4A-1A Realignment Projections

WP4L

I have a hard time believing Marshall would be grouped with Texas High, MP, Sulphur Springs, Greenville, and Terrell. They are all basically located on I-30. Texarkana would be the nearest game at 80 miles.

It makes much more sense to join those schools with Rose City, or the 2 Rockwall schools, even the Mckinney schools would make more sense than Marshall.

Not with Hallsville and PT within 20 miles or Marshall.... Tyler is just a tad over 60 miles. Nac is the longest drive at 75 miles.

UIL could take away one of those 8 team districts and mix them into the I-30 line up and leave those on the I-20 corridor grouped together.

I realize geography is only a small part of the equation....but I can't wrap my brain around that one. Overall.... it would be easier to put JT in that district than Marshall. JT is closer to more of the I-30 schools than Marshall is other than Texas High.

JMHO

IM glad LoveJoy is going up to 4A....I go to Rains and honestly they have no business being in our district,they have way more kids and they have the nicest facilities around,when they play district games on the road they feel like there in the slums compared to what there used to....cant wait to see how they do in 4A....Longview no longer in same district as SS? lucky for SS maybe district championship next year?

IM glad LoveJoy is going up to 4A....I go to Rains and honestly they have no business being in our district,they have way more kids and they have the nicest facilities around,when they play district games on the road they feel like there in the slums compared to what there used to....cant wait to see how they do in 4A....Longview no longer in same district as SS? lucky for SS maybe district championship next year?

I don't see where Lovejoy is going up to 4A. The projections have them staying in 3A. What's interesting is the projected district of 11-3A with Prosper (which the Lovejoy football team beat in the region 2 championship game and the volleyball team beat in the Regional Tournament on their way to a 2nd State Title), Van Alstyne (which went undefeated in the regular season, and the new super-sized 3A school, Frisco Heritage.

I feel for PT.

Id say thats a much easier football district for them than what they have been in. Other than never standing a chance against JT, if Pt happens to have what is considered an up year for them, and the other teams have a down year. Pt could definitely make playoffs

I don't see where Lovejoy is going up to 4A. The projections have them staying in 3A. What's interesting is the projected district of 11-3A with Prosper (which the Lovejoy football team beat in the region 2 championship game and the volleyball team beat in the Regional Tournament on their way to a 2nd State Title), Van Alstyne (which went undefeated in the regular season, and the new super-sized 3A school, Frisco Heritage.

Im sorry,i read it wrong...at least they got moved from the district though! they will have a much harder schedule next year which IMO will only do them good,help prepare them for the playoffs a little better