A Recruiting Guide to Texas

bordertown

I agree that UT is probably the best academic school in the Big 12 and one of the best in the country. However, like at most schools, the vast majority of these guys are not seeking degrees that amount to much.

I don't disagree with you and I think it is a shame. If there career aspirations are to coach, that is fine. But most of the Big XII schools through their alumni bases can be a great start to a post playing day career.

While the source of my material is from UT, I hope you appreciate I am stating the results of other Big XII schools and Rice (the leader of SW academics). Most of these guys career will end in college and 75% of the rest in training camps of an NFL team.

Guest jeffjam
Jeffjam Superscot was refering to this post. Contrary to what you think not every post is about you. Pay closer attention

ed, I was referring to 85lobo when he specifically called me out. I originally asked about engineering. Learn to read. Just questioned Scots' random jabs. I got my answer to my original question from the normal guy who started the thread. But thanks for the uneducated responses.

Thank you. I've heard that one other time. Someone told me that engineering students may not be seen for weeks if they are working on a project and it very seldom works with a football schedule.

I had a child graduate from the UT School of Architecture. They issued the kids keys to the buildings and kids were known to bring cots to the school. Engineering is not quite as bad from a time constraint, but the classes are all difficult and require alot of time outside of class to keep up.

Alot of the time drain in Architecture is building models which is teadous trying to make your building work. One thing to draw it on paper, another to build it.

ed, I was referring to 85lobo when he specifically called me out. I originally asked about engineering. Learn to read. Just questioned Scots' random jabs. I got my answer to my original question from the normal guy who started the thread. But thanks for the uneducated responses.

My post are uneducated coming from you that RICH!!!

Random jabs is my spiritual gift, just as blathering about naught is your. ed was correct in his original appraisal, however, in that I was responding to - as hard as this might be for you to believe - something that was NOT about you. That happens here sometimes.

Guest jeffjam

This could be a good thread if it stays on target. Seems ed and scot are bound to get it off track. Hopefully border will go down the list of big12 schools.

That one flew over your head. Let me do this again.

The Smoakhouse Fourms>SPORTS TOPICS>Big12/College Sports

....and the post fits how?

If you don't want to read it or disagree with it being here, then don't open it. Seems pretty simple.

Thanks for the info...I am in no way trying to knock Texas or any other school, but im sure if those teams that are lower on the list dug they could find other list thta have them near the top. This tread IMO isone that sounds great if your a Horn fan and Bad if you like anyone else, but its not really that way. Im sure there are list from other schools that will have other programs higher or lower. IF someone does their homework you can nearly always find something that will make your school look better or find a person or list that think your school is better. But that takes nothing away from Texas being tops of these list. Its just there are others that will have them lower. Doesnt make either wrong but doesnt make either 100% fact either.

GReat job on your homework though. Something great to talk about

If you are from Tech or are a Tech fan (t-shirt or otherwise), what else are you gonna brag about? Lubbock?

Where did you go to college Scot? I'd be shocked if they were in higher academic standing than Texas Tech, we're getting funding that will put us on our way to tier 1 standing in the near future.

If you don't like conservative cities with 200k people and lots of stuff to do and really good looking girls and a great climate and beautiful campus, then I guess we don't have much in common.

Where did you go to college Scot? I'd be shocked if they were in higher academic standing than Texas Tech, we're getting funding that will put us on our way to tier 1 standing in the near future.

If you don't like conservative cities with 200k people and lots of stuff to do and really good looking girls and a great climate and beautiful campus, then I guess we don't have much in common.

Austin is conservative compared to say Sodom:) I was their for one year undergrad. too much night life. Went back when I matured and received my Doctorate. Number 2 program in U.S. behind Harvard.

Thank you. I've heard that one other time. Someone told me that engineering students may not be seen for weeks if they are working on a project and it very seldom works with a football schedule.

From personal experience as an engineering student: if you are not seen for weeks because you are working on a project, you are probably not doing it right.

Generally the engineers that never seem to have time do anything else but school don't really know what they are doing. If you understand what is going on, you can make time do anything. Like Toby Gerhart is a management science and engineering major (that is only one major) and plays two NCAA sports.

I do know architects will spend a lot of time on projects building models. I think someone said above that at Texas they give kids keys to the building, they don't even lock the architect or engineering buildings at A&M.

This in my personal favorvite. I know I have probably left some folks off the list, but frankly some schools are not very good promoters. Personally, if they are not on my list - don't cry to me if the Marketing Department was not ranked.

Texas McCombs School of Business

#6 Undergraduate business program (U.S. News & World Report, 2009).

#18 MBA program (U.S. News & World Report, 2009).

#18 Executive MBA (U.S. News & World Report, 2009).

Undergraduate Departments

#1 Accounting (my personal favorite as my degree was generated in this department)

#3 Marketing

#4 Management Information Systems

#4 Management

#6 Finance

#7 Insurance/Risk Management

#8 International Business

#8 Production / Operations Management

#9 Entrepreneurship

#10 Quantitative Analysis/Methods

#10 Real Estate

#12 Supply Chain Mgt/Logistics

A&M

Undergraduate Business #31

MBA #33

Accounting #20

Management #16

Baylor

Undergraduate Business #57

MBA #63

#13 Entrepreneurship

Missouri

Undergraduate #48

MBA #55

Iowa State

Undergraduate #83

MBA #63

Supply Chain Logistics #37

Now Aggies I hear your Supply Chain is good but did not run across it. May show up in another college.

This one is my personal favorite.

July, 2009 Bar Exam Passing Rate (first time examinees)

1. Texas Tech 94.52%

2. Baylor 94..12%

3. T.W.U. 93.29%

4. UT 92.36%

5. UofH 91.63%

Very impressive. Isn't that exam a 2 or 3 day event? I know some teachers/coaches/administrators that haven't passed their EXCET test on numerous occassions.

This one is my personal favorite.

July, 2009 Bar Exam Passing Rate (first time examinees)

1. Texas Tech 94.52%

2. Baylor 94..12%

3. T.W.U. 93.29%

4. UT 92.36%

5. UofH 91.63%

The bar exam is over courtroom procedure. They didn't teach that at Texas when I was there. They expected you to pick that up on your own time. They did teach a bar review/ courtroom procedure class at Baylor. Don't know about the other L.S.

So is BEVODIDIT supposed to stay away from you are your daughter? :flowers: :flowers:

QUOTE (Hookemhorns88 @ Dec 15 2009, 08:21 AM)

My daughter will be a freshman next year at UT. She does not have hairy armpits but I do! Keep your distance!!

So is BEVODIDIT supposed to stay away from you are your daughter?

Stay away from the daughter!!! You will only get close to my hairy armpits if I have to put you in a headlock dragging you away from her!! :cripple: :rofl:

I had a child graduate from the UT School of Architecture. They issued the kids keys to the buildings and kids were known to bring cots to the school. Engineering is not quite as bad from a time constraint, but the classes are all difficult and require alot of time outside of class to keep up.

Alot of the time drain in Architecture is building models which is teadous trying to make your building work. One thing to draw it on paper, another to build it.

I graduated from the SOA as well. I spent many hours in the basement of Sutton Hall. What separates the SOA of from other degree plans is that you have to "show" your work. You cannot "guess" on an answer on a test. If the drawing or model is not complete then there is no guessing or assuming. Another issue with Architecture is that often times your design is judged by a jury which can be very subjective. Some people like the color red and others don't. I was sleep deprived for 5 years. I hate to admit it but I even missed some home UT football games! Of course we were not that good during the mid-to-late-80's.