Texas 13 Nebraska 12

BeatNavy

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game, what a finish ! I personally think Musberger and his Crony sidekick should never be allowed to broadcast a Texas game again... The anti-Texas bias they showed throughout the game was driving me ####, unproffessional !

Hook 'em Horns

Congrats to Hunter Lawrence for making a kick under tremendous pressure.

I didn't think Nebraska had enough firepower to stay in this game against UT, but what a defensive game from both teams.

I am proud to be a 'Huskers fan, very proud and I'd rather lose this way than if Henery had missed his kick to grab the lead.

Another gut-wrenching loss for Nebraska against Texas...amazing.

David Smoak

What a game, what a finish ! I personally think Musberger and his Crony sidekick should never be allowed to broadcast a Texas game again... The anti-Texas bias they showed throughout the game was driving me ####, unproffessional !

Hook 'em Horns

They sounded bored the entire game.

he was their only source of points though...And without the personal foul they are out of range then too...He probably feels bad but he shouldnt. The kid did what he has to to win. Props to the whole nebraska team.

As for texas...I think they showed exactly how one dimensional they are tonight. It takes a legit running game to run against a solid defense. Look for the running game to struggle against Bama as well. I know Nebraska has a very salty D but after tonight i dont like Texas chances against Bama. And Saban is usually good in big games.

I agree... UT needs more downhill running playes or they need to let Colt run the ball more often. I thought Newton did as much as he could when he was used, but I'm wondering what happened to using Cody Johnson. He came in twice that I remember, and earlier in the season he was wearing defenses down. If (and this is a big if) he could have gotten passed the front four, he would have pounded those DBs.

A pass interference call on a ball that was not catchable and was being thrown away. Two fade routes caught out of bounds that should have been touchdowns(NU's fault not officals). Kunalic's kick out of bounds. I just can't help but wonder what could have been. I still wish they would have left Cody Green in the game.

Congrats to Texas. They better pick it up against BAMA.

Hook 'em Horns

Musberger sounded drunk, but I didn't think they were anti-Texas at all.

How so? As a Nebraska fan I felt he was biased for Texas. You could hear the kissing of Mack's rearend on the broadcast.

I always said Id rather be lucky than good.

Tonight the longhorns were more lucky than good.

Texas as usual got outcoached tonight. Gregg Davis as usual.

I don't think anyone can argue that.

Winning teams don't have that many penaties either.

Winning teams don't make that many mistakes.

There is no way they beat Alabama playing like they did tonight.

I won a lot of drag races in my racing time and I had to go 5, 6 and 7 rounds to win them and it never failed that one of those rounds during the night I would get lucky and win. It seemed like that was just the way it was.

I hope tonight was the Longhorns lucky round.

Forget about the Trophy Colt, it doesn't make you or break you.

How so? As a Nebraska fan I felt he was biased for Texas. You could hear the kissing of Mack's rearend on the broadcast.

Seems to me like they wanted nebraska to win the whole game...thats all they seemed to talk about is "what if texas loses" and they never were talking about texas winning....thats just from what i saw????

Couldn't have been any worse than Lee! Suh is a freak. Did you see the sack he got? He blocked a lineman with one arm and brought Colt down with the other. :notworthy:

In the first quarter Suh knocked down Newton with one arm as he looked like he was going out into a pattern and pushed a lineman off with his other arm at the same time and then got the sack.

Wow... Texas won on lucky breaks alone tonight.

At least they aren't going to worry about the Heisman curse anymore.

No, they won on a 46 yard FG. Funny how you don't talk about all of Bama's lucky breaks in both the Tennesee game and the Auburn game. Both teams did what it takes to go 13-0 and play for the NC. Enjoy the Sun Bowl.

About 8 years ago the University displaced Notre Dame as being the lucky's team in college football. Tonight simply proved that.

I would agree, when the ball went out of bounds at the end of the game there would have been one second left on the clock. However, what the replay did not show is what I was yelling out to the people I was watching the game with. When the ball was first snaped, the clock did not start for about a second after is should have. All the instant replay focused on was if there was a second on the clock when the ball went out of bounds, not "SHOULD" there been a second on the clock. Whay didn't the replay people and the TV people look at the clock when the ball was snaped too? The closk was on the TV when the actual play took place and you could see it did not start on time!

No, they won on a 46 yard FG. Funny how you don't talk about all of Bama's lucky breaks in both the Tennesee game and the Auburn game. Both teams did what it takes to go 13-0 and play for the NC. Enjoy the Sun Bowl.

No, because Bama played the #1 team in the country and against arguably, as much as it pains me to say it, one of the greatest college football players ever and dominated them in EVERY phase of the game while Texas struggled with a team that lost to Iowa State.

Alabama played its best football of the season today while Texas played some of their worst.

About 8 years ago the University displaced Notre Dame as being the lucky's team in college football. Tonight simply proved that.

I would agree, when the ball went out of bounds at the end of the game there would have been one second left on the clock. However, what the replay did not show is what I was yelling out to the people I was watching the game with. When the ball was first snaped, the clock did not start for about a second after is should have. All the instant replay focused on was if there was a second on the clock when the ball went out of bounds, not "SHOULD" there been a second on the clock. Whay didn't the replay people and the TV people look at the clock when the ball was snaped too? The closk was on the TV when the actual play took place and you could see it did not start on time!

C'mon man, you're not really going to bring that to the discussion are you? Let me explain something about the clock - a second is exactly that, a whole second. The numbers had just changed when the clock was stopped, so there had to be almost a full second before the next number appeared. Think about basketball games... the clock above the backboard actually counts down tenths of a second so officials can see the numbers in case of instant replay at the end of a quarter/half.

No, because Bama played the #1 team in the country and against arguably, as much as it pains me to say it, one of the greatest college football players ever and dominated them in EVERY phase of the game while Texas struggled with a team that lost to Iowa State.

Alabama played its best football of the season today while Texas played some of their worst.

and ou was sitting at the house.......