Happy CB Day!

cheaptrick77

Today, October 4th (10-4, get it?) is National CB Day.

Does anyone even use a CB radio anymore?

Ah, memories of growing up in the 1970s!

There is ne'er a country bone in my body, but so-called "trucker songs" have always been a guilty pleasure of mine. Some of my faves:

CLEDUS MAGGARD -- White Knight

C. W. McCALL -- Convoy

RED SOVINE -- Teddy Bear

got rid of my last one a few years ago. my father always had one in the house and in all our vehicals.

had a "stack 6" set of beams in our back yard on a 50 ft. tower when i was growing up. the neighbors couldnt stand them lol

I think Internet chat rooms have taken the place of the CB.

Foxy Lady talked myself and some friends into meeting her at the bowling alley, she was to say the least a very well traveled older gal.

The worst thing about making a mistake is not learning from it....:D

:cat:

When I was in H.S. five years ago, a lot of my friends actually had CB's....a lot cheaper than a monthly cell phone bill...but a CB antenna on the back of your grandmother's old Buick is just a little too ridiculous haha.

Sheriff Branford: The fact that you are a sheriff is not germane to the situation.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice: The "gosh darn" Germans got nothin to do with it!

• 2 years later...

Get a good scanner and you can pick up baby monitors and other such devices, at one time you could easedrop on your neighbors if their cordless phone was operating at less than 900MHz.

Run the extension cord out onto the deck of your mobile home, plug in the scanner, turn on the bug light and and pop a cold one.

My kind of entertainment....:w00t:

:cat:

• 11 months later...

You have to love the vintage forms of communication. I never used a CB, but I wanted one growing up as a kid in the 70's and 80's.

They were mobile walkie-talkies. Now, that I'm 38 years older, I'd rather have a CB than a cell phone. I probably wouldn't use it now, like I never used it then, but it's great nostalgia.

• 11 months later...

i'll take your word for it but.... in my defense, i'll say that my father was a truckdriver and an avid cb'er. i got all my cb lingo from him and he wouldn't have been caught dead saying "catch you on the flip-flop".

one thing the cb did was give truck drivers something to keep themselves awake and entertained during long drives which was much better than taking drugs.

• 1 year later...
i'll take your word for it but.... in my defense, i'll say that my father was a truckdriver and an avid cb'er. i got all my cb lingo from him and he wouldn't have been caught dead saying "catch you on the flip-flop".

one thing the cb did was give truck drivers something to keep themselves awake and entertained during long drives which was much better than taking drugs.

LOL! Awww, those were the days. While hubby was a truck driver, he didn't talk a lot, but listened. Course to get ahold of each other, in the day, we used the CB. If our brother-in-law, an avid trucker, was on the CB, be prepared to be laughing your entire trip - he definitely kept us ALL AWAKE!

Not to mention, if you were a woman, had a CB antenna on the back of your truck and was on the interstate.... good grief!!!!!!!!

Breaker, Breaker for The Bandit...You got your ears on? If you haven't watched this movie, you've missed out on some great CB radio lingo. Rocking Chair, Choke and Puke, Kojack with a kodak, Texas Bubble Gum Machine,...It has them all. Not to mention Sherrif Buford T. Justice OF TEXAS!!!

• 11 months later...

CB Radios: the 1970s version of the Internet!

<center><object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh66kDox4R0?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh66kDox4R0?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh66kDox4R0?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object></center>

• 11 months later...