Mavradamus and some 4A reaignment predictions

Mavchamp

It's almost three hours from Texarkana to Nac. That's a tough sell for Tuesday night basketball, baseball, soccer, and softball.

Dobable......but talk about some late nights getting home with school the next day.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost three hours from Texarkana to Nac. That's a tough sell for Tuesday night basketball, baseball, soccer, and softball.

Dobable......but talk about some late nights getting home with school the next day.

It's about the same distance from Sulphur Springs to Nac. If that scenario came to be I would definitely see Sulphur Springs going west to a metroplex district.

Texas High

Marshall

Hallsville

Mt. Pleasant

Pine Tree

Sulphur Springs

Whitehouse

Jacksonville

Nacogdoches

For the schools mentioned above, travel would not be horrible for Marshall except Nac (which we used to do) and Sulphur Springs (which we've been doing). At this point anything is possible with the schools listed.

Jacksonville to Texas High is a long way to go to watch your kid play a JV softball game on a monday or tuesday night.

Not questioning your wisdom here, but as far as soccer is concerned thats a completly different district anyways.

Not questioning your wisdom here, but as far as soccer is concerned thats a completly different district anyways.

Nothing is for sure, but I hear some folks talking about Forney going south (Forney, Lancaster, Red Oak, Waxahachie, Ennis and Corsicana). God be with us if the Jackrabbits are put in that group!!!!!

Jacksonville to Texas High is a long way to go to watch your kid play a JV softball game on a monday or tuesday night.

There was once, Lee, John Tyler, Marshall, Longview, Lufkin, Nac... They had the same issues and concerns. Ask the UIL if they cared about your monday and tuesday night travel haha.

I couldn't imagine doing it in a spread out west texas district. We have it easy compared to some folks.

Nothing is for sure, but I hear some folks talking about Forney going south (Forney, Lancaster, Red Oak, Waxahachie, Ennis and Corsicana). God be with us if the Jackrabbits are put in that group!!!!!

Actually it is for sure. Check the districts. Henderson anad Kilgore are in Marshalls district for soccer. Plus throw the 3a schools that get in the districts. They are as far as East Texas is concerned.

I know questioning sanity is crazy with the UIL, but how could they leave Greenville out of that district? Every team would

have to pass through them going to Rockwall or Texarkana.

Greenville would definately be included....it was my oversight. Unless the Greenville lobby is strong enough to keep them out of an East Tx district and send them with a different DFW district instead.

I've heard this from too many reliable sources. Longview is going back to 5A. Mark it down. Count on it. It's gonna happen!!!

Depending on the enrollment cutoff numbers for 5A and 4A and how this will make LV go up to 5A, THS could go up to 5A in the next cycle given the rise in enrolllment in Texarkana ISD. There is not much difference in the numbers turned in by LV, THS, and JT. If that happens, the old 5A district, including LP and REL could happen. The only school that would be missing would be Marshall and they will play LV until hell freezes over. :notworthy: :alien: :notworthy:

Depending on the enrollment cutoff numbers for 5A and 4A and how this will make LV go up to 5A, THS could go up to 5A in the next cycle given the rise in enrolllment in Texarkana ISD. There is not much difference in the numbers turned in by LV, THS, and JT. If that happens, the old 5A district, including LP and REL could happen. The only school that would be missing would be Marshall and they will play LV until hell freezes over. :notworthy: :alien: :notworthy:

actually.....Marshall, Nac, and PT would all still be missing if you go back to the "old 12-5A" of the 70's and 80's.

Texas High will be 5A within the next 2 realignments.

I agree with that if UIL slows down or backs off of the current trend of 5A alignment.

History says that if the last alignment had 5A at 2085, then the upcoming alignment would have it up near 2,200 (I would guess around 2175). That would put the 2012 alignment at about 2250 or so.

Hard to imagine Texas High being able to keep up with that. I'll have to go back and see their trend.....

I love playing Texas High....but I'd wish them an adios if they joined the ranks of 5A again. I think they would compete VERY well.

I agree with that if UIL slows down or backs off of the current trend of 5A alignment.

History says that if the last alignment had 5A at 2085, then the upcoming alignment would have it up near 2,200 (I would guess around 2175). That would put the 2012 alignment at about 2250 or so.

Hard to imagine Texas High being able to keep up with that. I'll have to go back and see their trend.....

I love playing Texas High....but I'd wish them an adios if they joined the ranks of 5A again. I think they would compete VERY well.

Mavchamp.

Rumor has it, the uil is actually aiming at making the cutoff lower, because the uil may make D2 5a districts and D1 5a districts, which is why we are most likely moving back up.

Mavchamp.

Rumor has it, the uil is actually aiming at making the cutoff lower, because the uil may make D2 5a districts and D1 5a districts, which is why we are most likely moving back up.

If they were going to do it for the upcoming alignment, they would've already announced it. I believe, thus far, only 2A has been confirmed to be going down that path.

Mavchamp.

This rumor continues to have legs. I guess we'll know the truth soon enough.

UIL has announced that 2A will be divided into D1 and D2 districts this realignment. Does that mean that 2A will expand as well?

5A will not be divided into D1 and D2 districts this time. So what would be the reason to lower the cutoff? Why now after increasing it for the last nine straight realignments? If UIL wants to lower the cutoff, they should do it when/if 5A divides into D1 and D2 districts.

Doubt it.

If I remember correctly Texas High's snapshot enrollment was +138 from the last realignment. This town is undergoing phenomenal growth & it is expected to accelerate. I'm not happy about going 5A just because of the travel involved. Thre are threads on other boards suggesting the 5A numbers could indeed come down and if they do I'm sure John Tyler, Longview, and Texas High will all end up together in some kind of new district. . But I am afraid if John Tyler comes down, and the 5A numbers remain the same Texas High will get moved out of the district and sent west down I-30

This rumor continues to have legs. I guess we'll know the truth soon enough.

UIL has announced that 2A will be divided into D1 and D2 districts this realignment. Does that mean that 2A will expand as well?

5A will not be divided into D1 and D2 districts this time. So what would be the reason to lower the cutoff? Why now after increasing it for the last nine straight realignments? If UIL wants to lower the cutoff, they should do it when/if 5A divides into D1 and D2 districts.

That's an interesting thought. 2A could balloon because of the D1/D2 alignment. Seems to me that 3A/4A/5A alignment numbers would all rise a little more than normal.