La Grange Vs. Carthage

Carthage's winning streak is currently 27. That is second in the state to 4A Lake Travis, which is going after its third consecutive state championship. They beat Longview in the finals last year and could meet them again in the finals again next week.

I hope not. I want them Lobos to get em one this year.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done a little more research on you big headed bulldogs and I am actually impressed, with last years team. Yes I know who Celina is and yes they do have great tradition, props to you bulldogs for beating a team who has a number of state titles in 2A and move up to 3A and within a year was playing for the state title there. Nice accomplishment, but as far as this years team goes I am sorry but the talents not the same, same running back but only like 3 or 4 returning starter on defense. I believe as far as the undefeated record goes, you haven't really faced any powerhouse teams at least not according to stats or records.

The average point spread for Carthage vs. La Grange is nearly equal as is much of the other comparing stats. The La Grange quarterback as just released in the Austin American Statesmen has a passing record of 3,373 yards and 36 touchdown passes, this overshadows your quarterback. The Leopards have two receivers with over 93 receptions thus far this season one with 24 touchdown receptions. The Leopard defense has allowed an average of 27 points this postseason the Bulldogs has allowed an average of 29.3. Special teams has to go to the bulldogs who returned the opening kickoff against caldwell, don't know how the "pat" group does for carthage but the Leps have miss some extra points this year. So heres the measure up and now maybe there can be some legitimate debate instead of parent or just fan pride.

Let's see. When I think of LaGrange I think of The Best Little........... :hmm:

No contest!

Carthage by 3 TD's

This Forney fan will be pulling for the Dawgs all the way!! I'm still seeking a little revenge for 2000!!!!!!

DawgDavis and Family gets to see a double header this weekend. Going to the Pitt/Graham game Friday...then Carthage/La Grange Saturday.....We'll be pulling for Pitt - All East Texas Final Game

GO DAWGS!!!!! (Buckeyes, Pirates, Lobos, DField Tigers too.)

Let's see. When I think of LaGrange I think of The Best Little........... :hmm:

You too, eh....???

Maybe the boys can go back to La Grange like the winners of the t.u. - A&M game used to....!!! :w00t:

I've done a little more research on you big headed bulldogs and I am actually impressed, with last years team. Yes I know who Celina is and yes they do have great tradition, props to you bulldogs for beating a team who has a number of state titles in 2A and move up to 3A and within a year was playing for the state title there. Nice accomplishment, but as far as this years team goes I am sorry but the talents not the same, same running back but only like 3 or 4 returning starter on defense. I believe as far as the undefeated record goes, you haven't really faced any powerhouse teams at least not according to stats or records.

The average point spread for Carthage vs. La Grange is nearly equal as is much of the other comparing stats. The La Grange quarterback as just released in the Austin American Statesmen has a passing record of 3,373 yards and 36 touchdown passes, this overshadows your quarterback. The Leopards have two receivers with over 93 receptions thus far this season one with 24 touchdown receptions. The Leopard defense has allowed an average of 27 points this postseason the Bulldogs has allowed an average of 29.3. Special teams has to go to the bulldogs who returned the opening kickoff against caldwell, don't know how the "pat" group does for carthage but the Leps have miss some extra points this year. So heres the measure up and now maybe there can be some legitimate debate instead of parent or just fan pride.

I hope you think we are a 29 point/game defense. The second string gave up more than half of those to Caldwell, it won't happen to La Grange, unless we're up 75. You might want to check your calculator. We shut out Gladewater, which was a playoff game...that means 22 pts. per game allowed.

I would hope your QB has more yards and td's than our qb seeing as your team passes the ball about 85% of the time. Our offense is probably the most balanced offense you will face all season.

We do not have the same running back, but we are great up front on both sides of the ball. I think most people would tell you that even though we didn't return a lot of starters on D, this year's D may be BETTER than last year's.

I hope you think we are a 29 point/game defense. The second string gave up more than half of those to Caldwell, it won't happen to La Grange, unless we're up 75. You might want to check your calculator. We shut out Gladewater, which was a playoff game...that means 22 pts. per game allowed.

I would hope your QB has more yards and td's than our qb seeing as your team passes the ball about 85% of the time. Our offense is probably the most balanced offense you will face all season.

We do not have the same running back, but we are great up front on both sides of the ball. I think most people would tell you that even though we didn't return a lot of starters on D, this year's D may be BETTER than last year's.

Ya sound pretty good:But no disrespect but La grange has enough talent to win this game:I give ya props for being the 2008 state champs:im looking forward to this game:and another thing the point spread on this game aint but 4 points so anything can happen still.

Well maybe you have done your research, but you might also need to kno that our players might make up the team, but they wouldn't be much without the parents and the fans! That goes for alot of teams! And your right we do have a different team this year and we lost many great playeers, but our players (definelty our starters) are still just as good! And all these people from LaGrange that say were cocky... I think you should take a look at some of the post by the leopard fans. I say cocky much? I will admitt it though I am a cocky fan I think or dawgs can beat any team out there! I cannot wait for Saturday night... it is just one step closer to getting another ring! But I must say I am interested to see what LaGrange has other than their trash talking fans!

Yeah we came from a district in which 4 teams were ranked in the states top 10, pretty impressive?

Yup. You lost to two of 'em & beat the other by 3 points.

vs Bellville Won 10-7

vs Giddings Lost 36-32

vs Sealy Lost 38-31

Seriously, nobody can discredit what lagrange has done. they're in the state semifinals for a reason. but cmon man, you're trying so hard to make us think you're good that i'm beginning to wonder......

Since you didn't mention it in recounting just about everything else that was included in the Austin newspaper preview of Saturday's game, both of the sportswriters picked the Dawgs to extend their winning streak to 28. And La Grange to head to the basketball court Monday morning.

It seems like your QB should have better #'s than ours considering yall pass almost every play.

Why don't you look up the rushing stats and compare them.thumbdown.gif

Courtesy of statesman.com even though the defensive stat are misleading.

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

Football preview: La Grange vs. Carthage

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

QUARTERBACK

La Grange's Josh Schneider has thrown for 3,773 yards and 36 touchdowns this season. A defensive back on last year's state title team, Carthage's Anthony Morgan set the school record for touchdown passes in his first season at quarterback.

EDGE: Even

OTHER OFFENSE

Brandon Wilkerson has caught 93 passes — 24 for touchdowns — for La Grange. Teammate Corbin McHazlett has a team-high 94 receptions. With 841 yards receiving and 13 touchdowns, Carthage wideout Jalen Claiborne is 110 yards and two touchdown catches away from two single-season school records that were set in 1991.

EDGE: La Grange

DEFENSE

La Grange shut out Devine two weeks ago, then allowed at least 27 points in each of its other playoff games. Carthage opened the playoffs with a shutout, but the Bulldogs have allowed an average of 29.3 points in their past three games.

SPECIAL TEAMS

La Grange has missed seven extra-point kicks in the postseason, but kicker Jacob Henderson did convert two short field goals last week against Sinton. Gary Nutt, who plays offense and defense, returned the opening kickoff of Carthage's regional playoff game against Caldwell for a touchdown.

EDGE: Carthage

INTANGIBLES

A win would put La Grange in its third state title game this decade. At 27 games, Carthage's winning streak is the second-longest active streak in the state.

OUR PICKS

Rick Cantu: Carthage

Danny Davis: Carthage

Courtesy of statesman.com even though the defensive stat are misleading.

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

Football preview: La Grange vs. Carthage

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

QUARTERBACK

La Grange's Josh Schneider has thrown for 3,773 yards and 36 touchdowns this season. A defensive back on last year's state title team, Carthage's Anthony Morgan set the school record for touchdown passes in his first season at quarterback.

OTHER OFFENSE

Brandon Wilkerson has caught 93 passes — 24 for touchdowns — for La Grange. Teammate Corbin McHazlett has a team-high 94 receptions. With 841 yards receiving and 13 touchdowns, Carthage wideout Jalen Claiborne is 110 yards and two touchdown catches away from two single-season school records that were set in 1991.

EDGE: La Grange

DEFENSE

La Grange shut out Devine two weeks ago, then allowed at least 27 points in each of its other playoff games. Carthage opened the playoffs with a shutout, but the Bulldogs have allowed an average of 29.3 points in their past three games.

SPECIAL TEAMS

La Grange has missed seven extra-point kicks in the postseason, but kicker Jacob Henderson did convert two short field goals last week against Sinton. Gary Nutt, who plays offense and defense, returned the opening kickoff of Carthage's regional playoff game against Caldwell for a touchdown.

INTANGIBLES

A win would put La Grange in its third state title game this decade. At 27 games, Carthage's winning streak is the second-longest active streak in the state.

OUR PICKS

Rick Cantu: Carthage

Danny Davis: Carthage

I see a couple of things left out on the Carthage info with this...only mentioning Jalen Claiborne as a receiver is a mistake. Trevor Murphy, E. Pope, Gary Nutt, and Wheatie (O'Bryan Washington) can all catch the ball not to mention Defensive player Kendall Thompson's 2 TD receptions. Also on Special Teams, not mentioning Francisco Monreal, the Bulldog kicker, who has missed a few xp's this season (not many- I do not think he has missed one in the playoffs, but could be mistaken) and has kicked at least one 40+ yd field goal this year and E. Pope's ability to block kicks. As for the Carthage Defense: many of the points that count toward the "average 29.3" points allowed...was on 2nd string defense not our starters. They still gave Carthage the nod to win, but I think we have more of an edge than they think based on what they said and what I know to be true.

On the other hand, it is highly possible that in this synopsis, they have failed to mention some key points for LaGrange sooo....who knows.

Carthage will win this one even if it is by a fieldgoal.

I see a couple of things left out on the Carthage info with this...only mentioning Jalen Claiborne as a receiver is a mistake. Trevor Murphy, E. Pope, Gary Nutt, and Wheatie (O'Bryan Washington) can all catch the ball not to mention Defensive player Kendall Thompson's 2 TD receptions. Also on Special Teams, not mentioning Francisco Monreal, the Bulldog kicker, who has missed a few xp's this season (not many- I do not think he has missed one in the playoffs, but could be mistaken) and has kicked at least one 40+ yd field goal this year and E. Pope's ability to block kicks. As for the Carthage Defense: many of the points that count toward the "average 29.3" points allowed...was on 2nd string defense not our starters. They still gave Carthage the nod to win, but I think we have more of an edge than they think based on what they said and what I know to be true. On the other hand, it is highly possible that in this synopsis, they have failed to mention some key points for LaGrange sooo....who knows. Carthage will win this one even if it is by a fieldgoal.
I agree 100 percent!