17-3A hoops

CEO

don't have the scores from last nite Gilmer vs. Dfield........ 9th grade Gilmer lost, JV Gilmer won, Varsity Gilmer came from a 10-13 pt deficit and won by 3-6 points at the final buzzer........

what's in the water over there in Dfield? i think that the shortest kid on the squad was at least 6' and the tallest was 6'7"...... there was a kid from Dfield that was in the stands that had to duck to get in the doorway to the gym........

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lady Eagles beat Gladewater last night 52 - 45

Some stats for that game, from one of our booster club members:

"Led by Junior Jessica Shans' 17 points, the Tatum Lady Eagles 13-9, (1-0), came out on top over the Gladewater Lady Bears 52-45 Fruday night in the opening game of district play at the Coliseaum in Tatum. Shans had ten in the third quarter when Tatum outscored Gladewater 20-11 to overcome a 21-17 halftime deficite. The Lady Eagles then outscored the Lady Bears for the final margin of victory."

Lady Eagles J.V. also won with a score of 57 - 15

The boys lost to Pleasant Grove 79 - 63. One observation from my source was that "their shooting was as cold as the weather outside."

Our head boy's football coach, Coach Carr, is recovering from heart surgery and hopes to be back soon. Just like any dedicated coach would be, he is ready to get back to the court even if the doctors don't want him to go back yet. We hope to see him back next week, but all of us want to see him take care of his health first. Keep him and his family in your prayers, please.

SH Girls beat Chapel Hill last night 58 - 28. I think our record is 9-12 or something close to that. Obviously 1-0 in district. SH girls are real beat up. Starting post is out with ankle injury did not play last night. Another post is out with mono. Just like last year our starting point guard is out for the season with torn ACL. Had surgery in November. Second year in a row for her. And Kayla Self hurt her back last night and did not play second half. I'm glad i am not the medical insurance company for SH girls basketball team. SH goes to Gladewater Tuesday and Gilmer comes to SH Friday.

The Lady Eagles beat Gladewater last night 52 - 45

Some stats for that game, from one of our booster club members:

"Led by Junior Jessica Shans' 17 points, the Tatum Lady Eagles 13-9, (1-0), came out on top over the Gladewater Lady Bears 52-45 Fruday night in the opening game of district play at the Coliseaum in Tatum. Shans had ten in the third quarter when Tatum outscored Gladewater 20-11 to overcome a 21-17 halftime deficite. The Lady Eagles then outscored the Lady Bears for the final margin of victory."

Lady Eagles J.V. also won with a score of 57 - 15

The boys lost to Pleasant Grove 79 - 63. One observation from my source was that "their shooting was as cold as the weather outside."

Our head boy's football coach, Coach Carr, is recovering from heart surgery and hopes to be back soon. Just like any dedicated coach would be, he is ready to get back to the court even if the doctors don't want him to go back yet. We hope to see him back next week, but all of us want to see him take care of his health first. Keep him and his family in your prayers, please.

Lovin, I will keep Coach Carr and his family in my prayers.

Best to the Eagles and Lady Eagles in District 17-3A action.

SH Girls beat Chapel Hill last night 58 - 28. I think our record is 9-12 or something close to that. Obviously 1-0 in district. SH girls are real beat up. Starting post is out with ankle injury did not play last night. Another post is out with mono. Just like last year our starting point guard is out for the season with torn ACL. Had surgery in November. Second year in a row for her. And Kayla Self hurt her back last night and did not play second half. I'm glad i am not the medical insurance company for SH girls basketball team. SH goes to Gladewater Tuesday and Gilmer comes to SH Friday.

We are in that same boat.. Coach had to move 3( i believe ) girls up this week because another one went down with a season ending knee injury.. Makes 4 out for the year. Congrats on yalls win. Hope everyone gets healthy soon.

Thanks.. Can you post scores for this game after it happens.. Im gonna try my best to keep up with all of the standings.. Maybe even some stats.

News paper said Bullard boys record is 15-8 after the Henderson game. They play Canton at home Tuesday. District starts Friday with Bullard hosting Gladewater.

We are in that same boat.. Coach had to move 3( i believe ) girls up this week because another one went down with a season ending knee injury.. Makes 4 out for the year. Congrats on yalls win. Hope everyone gets healthy soon.

Hate to hear Tatum's injury woes. Sounds like yall are in the same boat as S.H. at the moment. Looks as if Bullard is the team to beat, from their tough competition this year and the score of their game with Gilmer they look like they will be tough to beat. Good luck to Your Tatum Eagles the rest of the year.

Thanks milnyk.. Even though we might get beat by them Im ready to see Bullard. Just to see how we stack up against GREAT comp..

We played "ok" against GW.. I dont have the totals but they had to have out rebounded us 4 to 1 maybe even 5 to 1.. Only part of the game that makes me worried, I guess you could say, about this years team..

DanielLions23 you all have a safe trip tommrow..

Thanks Eagleborn, I am going to look you up tomorrow night. Are you doing the game on radio? You also need to meet Milnyk, he and I have coached a few games against each other back in the day, then I stole his daughter Kayla to play with me. lol

Yea we are doing to game on the internet.. Prolly wont do any on the radio until district starts for both boys and girls..

Did he start coaching WITH YOU after you stole his daughter?

Yea we are doing to game on the internet.. Prolly wont do any on the radio until district starts for both boys and girls..

Did he start coaching WITH YOU after you stole his daughter?

No, I got to retire, only thing about that is sometimes it's hard sitting in the stands, wasn't as hard then as it is now.

Guest basketballjunky

Bullard Ladies travels to tatum tonight,, should be interesting.

Bullard guys were up big on Canton last night,, left at the half,,,,anyone have the final score?

Lady Panthers from Bullard, TX had their way with Tatum tonight.. Winning by +20.. They are a solid team.. Gonna be good for years to come.. #23 can handle the ball thats for sure.. I was more impressed with her D more than anything.... Good Luck until yall play us again..

Hey Eagleborn, Tatum came out the second half and got after us a little. Both teams in my opinion only have one true ball handler and that makes it tough. Minta learned how to play defense in the summer from her AAU coach, she is intense and having to guard girls who are going to play big time college ball. Tatum will definitely make the playoffs, good luck to yall. Tatum also has some good young players on the way, should be tough for the next few years.

Guest basketballjunky

District starts tomorrow night for the boys,, should be fun. On the girls side looks like it will be between Bullard and Spring Hill again,, don't know who will be the front runner with the boys,, Bullard looks strong.

District starts tomorrow night for the boys,, should be fun. On the girls side looks like it will be between Bullard and Spring Hill again,, don't know who will be the front runner with the boys,, Bullard looks strong.

I think Bullard girls are above everyone else at this point... Will get my first look at the other lady Panthers next Tuesday..

Boys race I believe will be wide open.. Gilmer is playing better than most expect..SH will be in the mix.. CH can put up points.. Bullard is good.. Hope Tatums tough preseason games have set them up for a run at district.. So before any district games have been played here is my top 3 from the boys side..

Bullard

Gilmer

Tatum

In that order..

Guest basketballjunky
I think Bullard girls are above everyone else at this point... Will get my first look at the other lady Panthers next Tuesday..

Boys race I believe will be wide open.. Gilmer is playing better than most expect..SH will be in the mix.. CH can put up points.. Bullard is good.. Hope Tatums tough preseason games have set them up for a run at district.. So before any district games have been played here is my top 3 from the boys side..

Bullard

Gilmer

Tatum

In that order..

I agree,,

District starts tonight for the boys,, everyone sure is quiet????

Bullard Vs. Gladewater tonight @ Bullard.

Bullard is still fighting the injury bug with R. Wood and B. Beavers out with Ankle injuries. Wood should be back in the next week or two and Beavers should be back in 3-4 weeks.

Even though we have two starters out, alot of kids have steped up and bullard has been shooting the ball very very well the past few games.

I am going with Bullard by 15+ tonight against gladewater.