La Grange Vs. Carthage

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We throw excellent! Plenty of time for our QB and he's had two games with 0 incompletions.

Im sure there will probably be help either over the top or some how.

So you will have to double team him to try and stop him, that is what most teams have done.He is still avaeraging close to 100 yards a game being double team and with other teams double teaming him it has really opened up the running game, plus our other main receiver #8 is really benefiting from this type of defense. I would have thought with so much speed Carthage has that you would guard him man to man, so you are saying you have no one to guard him man to man.

Ya'lls offense has been unstoppable because yall haven't played a team that plays physical East Texas football yet. The only ways ya'll will score 30 to 35 points us if its on our 2nd team defense. Granted your passing numbers are good, but I'm sure that if we threw the ball everytime we touched it, our Passing numbers would be through the roof. And I've seen your defense on film and ya'll are small in size (not bashing your players) but Saturday night you will see our offensive line and realize what I'm talking about. They are big, mean ,physical and they dominate defensive lines especially undersized defensive lines.

TRUE DAT!

Carthage wins...... :notworthy:

So you will have to double team him to try and stop him, that is what most teams have done.He is still avaeraging close to 100 yards a game being double team and with other teams double teaming him it has really opened up the running game, plus our other main receiver #8 is really benefiting from this type of defense. I would have thought with so much speed Carthage has that you would guard him man to man, so you are saying you have no one to guard him man to man.

What are you talking about? You make NO sense.

Yea, but can they guard anyone. Seems you do not have an answer, do you need to talk to your coaches.

Oh, my friend...we have DBs who can guard...I can assure you Coach Surratt has someone capable of handling your guy. If he's as great as you say...kudos to him and we will double team if we have to, no shame in that! But, be wary...our DBs can catch too!

You keep talkin, but I bet we won't see you on here anymore after saturday night.
Haha that's usually how it is. Teams from other towns join Smoaky for a week, run their mouth and get all riled up. After they lose they tuck their tales and their Smoaky account is forever lost. Ya'll trip me out!! And to those that think we can't cover, we will be on your quaterback before he can get the ball out. We have great coaches so trust me we we aren't just going to jump on the field without a gameplan.

Haha that's usually how it is. Teams from other towns join Smoaky for a week, run their mouth and get all riled up. After they lose they tuck their tales and their Smoaky account is forever lost. Ya'll trip me out!! And to those that think we can't cover, we will be on your quaterback before he can get the ball out. We have great coaches so trust me we we aren't just going to jump on the field without a gameplan.

I will post one more time after the game, Happy or Sad. You can call it running my mouth, if you think that is what I am doing. All I have done is ask a few questions about your team, now I could say the same about you. As I have stated before Carthage reminds me of the 2000 Marlin team, on paper we should have not even been on the same field with them however we palyed a great game with some breaks and moved on to the championship game. If your team is head and shoulder's above our team then so be it, we will come ready to play and let the chips fall. Honestly though you have no idea about our La Grange team this year, i think you are comparing our team with the Giddings team of last year. That is your right however La Grange and last years Giddings team are totally different teams. Last post til Sunday, Good Luck and hopefully a major injury free game. Go Leps.

Too much trash talking by "non-essentials" when it comes to how the game is played. What is it about people on boards like this that want the losers to come back on and give "what is due." They don't owe you squat. It's like your not satisfied unless the loser comes back for some humility. Give me a break. Just be happy with the win and the boys will get the congrats from the other team. You're a fan on a message board.....you haven't done anything to earn a pat on the back after a win, unless you count your smack talk, worthy of such praise.

Support your team, brag on your players, and get excited about the game tomorrow night. I know that I am. But quit getting your feelings hurt if I don't agree with you and ask me to apologize for my actions if you happen to be the winner.

There's no doubt that Carthage should have the edge in this game. If you win, you should have. LG will have to play out of their minds and capitalize on any Carthage mistakes, if there are any. I would expect Carthage to line up and run right at LG and use play action passes for the big plays. LG will have to take some risk to be able to stop them which might open up some big plays in the running game. Athletic ability, Carthage has the edge. But don't count out LGs fight. It's the "it" factor that I think LG will have in their favor. I've not seen Carthage play this year, so I'm only speculating. I would also be surprised if Carthage has faced a QB this year such as the one from LG. He's throws a beautiful ball and has two outstanding receivers to go with it. I can see Carthage getting to him early with pressure, but will slow down as the game wears on. Carthage will have to jump on them early and hold them off. LG gets better as the game progresses. Last week surprised me though when Sinton took it to LG late in the game. So it is possible that LG could wear down too.

Here's to a competitive game that's free from injury.

I'm expecting a Carthage win...but really hoping for a LG victory. Go Leps!

Too much trash talking by "non-essentials" when it comes to how the game is played. What is it about people on boards like this that want the losers to come back on and give "what is due." They don't owe you squat. It's like your not satisfied unless the loser comes back for some humility. Give me a break. Just be happy with the win and the boys will get the congrats from the other team. You're a fan on a message board.....you haven't done anything to earn a pat on the back after a win, unless you count your smack talk, worthy of such praise.

Support your team, brag on your players, and get excited about the game tomorrow night. I know that I am. But quit getting your feelings hurt if I don't agree with you and ask me to apologize for my actions if you happen to be the winner.

There's no doubt that Carthage should have the edge in this game. If you win, you should have. LG will have to play out of their minds and capitalize on any Carthage mistakes, if there are any. I would expect Carthage to line up and run right at LG and use play action passes for the big plays. LG will have to take some risk to be able to stop them which might open up some big plays in the running game. Athletic ability, Carthage has the edge. But don't count out LGs fight. It's the "it" factor that I think LG will have in their favor. I've not seen Carthage play this year, so I'm only speculating. I would also be surprised if Carthage has faced a QB this year such as the one from LG. He's throws a beautiful ball and has two outstanding receivers to go with it. I can see Carthage getting to him early with pressure, but will slow down as the game wears on. Carthage will have to jump on them early and hold them off. LG gets better as the game progresses. Last week surprised me though when Sinton took it to LG late in the game. So it is possible that LG could wear down too.

Leopard81 was the first person to ask me if I was gonna show up if my team lost the next day. So maybe you should be mad at your own fans bub! Besides were use to the losing team not showing back up.

I wasn't accusing any one in particular. To the victor goes the spoils. I'll just be honest and say that if you win, you don't need me to make you feel good about your team...so don't expect it.

Congrats to Carthage and LG for making it this far. I think that it's impressive that both teams are in the final four with a chance to win a second state championship in this decade.

Freakin' Bellville is looking for their first...ever....and here are two teams going for their second. Carthage going for two in a row and LG looking to play in a state championship game for the 3rd time in 9 years, with one ring already have been won. LG may not have the "East Texas" talent that Carthage does...but they have something going for them. Success breads success. Both are living proof.

Feel better now?

Lighten up. I do agree with some of this though

Peolple need to stop getting on here an talking #### an then when someone says something back they dont like it.... then dont post anything... Just let the boys play an that will be the end of it! If we win or lose good job to both teams im sure they will all play there best and thats all that matters! :highfive:

Peolple need to stop getting on here an talking #### an then when someone says something back they dont like it.... then dont post anything... Just let the boys play an that will be the end of it! If we win or lose good job to both teams im sure they will all play there best and thats all that matters! :highfive:

People need to quit getting on here with crappy spelling and grammar. I went to Carthage schools so I know they teach it. Stop typing on Smoaky and listen in English class. That goes for punctuation too.

Go Dawgs