The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CEO

17-3A hoops

Uhhhh....did I miss something? Didn't Bullard win? Is this posting really about players? I think maybe, just maybe there is something a little more going on here. Kids seem fine, parents not so much. Here's an idea, how 'bout let the coaches do what yall pay them for. Coach Gay is a fine person and is doing the best he can (and according the yalls record) he seems pretty successful. I would not envy his position at all and that has absolutely nothing to do with the players. These kinds of arguments are exactly what keeps good teams from being great teams. At PT, we've had our share of "situations" that the involved here know about. Does trouble seek us or is it the opposite? Just a thought. Oh, by the way, as far as screen names go, aren't all of us hiding behind a screen to an extent? If being an adult means going to someone then why not change your screen name to your real name and handle it here? Let the accused stand up for themselves or are you just a cronies w/o a dawg in the fight? That comment begs for something way more than whats best for yalls team. What you meant to say is, "who is this and why don't you straighten up and act like me?" If you knew who it was, would you be an adult and confront them? Really? I doubt it. For a school with such a bright future like yours, why would yall sabatoge it with your own personal agendas. PT has had many opportunities over the years to prosper and many time that prosperity was drowned by, you guessed it, PARENTS. They keep stats as much or more than the kids. AND you parents know who you are. If your kid is good enough then colleges will find them. They always do. Parents hush, Coaches coach, Kids play and have fun, try that for something different. I sure hope the girls involved dont ever read this mess. One last note, sounds like DL23 has learned some things about this forum, just leave it alone, he is not on here protecting his house!?! He doesn't have to. Tweekies.....remember this about advice, you can take it or leave it. That being said, here's my advice to you. Let DL23 speak for himself, while at PT it wasn't a problem for him and I'm relatively certain he doesn't need you doing it for him. No need to take offense but he is a big boy and can fend for himself. Before attacking Lebron put yourself in that person's shoes. They obviously have a child on that team and probably feel attacked when DL gets on here and cranks down on every kid but his. I would. There again, I don't want to be guilty of what you have by speaking on behalf of Lebron so I'll stop there. Guys, come on, this is an age old problem that mamas and daddy's have had forever yall's situation is not any different than others before you so be the bigger person and learn from others. I hope Bullard goes all the way but if parents don't quit with this mess then I predict a VERY short run in playoffs.....And that's just a shame Please CC this to golffingnut as well thanks.

No need to CC me...I learned how to read a long time ago. My post was in support of a player that I have enjoyed watching the last two years. I like her work ethic, and her passion. Like I said, I wish we had players like that. I wish we had parents that supported their kids by teaching them how to work hard. I also quoted stats. Those speak for themselves. Like I said I have no dog in this hunt, and I didn't bash anyone...just quoted stats. Twekies was right, though, if someone has a problem with someone else, they need to go to that person, and not put it out on a public forum, especially if that problem can hurt the girls. That goes for anyone. Yes, most all of the screen names on here are fake, but I have never had a problem with telling anyone who I am.

I wish Bullard all the best. I am rooting for them to go all the way.

Guest basketballjunky
good win bullard, way to go koby :notworthy:

Great clutch shot,, how many 3's did Lance have?? He was on fire. Lady Panther's look to be back on path,, it is all up hill from here.

Great clutch shot,, how many 3's did Lance have?? He was on fire. Lady Panther's look to be back on path,, it is all up hill from here.

Lance had nine 3 pointers.

Brody is now known as Koby's big brother.

What are the match ups for Tuesday?

SH is @ Bullard - but that is all I know for Tuesday.

Eagleborn does such a great job!!! :notworthy: I appreciate all your work!!

So help me with my guessing here please?

Bullard 6-1

Tatum 6-1

CH 4-3 or 5-2??

Gilmer 4-3 or 5-2??

GW 1-6??

SH 1-6??

BOYS

Bullard (6-1)

Tatum (6-1)

Gilmer (4-3)

CH (3-4)

x-GW (1-6)

x-SH (1-6)

GIRLS

*-Bullard (9-0)

*-Spring Hill (8-1)

*-Tatum (5-4)

x-Gladewater (2-7)

x-Chapel Hill (2-7)

x-Gilmer (1-8)

*- clinched playoff spot

x- better luck next year

On the boys side this week Gilmer @ Tatum is a big one.. They gave us more than we wanted when we went there.. With Stump back they should be a lil better.. IMO stop them from driving the lane and force them to shoot jump shots and it wont even be close..

On the Girls side SH @ Bullard is a big one.. If SH wins then it could force a playoff game.. Coach Duncan is a good coach but I think the players Bullard puts on the court are gonna be to much.

Boys remaining games:

Tatum has Gilmer (home), GW (home) and Bullard (home)

First round was ( W, W, L)

Bullard has Spring Hill (home), Gilmer (home) and Tatum (away)

First round was ( W, L, W)

Gilmer has Tatum (away), Bullard (away) and CH

First round was ( L, W, L)

CH has GW, SH and Gilmer

First round was (W, W, W)

Not sure about Gilmers last game and Chs remaining games….Location wise…

Girls Playoff.. or the way things are shaping up..

With one game remaining it could be...

Bullard- bye

SH will get Diboll

Tatum will get either Central or Hudson. Both are 11-2 heading to the final game.

Central lost to- Hudson and Diboll

Hudson lost to -Carthage and Central

Final game has Hudson @ Center(4-8) and Jasper(5-8) @ Central.. Could be a one game playoff to decide the 1st and 2nd seeds..

Lance had nine 3 pointers.

Brody is now known as Koby's big brother.

:nowhearthis: Brody singing the praises of his brother Koby all over College Station. He's one proud former Panther!!! :notworthy:

Gilmer and Chapel Hill play at Gilmer for their last game, Eagleborn. Should be interesting. Stump was at New Mexico on his second visit when the teams played the first time. The Buckeyes will finially have 20 games under their belt when these two play for what may well be the deciding game for the #3 slot.

Eagles 59 Buckeyes 54

Lady Eagles win too

Tatum 7th and 8th grade girls teams district Champs

Tatum(girls) vs Hudson/Central next Tuesday in Tenaha...

Great game by the boys tonight... Desmond Fite showed again why he should be, IMHO, district MVP... 29 points and lots of boards..

Also GW won and Bullard won...

Both Bullard Boys & Girls win over SH

Thought Bullard's girls played a great game tonight. They deserved to win. With the game 17 to 17 with 2:30 minutes left in 2nd Quarter, Bullard goes on a 12-0 run to finish the half 29-17. I know Bullard won by 20, but that stretch was the difference in the game. I thought it was a fairly even game but for that stretch. SH never adjusted to strong man to man defense Bullard played. Congrats to the Bullard Panthers on another District Title, and good luck in playoffs. I hope we at SH run into you in the playoffs.

Believe this is correct..

GIRLS

1st Bullard (10-0)- gets bye, first playoff game will be winner of Lorena and Fairfield/Bboro(both teams tied in district, tie breaker to come)

2nd Spring Hill (8-2) will get Diboll

3rd Tatum (6-4) will get either Hudson or Central(both teams are tied, tie breaker to come)

BOYS

Bullard (7-1)

Tatum (7-1)

Gilmer (4-4)

CH (3-5)

GW (2-6)

SH (1-7)

Boys remaining games:

Tatum has GW (home) and Bullard (home)

First round was ( W, L)

Bullard has Gilmer (home) and Tatum (away)

First round was ( L, W)

Gilmer has Bullard (away) and CH

First round was ( W, L)

CH has SH and Gilmer

First round was (W, W)

So the girls are set and playoffs to come.. The boys are still far from over.. Tatum and Bullard are in the playoffs.. Fighting it out for district championship while the 3rd seed is undecided.. A CH win and a Gilmer loss makes for a interesting last game between the two.. A win this Friday by Tatum and Bullard also makes for a interesting one next Tuesday.. If your not a fan of bball watch some 17-3A.. Bet you will after..

Hey EB heard that the EF Lady Jackets BBall coach was trying to get a warm up game with the Lady Eagles before next week...U heard anything about that.....

Hey EB heard that the EF Lady Jackets BBall coach was trying to get a warm up game with the Lady Eagles before next week...U heard anything about that.....

I havent heard anything.. I was told that we wanted a warmup game with whoever on Friday night.. But the coaches are going to scout the Central/Hudson game now.. So I really dont have no idea...

Tatum beat Gladewater this afternoon 81-45... Desmond Fite again had 29 points..

Sets up a show down with Bullard in Tatum Tuesday night.. Gonna be a good one thats for sure..

Gilmer and CH battle each other for 3rd playoff spot..

Next Tuesday night is a good time to be a part of 17-3A...

Why would Tatum wonna play a 2a school this year. they will rule 2a next year.

As far as EF goes in girls basketball they are pretty good..

Girls playoff games on Tuesday ..

SH vs Diboll 6 pm

Tatum vs Hudson 730pm

Both games at Tenaha..

Also.. Bullard comes to Tatum Tuesday.. Winner takes district..

Goodluck to CH and Gilmer in the game for 3rd..