UIL Rules on Noise Makers?

BulldawgFan52

Remember a couple of weeks ago when the announcer said the UIL does not allow air-horns at these games? Maybe UIL hasn't heard of a propane shaker -- I know I hadn't until I read the post about LaGrange. We need to know what's OK for this game and what's not. Didn't Celina show up at Texas Stadium last year with a train horn?

There is not a uniform UIL rule regarding artificial noisemakers.

Individual stadiums and districts come up with their own guidelines.

This is correct! Corsicana was either bluffing people into not using airhorns or they are ignorant of the rule. UIL has no say in airhorns at football games. My advice check the stadium website or call someone in charge of the schools stadium to see if they approve of airhorns used in their stands.

It was borderline impossible to enjoy any playoff game at Corsicana this year due to the never-ceasing stadium announcements concerning rules, concessions, and bathrooms. As soon as a play ended, there goes another announcement about something you aren't allowed to do...but hey, the north concession stand is open!

It was borderline impossible to enjoy any playoff game at Corsicana this year due to the never-ceasing stadium announcements concerning rules, concessions, and bathrooms. As soon as a play ended, there goes another announcement about something you aren't allowed to do...but hey, the north concession stand is open!

I've been thrown out of Tiger stadium twice now for being in too early! They have major problems; I've tried to contact their stadium manager to let him know of what all went on at the ticket gate when Lobos were there a couple of weeks ago, but he hasn't responded yet. They told us 5 min before opening that they were not accepting tickets bought in Longview. One lady told them you and what Army is gonna stop us from coming through this gate! I do not get these people with their stadium rules. I think it gives people a sense of power and they weild it on their guests to the nth degree. Waco ISD stadium is about the same.