17-3A hoops

CEO

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gladewater is sure having a rough year. I hope next year is better for them. Oh, wait. Oooh.. sorry bears...

Well Gladewater did have a rough year 2 wins is not their caliber of ball. But LDLC you might Congratulate Shill on having a good year they also had 2 wins. Which was much better than their 0 fer and 1 fer. They are on the up swing. Just wait till next year in their new district.

2 wins which was, just wondering what old Elmer fudd or Yo Semenidy Sam, from New London would have done with those 3 Ws in a row. Wait up, its the R those two have trouble with. How did those West Wusk Waiders do?

Guest basketballjunky
Tatum finished 9-1, Bullard finished 8-2;

Guess I need another cup of coffee?? thanks for straightning me out

Wow, my prediction came out right. Last night's game was the District Championship game. I also said that Bullard didn't need to go into this game relaxed and well. Unfortunately they did and Tatum did what Tatum does best. The Eagles took complete advantage of Bullard's relaxation. They came out on fire, running the floor, playing defense beating Bullard in every aspect of the game. It seemed like Tatum's crowd was getting into Bullard's head just a little bit too much. I got to give it to Tatum's fans. They rattled Bullard like crazy. Im not at all saying this is what made Bullard not play well but you could definately tell the Panthers were getting frustrated with all of the yelling and cheering. Bullard needs to knock out all of the noises, grow up and play the basketball that they are capable of playing if they want to get through the first round of playoffs. I have known the whole Bullard team for a very long time and I would hate to see this talented bunch end their basketball season looking the way they did last night. Congrats to Tatum on the District Championship and good luck in the playoffs all the way through. Just like I said a few weeks ago, Tatum has got to be one of the toughest teams to play on their own court and should never be underestimated. Good luck to both Bullard and Tatum entering the playoffs.

what are the predictions of who Bullard will play first round and Tatum in the area round since they get the bye during bi-district?

The Tatum fans did the same thing that was done to them when they played in Bullard, they cheered and jeered. It did rattle the Panthers as they weren't used to it. Even the Panthers student section was quieted (if you've ever played Bullard you know this isn't easy to do). Plus, another factor that played into effect was having refs that weren't out of the Tyler chapter. When you play in Bullard you have those refs, but in the eastern part of this district you have decent refs that call down the middle. When Gilmer beat Bullard this year it was in Gilmer with decent refs. When they got beat by Bullard it was in Bullard with Tyler refs....So, you do the math! I will say this about the Panthers...Look for great things out of Brandon Beavers in the playoffs. He is one of the classiest and best players from Bullard. I like this kid and his family. He knows what sportsmanship is about and his family does, too. I just hope it rubs off on other Bullard fans and players.

As for my Eagles, we'll be there broadcasting your games in the playoffs. I'm proud of you guys. See you next week on the road boys!