A Recruiting Guide to Texas

bordertown

The University of Texas has in my orange colored glass the best ads of any University promoting itself. Unfortunately, we have lost the voice to that series of ads. So mom and dad if you want your child to get a great education. I will begin a series of Reasons to go to Texas. Other horn fans are welcomed to post your thoughts on this topic. The naysayers I suspect will be like the monkeys at the zoo and try to sling dung. In the end can they match Texas from an academic, athletic and social aspects? Do we have warts? Yes, but the positives far exceed the negatives. We're Texas!!!!

I will start globally. How is Texas overall Ranked.

World Rankings

#26 Times of London

#27 Newsweek

#39 Shanghai Jiao Tong University

#70 Times Higher Education

National Rankings

#19 U.S News and World Report (Graduate Programs)

#13 U.S News and World Report (Public)

#47 U.S News and World Report (including private)

I will explore the various schools at the University next.

I wont bash just because you post something about your school. It seems to be mostly Horn fans that start the bashing IMO. But back on topic...Thats great news for the school. Where do the rest of the big 12 schools come up on that list?

What is interesting (and always has been, because it isn't the first time this has happened) but aTm is well known for their engineering program, yet the University of Texas is ranked (tied, actually) for the 9th best university for engineering, while A&M isn't in the top 10....just an observation.

World Rankings - Shanghai Jiao Tong University

Texas # 38

Texas A&M #88

Times Higher Education

Texas #70

Texas A&M #137

Colorado #180

National Schools Public (w/private) - US NEWS

Texas #15 (47)

Texas A&M #22 (61)

Colorado #34 (77)

Baylor (80)

Iowa St #39 (88)

Nebraska #43 (96)

Kansas #43 (96)

Missouri #48 (102)

Oklahoma #48 (102)

Texas Tech - 3rd Tier

Footnote - Rice is #17

School of Architecture

Graduate and Undergraduate Programs - Ranked 5th by DesignIntelligence, a journal that produces the only recognized rankings for accredited bachelor's and master's programs in architecture in the United States based on input from hundreds of design professionals, academic department heads and students.

Interior Design - 10th

Landscape Architecture - 12th

Oklahoma St - Top 20

Kansas St - 6th Undergraduate, 3rd Interior Design, landscape architecture 3rd

Noteable - Rice #9 UG

NOTE: If you are an athlete, this is not the degree for you. Long hours make it difficult to do both.

Guest jeffjam
School of Architecture

Graduate and Undergraduate Programs - Ranked 5th by DesignIntelligence, a journal that produces the only recognized rankings for accredited bachelor's and master's programs in architecture in the United States based on input from hundreds of design professionals, academic department heads and students.

Interior Design - 10th

Landscape Architecture - 12th

Oklahoma St - Top 20

Kansas St - 6th Undergraduate, 3rd Interior Design, landscape architecture 3rd

Noteable - Rice #9 UG

NOTE: If you are an athlete, this is not the degree for you. Long hours make it difficult to do both.

nm. It was more of an academic question on engineering I thought border might know, but thats okay. Just wondering what people have heard on it.

Tylersooner and jeffjam,

I don't think his post is has actually anything to do with football, or at least it doesn't mention it. Its a post about the overall academic standings and offerings from Texas.

If you are from Tech or are a Tech fan (t-shirt or otherwise), what else are you gonna brag about? Lubbock?

jeffjam

Yes, a young man who is friends with one of my children could graduate in December with a degree from the McCombs School of Business in 3-1/2 years. He started off in engineering and switched to business. He is a two time 1st Team Big XII Academic Team. He is not a starter but is a collecting his 3rd letter this year and is on the Depth Chart. If he plays his cards right, he could be close to having an MBA when his eligiblity expires.

I will cover the reputation of that school tommorrow.

Guest jeffjam
If you are from Tech or are a Tech fan (t-shirt or otherwise), what else are you gonna brag about? Lubbock?

Guess this was not the thread to ask a question about civil engineering. My bad. 85Lobo seemed to think for some reason I was referencing football and Scott?.... don't know about him.

Guest jeffjam
jeffjam

Yes, a young man who is friends with one of my children could graduate in December with a degree from the McCombs School of Business in 3-1/2 years. He started off in engineering and switched to business. He is a two time 1st Team Big XII Academic Team. He is not a starter but is a collecting his 3rd letter this year and is on the Depth Chart. If he plays his cards right, he could be close to having an MBA when his eligiblity expires.

I will cover the reputation of that school tommorrow.

Thank you. I've heard that one other time. Someone told me that engineering students may not be seen for weeks if they are working on a project and it very seldom works with a football schedule.