La Grange Vs. Carthage

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to sound cocky or anything, but i dont think we (carthage) will lose this one. the boys will play MUCH better than last week......Surratt will have them ready. state here we come....... :)

That's not sounding cocky at all....I like you do think that the boys will play much harder this week. Last weeks game was a close one. And I know from the way that the guys have played all year that they want state bad....I don't know about anyone else but I smell a State Championship...Let's Go Dawgs...all the way to State. :notworthy:

That's not sounding cocky at all....I like you do think that the boys will play much harder this week. Last weeks game was a close one. And I know from the way that the guys have played all year that they want state bad....I don't know about anyone else but I smell a State Championship...Let's Go Dawgs...all the way to State. :notworthy:

I'll take carthage to beat La Grange by 14

La Grange 28, Carthage 21

LaGrange has given up right at 20 points a game to the teams they have met thus far this season. Do you really think that they will hold Carthage to that many points? Do you really think the Dawgs' offense is about the quality of the average LaGranger opponent to-date? Have you seen the Dawgs play this year?

Ok I will give you guys another touchdown thats fine, defense doesn't seem to be very important in highschool football anymore anyway. Tough Carthage may be a bit better than the average La Grange opponent thus far during the playoffs, lets take a step back to which district La Grange came out of, and the average opponent from that district. This teem has been playing great teams for years so considering that I think the score may look a little like this. La Grange 35, Carthage 28. (Carthage would be an average opponent of that district by all means)

My only prediction is the La Grange Leopards will leave this one feeling like they have Alpo flavered underpants!

Carthage 71

La Grange "not so many"! :cripple:

Looks like Carthage is cocky:Anyone can be beat on any given night,including carthage:by the way carthage omost got beaten last week:La Grange is not cocky:the only thing im going to say is the leopards have one of the best passing games in the state,ya secondary better be ready.

Looks like Carthage is cocky:Anyone can be beat on any given night,including carthage:by the way carthage omost got beaten last week:La Grange is not cocky:the only thing im going to say is the leopards have one of the best passing games in the state,ya secondary better be ready.
I'm not from Carthage,I've seen them play though.They play a very "clean-but rough" game.That's the only way i know how to describe it.You'll understand what i'm talking about soon.Good luck,i hope everyone on both teams stays healthy!

. After this Saturday your gonna see why Defense is so important in any football game. Your boys better have their chin straps on when they take the field with the Dawgs.

41 points is a lot with a running team like Caldwell. I bet Carthage's Defensive line looked bad getting smashed like that. Maybe some linebackers should've filled the gaps. Hey La Grange has a nice running game too, look out for number 14 and number 22.

41 points is a lot with a running team like Caldwell. I bet Carthage's Defensive line looked bad getting smashed like that. Maybe some linebackers should've filled the gaps. Hey La Grange has a nice running game too, look out for number 14 and number 22.

959 you just lost credibility with this poster. You asked for scores a few posts up and then you just look at the score and make an absurd comment like this. Maybe you should have looked at the breakdown. Dawgs were winning 42-0 at the half. Common sense should tell you what happened. I'll listen to the rest of the La Grange posters(if you are even from there) but you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

I know this may seem like bashing but I swear there should be an age limit on this site.

Does anyone have the schedule of Carthage with the scores from this year?

Yea go ahead and judge our offese from those scores......Me and every Carthage fan are laughing at you right now! :rofl:

Where was defense when Carthage played Caldwell the second half, or Mexia. Actually what happened last week with the Carthage defense.

Well Mexia has a Better offense than any team youve prolly played all year. Cald well only put like 13 on our starters. Yea thats right we put in 2nd string at half time.

I believe the weather had a possible effect on our boys last week, because when they finally got warmed up they were hot! Big HITS in the 2nd quarter. All fairness # 22 for Lorena is a hoss!

Here kitty kitty!

I know this may seem like bashing but I swear there should be an age limit on this site.

Your right there should be, It should be limited to people who have played enough in the past years to be able to make assumptions.

Yea go ahead and judge our offese from those scores......Me and every Carthage fan are laughing at you right now! :rofl:

Well Mexia has a Better offense than any team youve prolly played all year. Cald well only put like 13 on our starters. Yea thats right we put in 2nd string at half time.

I believe the weather had a possible effect on our boys last week, because when they finally got warmed up they were hot! Big HITS in the 2nd quarter. All fairness # 22 for Lorena is a hoss!

Here kitty kitty!

I wouldnt say ya are the best offenses we will play:Giddings and Sealy and Bellville and Smithville:All have a great offense,and are all in our district:Did u hear 25-3A,OUR DISTRICT

was the tougest in 3A this year.I expect a close game for 2 reasons:La grange has played sume tough teams this year.And Carthage is beatable there no diffrent than any team other in our district.

And clown81:The leopards have played big o and d lines all year:so carthage aint no different.

I'm sure you guys have played big O-Lines but I say will full confidence that you've never seen an O-line like Carthage's O-line.

Look at Carthage's rushing yds for the past 2 years and keep in mind that they only played the first half in the majority of their games. I'm working now but if anyone has access please post.

What makes you think that they can last the whole game then. I'd rather have a quick moderate sized O-line than a slow oversized O-line, when big boys get tires they get lazy, which means blocks get missed.

Have a feeling that Coach Surratt will do a little talking to our all state DT(Williams) and lite a fire under him. Thinking Mr. Williams will be helping the QB up on a regular basis and our offense protects the ball much better this week.

End of 3rd Quarter:

Carthage 41

La Grange 14

final score will depend on how many reserves play in the 4th quarter

What makes you think that they can last the whole game then. I'd rather have a quick moderate sized O-line than a slow oversized O-line, when big boys get tires they get lazy, which means blocks get missed.

They've done it before and who said anything about slow and oversized? If that's what you're expecting you are in for a big surprise.