Why I'm not a Brett Favre Fan

He's great....no doubt. Never personally been a fan & the annual quit/don't quit drama is a main reason. This is another. It's not limited to just him though......it's a growing problem in the NFL. Players pushing coaches around.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-f...o&type=lgns

Yep, I've lost almost all respect I ever had for Favre over the last few years. The retirement #### and now this. Childress should be embarrased, as should Favre, but you know favre isn't.

I've never been a Brett Favre fan. I hope he doesn't win only his second Super Bowl. However on this case, most starters do want to stay in, and finish the job. In my opinion, the coaches decision is the only decision to be made.

Favre is a very good quarterback, but most of his records are simply the result of longevity. One thing for sure after listening to some of his interviews over the last couple of years - his is a legend in his own mind.

Not really defending favre in any way with the coach dispute but, what does it say about a coach that allows his players to override his decisions???

I will defend him on the retire or not retire subject...the man is an awesome quarterback who happens to be really old for a nfl player and i believe he thought everyone wanted him to quit and he didnt want to...when he came back the first time he realized he made a mistake in retiring the year before...and when he came back he wanted to play for the packers and they told him no...discouraged after another injury he wanted to retire again due to not being on a playoff calibur( let alone superbowl calibur team )in the jets...when he got his chance to come back and play for the vikings( which were and are very capable of making the superbowl )he took it...can you really blame him for wanting one more ring? lol

I'm not saying he has handled all these situations the correct way but these are difficult situations to cope with and decide on...

How many of you want a QB that would just say yeah ok coach no prob in a 7-6 ballgame? And to top it off this was a important game for them. He is a competitor and a winner. You think Peyton Manning..or Tom Brady...Drew Brees or Phillip Rivers would want to come out? I doubt it. You think Romo would come out? I doubt it. Some folks just look for any little thing to complain about when it comes to Brett Farve. Heck you ask any QB good or not if they would have wanted to come out. Bottom line the coach didn't have the stones to bench him.

Nothing wrong with what Favre did during the game. The problem was he talked to the media too much after the game. Really threw his coach under the bus and there was no reason to do so. He could, and should, have said something along the lines of "yeah we discussed it but decided I would stay in."

Nothing wrong with what Favre did during the game. The problem was he talked to the media too much after the game. Really threw his coach under the bus and there was no reason to do so. He could, and should, have said something along the lines of "yeah we discussed it but decided I would stay in."

This. Favre basically laid out that Childress is just crazy and cannot be trusted. Why else would he try to pull the Brett? When their winning?

I'm sure Brett tried to incinerate Childress with his laser vision sometime in the 3rd quarter.

This is why coaches and players shouldn't be such close friends. Both Brett and Brad have stated in the past how they are such great friends. Brett refuses to realize he is the player and Brad is the manager, which is a bad combination. Tune in to see how this one turns out. To me, the Vikings were the team to beat in the NFC, but after this, who knows.