17-3A hoops

CEO

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has happened to Spring Hill boys? Seriously not trying to pot stir but I thought they were picked to be up around the top? Have they had injury issues, kids not coming out?? Just wondering?

I can only speak for the one game that I watched, but I thought SH gave a good effort and played really hard. This district is full of great athlete's. I know that Brandon Robbins played good against us and he will only get better and that Coach Taylor has the boys playing hard. Good luck

Bullard won boys and girls over GW last night by about 17 or 18 points.

If the girls play like they did last night it will be a short playoff season for the lady panthers. No passion or intensity, just going through the motions. On a few plays last night we have two of our biggest girls standing at midcourt while the guards are trying to rebound. Quit worrying about your stats and play basketball. It's also embarrassing when the coach let's some of the girls talk back to him and the refs during the game. Play hard and play with class!

If the girls play like they did last night it will be a short playoff season for the lady panthers. No passion or intensity, just going through the motions. On a few plays last night we have two of our biggest girls standing at midcourt while the guards are trying to rebound. Quit worrying about your stats and play basketball. It's also embarrassing when the coach let's some of the girls talk back to him and the refs during the game. Play hard and play with class!

Gonna have to agree with you on that we played like #### not just the post it was everyone including yours! Gonna have to disagree with you on the stats comment though, the only people worrying about that is you "get the ball to her", thats all you scream...WRONG. This is a Team sport. without the other four on the court we are NOBODY. While were on the subject of class lets start with, it's quite embarrassing when we have a players dad who constantly nags on the girls and brings them down.. why do you think they are having disbutes? and if im not mistaken if those two post were only worried about stats dont you think they would be down there rebounding? You should probably take into consideration that these are highschool girls and things will go wrong let them fix it. Its sad when you have a "sideline" coach screaming at the girls when clearly it is not working. As far as talking back to the coach.. i havent seen it and im pretty sure coach Gay can handle it.. he has gotten the team this far he can finish it. We are a TEAM and this comment was VERY unessecary. If you had any kind of class you would keep these comments to yourself.

Gonna have to agree with you on that we played like #### not just the post it was everyone including yours! Gonna have to disagree with you on the stats comment though, the only people worrying about that is you "get the ball to her", thats all you scream...WRONG. This is a Team sport. without the other four on the court we are NOBODY. While were on the subject of class lets start with, it's quite embarrassing when we have a players dad who constantly nags on the girls and brings them down.. why do you think they are having disbutes? and if im not mistaken if those two post were only worried about stats dont you think they would be down there rebounding? You should probably take into consideration that these are highschool girls and things will go wrong let them fix it. Its sad when you have a "sideline" coach screaming at the girls when clearly it is not working. As far as talking back to the coach.. i havent seen it and im pretty sure coach Gay can handle it.. he has gotten the team this far he can finish it. We are a TEAM and this comment was VERY unessecary. If you had any kind of class you would keep these comments to yourself.

and if you had any class you would approach DL23 in person and not hide behind your silly post.i dont know who you are nor do i really care but this "get her the ball "is a bunch of bulloney.i beleive HER has a name and yes i myself think she could be high scorer every game but she's not,could be because she is not selfish.as far as coach gay sure he can handle them,but man with that kind of talent who could'nt :thumbsup: :nowhearthis: :hmm:

#11 played hard all game..

Im not sure on records but heres some standings..

On the boys side

1st Tatum and Bullard- 2 games ahead of,

3rd Gilmer and CH

SH has one win... "Think" GW does too..

That one win for GW was against Gilmer in OT. That makes their visit to Gilmer Friday night interesting. :hmm:

and if you had any class you would approach DL23 in person and not hide behind your silly post.i dont know who you are nor do i really care but this "get her the ball "is a bunch of bulloney.i beleive HER has a name and yes i myself think she could be high scorer every game but she's not,could be because she is not selfish.as far as coach gay sure he can handle them,but man with that kind of talent who could'nt :thumbsup: :nowhearthis: :hmm:

Right on! And let me point out another factor. She is the most unselfish player I have seen. If the others had made half the shots she created for them with great passes, they would be a much better team. Isn't that " team play"? Passing the ball? She was the only one doing it. She is also the only player I see that is constantly working on her game, even at times when she could be doing so many other things. Don't bash her for her work ethic, and the fact that she has the drive to be the best. And don't bash others that support her. I wish we had parents that helped their kids to succeed as she does.

Oh, and by the way, I have no vested interest in this argument, except I love great basketball, and she is the kind of player that I would travel far and wide to see play. I have thoroughly enjoyed every chance I get to watch her. Unfortunately, next year we won't probably see Bullard, but if I can get to a game, I will, but it's only to see her play. Wish she played for us! I'd take players like her any day.

And just another little tidbit for you. High rebounder for Bullard Tuesday night was a guard. And top assist leader and steal leader for Bullard was Minta. She had more assist than any other player, and I counted 11 more she could have had if other players had made easy baskets. I do believe that's called "being unselfish".

I have not seen the girls as much as the boys this year but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which player makes the team go. Maybe the dad doesn't need to yell "get her the ball" but the coach sure does. The boys coach makes see to it that his best shooters "shoot the ball" and when they started running their mouth on the court he put a stop to it with some team rules. On the girls side you have one girl not playing defense by constantly snowbirding...another girl arguing with the refs and talking back to her coach with no consequences...and posts taking 3 point shots on inbound plays designed for the best shooter. Some of those girls are busting their tail trying to play team ball, none more so than Minta. It could be a great team if all players were held accountable but it starts at the top. lebron, you have lost your sanity if you can't see a girl sacrificing stats for "team". I'm not a smart man but I would tell her to take 25 shots a game and stop being "too unselfish". Everyone here knows she will make the passes to open girls she just needs to shoot it more.

Uhhhh....did I miss something? Didn't Bullard win? Is this posting really about players? I think maybe, just maybe there is something a little more going on here. Kids seem fine, parents not so much. Here's an idea, how 'bout let the coaches do what yall pay them for. Coach Gay is a fine person and is doing the best he can (and according the yalls record) he seems pretty successful. I would not envy his position at all and that has absolutely nothing to do with the players. These kinds of arguments are exactly what keeps good teams from being great teams. At PT, we've had our share of "situations" that the involved here know about. Does trouble seek us or is it the opposite? Just a thought. Oh, by the way, as far as screen names go, aren't all of us hiding behind a screen to an extent? If being an adult means going to someone then why not change your screen name to your real name and handle it here? Let the accused stand up for themselves or are you just a cronies w/o a dawg in the fight? That comment begs for something way more than whats best for yalls team. What you meant to say is, "who is this and why don't you straighten up and act like me?" If you knew who it was, would you be an adult and confront them? Really? I doubt it. For a school with such a bright future like yours, why would yall sabatoge it with your own personal agendas. PT has had many opportunities over the years to prosper and many time that prosperity was drowned by, you guessed it, PARENTS. They keep stats as much or more than the kids. AND you parents know who you are. If your kid is good enough then colleges will find them. They always do. Parents hush, Coaches coach, Kids play and have fun, try that for something different. I sure hope the girls involved dont ever read this mess. One last note, sounds like DL23 has learned some things about this forum, just leave it alone, he is not on here protecting his house!?! He doesn't have to. Tweekies.....remember this about advice, you can take it or leave it. That being said, here's my advice to you. Let DL23 speak for himself, while at PT it wasn't a problem for him and I'm relatively certain he doesn't need you doing it for him. No need to take offense but he is a big boy and can fend for himself. Before attacking Lebron put yourself in that person's shoes. They obviously have a child on that team and probably feel attacked when DL gets on here and cranks down on every kid but his. I would. There again, I don't want to be guilty of what you have by speaking on behalf of Lebron so I'll stop there. Guys, come on, this is an age old problem that mamas and daddy's have had forever yall's situation is not any different than others before you so be the bigger person and learn from others. I hope Bullard goes all the way but if parents don't quit with this mess then I predict a VERY short run in playoffs.....And that's just a shame Please CC this to golffingnut as well thanks.

so..............

Tatums @ SH

Bullards @ CH

GW vs Gilmer

Any thoughts?

I think our boys will pull out the win.. Tough place to play though..

Still not sure on girls.. SH plays us good.. Maybe Glezen will get a streak of 3s going..

so..............

Tatums @ SH

Bullards @ CH

GW vs Gilmer

Any thoughts?

I think our boys will pull out the win.. Tough place to play though..

Still not sure on girls.. SH plays us good.. Maybe Glezen will get a streak of 3s going..

Not that it is likely to happen, but I'd sure like to see CH beat Bullard.

Once again a barn burner between CH and Bullard. Once again terrible officiating and situational coaching by CH! You stall the ball, you win the game! The kids have to know it, but the coach has to stress not to shoot anything less than an open layup!

Uhhhh....did I miss something? Didn't Bullard win? Is this posting really about players? I think maybe, just maybe there is something a little more going on here. Kids seem fine, parents not so much. Here's an idea, how 'bout let the coaches do what yall pay them for. Coach Gay is a fine person and is doing the best he can (and according the yalls record) he seems pretty successful. I would not envy his position at all and that has absolutely nothing to do with the players. These kinds of arguments are exactly what keeps good teams from being great teams. At PT, we've had our share of "situations" that the involved here know about. Does trouble seek us or is it the opposite? Just a thought. Oh, by the way, as far as screen names go, aren't all of us hiding behind a screen to an extent? If being an adult means going to someone then why not change your screen name to your real name and handle it here? Let the accused stand up for themselves or are you just a cronies w/o a dawg in the fight? That comment begs for something way more than whats best for yalls team. What you meant to say is, "who is this and why don't you straighten up and act like me?" If you knew who it was, would you be an adult and confront them? Really? I doubt it. For a school with such a bright future like yours, why would yall sabatoge it with your own personal agendas. PT has had many opportunities over the years to prosper and many time that prosperity was drowned by, you guessed it, PARENTS. They keep stats as much or more than the kids. AND you parents know who you are. If your kid is good enough then colleges will find them. They always do. Parents hush, Coaches coach, Kids play and have fun, try that for something different. I sure hope the girls involved dont ever read this mess. One last note, sounds like DL23 has learned some things about this forum, just leave it alone, he is not on here protecting his house!?! He doesn't have to. Tweekies.....remember this about advice, you can take it or leave it. That being said, here's my advice to you. Let DL23 speak for himself, while at PT it wasn't a problem for him and I'm relatively certain he doesn't need you doing it for him. No need to take offense but he is a big boy and can fend for himself. Before attacking Lebron put yourself in that person's shoes. They obviously have a child on that team and probably feel attacked when DL gets on here and cranks down on every kid but his. I would. There again, I don't want to be guilty of what you have by speaking on behalf of Lebron so I'll stop there. Guys, come on, this is an age old problem that mamas and daddy's have had forever yall's situation is not any different than others before you so be the bigger person and learn from others. I hope Bullard goes all the way but if parents don't quit with this mess then I predict a VERY short run in playoffs.....And that's just a shame Please CC this to golffingnut as well thanks.

No need to CC me...I learned how to read a long time ago. My post was in support of a player that I have enjoyed watching the last two years. I like her work ethic, and her passion. Like I said, I wish we had players like that. I wish we had parents that supported their kids by teaching them how to work hard. I also quoted stats. Those speak for themselves. Like I said I have no dog in this hunt, and I didn't bash anyone...just quoted stats. Twekies was right, though, if someone has a problem with someone else, they need to go to that person, and not put it out on a public forum, especially if that problem can hurt the girls. That goes for anyone. Yes, most all of the screen names on here are fake, but I have never had a problem with telling anyone who I am.

I wish Bullard all the best. I am rooting for them to go all the way.