Jimmie Johnson wins 4 in a row

RETIREDFAN1

JJ and that 48 crew are incredible....they win when it counts, and i know lots of people are bored and just plain peed-off at his success, i'm bored to an extent also, but......some of his co-workers/other teams need to step it up many notches...if any of THEM want to be the man, either get better, or get used to being one of the ones behind the winner......not a jj fan btw, just a mark martin fan since 89

The race for the chase and current points system was designed so HMS and mainly Jimmie would win. Chad Knaus is the reason Jimmie wins. Period. Remember how Gordon was once so great? But without Evernham as Crew Chief he has been hit and miss at best. Last month at TMS, when Johnson crashed at the beginning, crew members from other Hendrick's drivers went to the garage to help JJ get back on the track and finish the race without a DNF. Hello!!!! Rick, You DO have other drivers that can win races!!!!

I agree with all your points camuchs, except how the current point system favors hms etc....almost conspiracy theory sounding. I'm sure rousch and childress would be on the front line if that were the case....anyhow, gordon won all his during the old system with an exceptional crew chief. I think Knaus could be the highest paid employee at hms, considering no contract yet...and maybe doing something different?

At the 'roast' of Jimmie/Chad, Kurt Busch got up and said that they were changing things up a little next year. Since they all knew that Jimmie was just a mediocre driver, they were putting Chad's name in a hat and each of them get one race with him as crew chief...... I thought that was hilarious! :highfive:

• 3 weeks later...