• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a ref some of my favorites:

football:

" He can't hit him past 5 yards"

" 2 men in motion" as the team is getting reset

"tackle is eligible. watch the tackle, he is eligible" as the kid is wearing number 65

basketball:

"3 seconds" as the team is shooting the ball, gets the rebound and keeps shooting. someone in the fans keeps yelling for 3 seconds

"over the back" as the 6'2 kid is standing flat footed and reaches up and rebounds while the 5'2 kid is jumping and still cant get to the ball

sometimes you wonder if these people had actually ever been to a game before.

In softball, pitcher threw one really close to the plate and the ump called it a b a l l. Coach yelled to the pitcher, "Throw it there again, he won't miss it this time.

In basketball, defense is playing a 2-1-2 zone and all of the offense is on the perimeter. You can fans hollering 3 seconds because the 1 on the 2-1-2 zone is standing in the lane.

basketball:

"over the back" as the 6'2 kid is standing flat footed and reaches up and rebounds while the 5'2 kid is jumping and still cant get to the ball

sometimes you wonder if these people had actually ever been to a game before.

I heard a new one Tuesday night: "that wasn't over the back, that kid is jumping backwards".

Baseball to hitter: “give it a ride”

Football: “What happened?” Watch the dang game and you would know

“did we get a touchdown?” we are on defense genus

“watch this we are going to run it, yep I told you, I can always tell” He’s only been saying that for the last quarter and finally he gets it right.

“Run the other play coach”

Basketball all-time favorite: “Shoot it”

Track: "Run" really?

At the State Championship, Liberty Hill ran the Wing-T and could hide the ball so well that people in the Gilmer stands were yelling "He's got it!!!" HE??? yea that really helped

I was at that game and that was hillarious. Liberty Hill's Wing T was legit!

Every single time the opposing pitcher steps off, fakes an inside move to 2B, or tries the 3B to 1B pickoff, you'll automatically hear this cry from the stands. And not just from one fan, either.

And all of those get mysteriously quiet or yell "nice move" whenever their pitcher does it the next inning.

My personal favorites......

FOOTBALL= "BLOCK LINE!!!!" (Like the linemen are going to hear these idiots saying this and go, "Oh, #### I forgot that I was supposed to block on that play, dangit!"

BASEBALL= to the pitcher "ROCK N FIRE insert kids name here!" (what does this mean???)

BASKETBALL= "HANDS UP!"

Anybody else got any?

"Rock n Fire" means "rock" back in your pitching motion & deliver, or "fire" the ball. "Give um the ole yellow hamma" is my favorite!!

Basketball - This is not the NBA Ref, you cant take 3 steps.

This next line is the best line that i can use when it comes to anybody complaining about coaches "When we win we have great players, When we lose we have bad coaches".

Football - They are running the same play

O next time you have someone in the stands that says "they are running the same play" ask that person, was that the lead or zone, or was the 3 step or 5 step drop etc. etc. i bet they want say it again.

Baseball - That was in the dirt blue, we are not playing golf (On a low strike call)

Personally i dont call dirt strikes, it has to be above the knee caps. :happy65: .... And i only call little league before everyone yells at me.

Sorry guys i just keep thinking of more lines.

I love sitting by my Grandmother at basketball games. She will yell at the zebras till she is blue in the face and all she yells is " You cant do that ref" i think half the tyler and longview chapters hate my grandmaw. :happy65: