Spring Hill Job

plug3154

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure they have several great coaches.

He has been the DC at Longview and won many district titles, he was at PT when they won a district title yeah thats right in football... in 2002 look it up. He seems to get the short end of the stick he is a class act and really knows his stuff.

and he has proven he can lead, just look at the softball teams he has coached... nothing but success

That is correct. Didnt even think to mention that stuff. If you have been coached by him you really understand how truely great he is and how could he would be.

If Comfort would have wanted the job he would have applied.

If its an inside job they would and should have offered it to him. He has earned enough credit around here to get that kind of respect. Especially after what he has done with SH softball team and i know first hand his talent footballl wise.

They said he could lead a group of kids!! Having said that, I dont know if I would offer him the job right off the bat (inside job comment earlier)--I dont know Comfort, im just an alum interested in who the final 4 were.

I think I got it narrowed down to who you are lol..

Im curious to who the final 4 are as well.. Gonna be stuck in a tough district next year either way one looks at it..

I really don't care who got this job. I'm just wondering how doing a good job with Girls Softball qualifies a guy to be a head football coach. One has nothing to do with the other.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about because COmfort is one of the best defensive coaches in Texas.

Yea but Spring Hill isn't known for having the best defense in Texas....not even in their district.

[/quote

If you have never been coached by him you wouldnt understand. I dont know what kind of system they have over at SH. When he was at PT he did all the defensive work on his own. Lead or almost lead in all catagories in district with PINE TREE.

At longview he did all kinds of great things. He is a good coach who gets looked over is all i am saying. I just feel like SH is making the same mistake PT is made.

If you dont know the man you shouldnt be allowed to comment.

Coach Comfort wrote the book on bringing intensity, organization, work ethic, and motivation to high school athletes whether its on the football field, softball field, or in the classroom. Success in coaching one sport does correlate with coaching another sport if the knowledge of that other sport is sufficient, and those who know Coach Comfort know that isnt even an issue. The Spring Hill coaching staff in its current form is one of the greatest assemblies of great coaches and great men, who will land on their feet no matter what ends up happening at Spring Hill. They will continue to lead student athletes to maximizing their potential on and off the field, and ultimately into being successful humans past high school.

If you have never been coached by him you wouldnt understand. I dont know what kind of system they have over at SH. When he was at PT he did all the defensive work on his own. Lead or almost lead in all catagories in district with PINE TREE.

At longview he did all kinds of great things. He is a good coach who gets looked over is all i am saying. I just feel like SH is making the same mistake PT is made.

If you dont know the man you shouldnt be allowed to comment.

You obviously don't know him too much then. As coachmom said, "If he wanted the job, he would have applied." I don't feel like he is being looked over. He had the equal opportunity to apply and he would have had a fair chance at an interview.

You obviously don't know him too much then. As coachmom said, "If he wanted the job, he would have applied." I don't feel like he is being looked over. He had the equal opportunity to apply and he would have had a fair chance at an interview.

haha I know him very well.

Coach Comfort wrote the book on bringing intensity, organization, work ethic, and motivation to high school athletes whether its on the football field, softball field, or in the classroom. Success in coaching one sport does correlate with coaching another sport if the knowledge of that other sport is sufficient, and those who know Coach Comfort know that isnt even an issue. The Spring Hill coaching staff in its current form is one of the greatest assemblies of great coaches and great men, who will land on their feet no matter what ends up happening at Spring Hill. They will continue to lead student athletes to maximizing their potential on and off the field, and ultimately into being successful humans past high school.

Did Comfort write this himself?