BlackwellSooner

DB2point0

Like everyone else, I am at a loss to explain why kids do what they do in recruiting. He is keeping things pretty close to his chest, for sure.

There is a lot of speculation:

He has already made up his mind where he's going (OU or UT) and decided to take his visit to OSU since he has had several unofficials to OU already and just finished his visit to UT.

I'd be lying to say that it isn't causing quite a bit of chagrin, as many Sooner fans thought that he was a 80% - 90% bet for OU in the last week or so...

If he winds up at OSU, on the other hand, there are going to be some really #### Sooner fans. Not so much if he winds up at Texas, as the Horns or possibly USC were the other strong possibilities to get his verbal.

I will say that his sudden announcement to cancel (postpone?) his OU visit and take a trip to Stillwater came as a real shock...

It's recruiting. Who knows?

If he goes to Oklahoma State... he steps on campus and is immediately the next Dez Bryant. On top of that he spends every day in amazing facilities and top notch housing. If he goes to OU or UT he is competing for a job. Personally, I think he should have to compete for his job.. it would make him better in the long run, but try looking at it from the eyes of an 18 year old. They dont care anymore about tradition. They care about what is flashy and nice and has nike on it. So if Texas, OU, and Oklahoma State all have flashy, nice, and nike... but he can come in and immediately be the go-to guy... you get my point

I asked nothing of his mother. I asked for insight as to why he has yet again cancelled the trip to Norman, scheduled one to Stillwater and plans on announcing very soon.

He is not going to OSU. He will either go to OU or UT. There are rumors that his cousin, who is currently an OU commit and who the UT coaching staff referred to as "The Guest of Darius White" might be looking elsewhere. By the way db, his mother has everything to do with this. This kid is not going to commit somewhere unless his mother is onboard.

I asked nothing of his mother. I asked for insight as to why he has yet again cancelled the trip to Norman, scheduled one to Stillwater and plans on announcing very soon.

How soon is "very soon"? I hadn't heard that his decision was imminent.

Whoever gets this commitment/LOI, (and we all know that the two do not always go hand in hand), will be getting a real talent. Obviously, I am pulling for the Sooners - he would look good opposite of Ryan Broyles!

Its that wiley wascally Boone Pickins at work!!!

Wouldn't be surprised, he has bought the Pokes everything else... :thumbdown:

If something completely unexpected happens, and he winds up at OSU, I think that Orangepower may have put his finger on it:

Some kids like to be the big fish in the pond rather than have to compete for a job, as would be the case should he go to OU or Texas...

Wouldn't be surprised, he has bought the Pokes everything else... :thumbdown:

If something completely unexpected happens, and he winds up at OSU, I think that Orangepower may have put his finger on it:

Some kids like to be the big fish in the pond rather than have to compete for a job, as would be the case should he go to OU or Texas...

Yep. orangepower pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Like everyone else, I am at a loss to explain why kids do what they do in recruiting. He is keeping things pretty close to his chest, for sure.

There is a lot of speculation:

He has already made up his mind where he's going (OU or UT) and decided to take his visit to OSU since he has had several unofficials to OU already and just finished his visit to UT.

I'd be lying to say that it isn't causing quite a bit of chagrin, as many Sooner fans thought that he was a 80% - 90% bet for OU in the last week or so...

If he winds up at OSU, on the other hand, there are going to be some really #### Sooner fans. Not so much if he winds up at Texas, as the Horns or possibly USC were the other strong possibilities to get his verbal.

I will say that his sudden announcement to cancel (postpone?) his OU visit and take a trip to Stillwater came as a real shock...

It's recruiting. Who knows?

Blackwell, Thanks for the insight. I know we bicker back and forth (it is fun) but you do usually have decent to good insight regarding the OU program.

He is not going to OSU. He will either go to OU or UT. There are rumors that his cousin, who is currently an OU commit and who the UT coaching staff referred to as "The Guest of Darius White" might be looking elsewhere. By the way db, his mother has everything to do with this. This kid is not going to commit somewhere unless his mother is onboard.

From InsideTexas.com: Darius White taking his official to Oklahoma State. I also read that he has cancelled yet another official visit to OU shortly after visiting Texas.

So how do you know he isn't going to Oklahoma State? did you ask his mother?

How soon is "very soon"? I hadn't heard that his decision was imminent.

Whoever gets this commitment/LOI, (and we all know that the two do not always go hand in hand), will be getting a real talent. Obviously, I am pulling for the Sooners - he would look good opposite of Ryan Broyles!

IDK how very soon is. I just read that he was very close to making his decision and would be making an announcement "very soon". That is why I was asking you. I thought you could let us all know what is actually going on.......instead of what you think his mother thinks about it.

IDK how very soon is. I just read that he was very close to making his decision and would be making an announcement "very soon". That is why I was asking you. I thought you could let us all know what is actually going on.......instead of what you think his mother thinks about it.

I believe that you have tylersooner and me confused. I didn't say anything about his mother...

Again, you are confusing BlackwellSooner and tylersooner... But what I THINK that tylersooner was saying is that D White would not wind up as a Poke. I do not think that he was saying that White would not visit Stillwater...

tylersooner, maybe YOU can clarify?

From InsideTexas.com: Darius White taking his official to Oklahoma State. I also read that he has cancelled yet another official visit to OU shortly after visiting Texas.

No I did not ask his mother. He has been to OU numerous time unofficially. His mind is made up. He is going to OSU simply because it is a free trip.