...it will be a good game against two good teams!...playoff football is the best!...just getting this far is a feat alone! you guys seems to have a good program! really! love teams that play hardnosed football! yours seems to be that way!

schedule allen and lufkin next year. how do you think waxahachie would do against allen,lufkin and tyler lee every year?...hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Again, you proved my point. YOU are the one who keeps bringing up Allen, Lufkin, and now Tyler Lee! LOL...I rest my case.