2010 will be Darren Oliver's third stint with the Rangers

cheaptrick77

This might be the biggest off season signing that the Rangers have. I'm just saying is there are many teams that are signing players that will contribute to their teams. I'm really disappointed in the Rangers, and I realize that they are going through an ownership change. If this is all little johnny daniels has to offer, and he expects business as usual at Ranger Park. I feel for ya'll.

I'm not saying that any of you are stupid Rangers fans, where you got that from is "off" .

Where would MLB be if all the organizations were like your "Evil Empire" where you could just throw in 200 million or so and buy a world series. I know this has been kicked around before, but what if every owner could have the ability to buy their team from one year to the next. MLB would suffer greatly. Personally I want to see our Texas Rangers win one with our home grown boys with a smattering of free agents.

As for as johnny daniels goes, what can he do until the new ownership is in place?

• 2 weeks later...
Yep -- "washed up" at 23 ... get rid of him :rolleyes:

...and no one ever said that 2009 would “be the year”

Never said "washed up" did I? I just said that he wasn't good down the stretch WHEN THEY NEEDED HIM TO BE.

Next year is always the Rangers' year!!!! Towards the end of this coming season it will be 'next year is supposed to be our year'.

You might want to check their pitching stats from this past season. Pitching and Def got them a pretty good record.

And many many pitchers have Hollands type stats for their first year, up and down. But if he was so bad why did everyone want him in trades?

Also check Texas hitting stats lastyear. You are going off historical Texas teams, not what they did lastyear.

What a better way to prove to you that Starting pitching is where its at? The Rangers had the better lineup than the Astros. The Astros had better starting rotations and the bullpens were about even. The Astros made the playoffs.

I am just saying play for the season in front of you. The Rangers always aquire bats that are proven, but yet won't spend the money on a player of impact in MLB....a starting pitcher. They are a true #1 pitcher from being in the postseason the last couple of years.

The arguement has been made on here that the offense has declined late in the season in the latest few seasons and that is the problem... Well that is where the pitching needs to carry them down the stretch and hasn't. Pitching carried the Atlanta Braves for 15 consecutive division titles.

I just said that he wasn't good down the stretch WHEN THEY NEEDED HIM TO BE

This coming a year removed from A Ball ... give him a break.

...and anyway, the Rangers BATS let them down during the stretch -- remember? :D

This coming a year removed from A Ball ... give him a break.

...and anyway, the Rangers BATS let them down during the stretch ... remember? :D

He should've remained in the bullpen IMO and allowed to start this season. His inexperience cost us down the stretch. If your offense slumps to only 4 runs a game and your Pitching is getting knocked around for 5,....well you get the picture.

Cheap, where is Leo Mazzone these days?

Nice avatar....who is she?

Cheap, where is Leo Mazzone these days?

Working for the FOX network as a commentator

Nice avatar....who is she?

Lisa P. from Adventureland (the second-best movie of 2009)

In case someone is reading this in the future (after numerous avatar changes) :

Margarita.jpg