ARE THE SAINTS AND COLTS DONE?

I'm just wondering how long a team can go without making a Superbowl appearance, and still be considered the flagship franchise of the league.

Good question. I've actually wondered the same thing. The Niners have as many Lombardi's as the Cowboys and the Steelers now have one more. But while both of those teams are very well known and popular, neither of them has the sustained worldwide popularity of the Cowboys. What recipe of attributes gives the Cowboys their distinctive mystique? Many books have been written on the subject and I don't think any of them have ever completely explained it. This would make a good topic for a seperate thread. Those with serious opinions could share their ideas and the haters could take their shots. Might be fun for everyone. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that what you did w/ "Da Boyz"? :smirk: There's quite a drought going on out there i heard!

I agree that its time to quit having this conversation......and since I'm a Saints fan I won't spend the next 20 years talking about this victory like other certain team fans have resorted to.........but just for fun I just asked my class who remembered the last time the Cowboys won a Super Bowl.......their generation doesn't remember it......if they were already born.....they were way to young to know anything about it.

I agree that its time to quit having this conversation......and since I'm a Saints fan I won't spend the next 20 years talking about this victory like other certain team fans have resorted to.........but just for fun I just asked my class who remembered the last time the Cowboys won a Super Bowl.......their generation doesn't remember it......if they were already born.....they were way to young to know anything about it.

I don't see your point! I'm over 50 and I can't remember the last time New Orleans won one. That's two (2) generations. Since a generation is usually considered 25-35 years in humans; your kids must not keep up with real football yet. At least my kids have a team that has a great history of Super Bowls (8 in 50 years). You only have 1 in 43. I like my odds a lot better.

Yeah, seriously. Can you explain his or her point to me?

I'll explain it.....its pretty simple. My point is that I watched the Cowboy's last run in the 90's. It didn't seem that long ago....but really it was. All of the kids that show up wearing Cowboys gear, I just asked them if they can remember the last time the Cowboys won a Super Bowl. They can't because they were only 1 or 2 years old.....or not even born yet. That's how long its been. These kids are about to graduate from high school. That's a long time. I ask a kid wearing a Saints hoodie if he remembered the last time the Saints won a Super Bowl........of course we all know that answer. I hope you get my point now.

I'll explain it.....its pretty simple. My point is that I watched the Cowboy's last run in the 90's. It didn't seem that long ago....but really it was. All of the kids that show up wearing Cowboys gear, I just asked them if they can remember the last time the Cowboys won a Super Bowl. They can't because they were only 1 or 2 years old.....or not even born yet. That's how long its been. These kids are about to graduate from high school. That's a long time. I ask a kid wearing a Saints hoodie if he remembered the last time the Saints won a Super Bowl........of course we all know that answer. I hope you get my point now.

WOW! You wee digging deep for that. Your kids should be able to remember for at least a month! You can't check an historian though to find the one you won before that. It is good that you have some quality kids in your classrooms. Wearing Cowboys gear shows they recognize a winner and class.

Great Point! :thumbdown:

He does have a good point. I can't remember the Cowboys last Super Bowl victory, and I am in college.

He does have a good point. I can't remember the Cowboys last Super Bowl victory, and I am in college.

You young 'uns are really making me feel old. I remember the Ice Bowl, and that was 28 years before the Cowboys last Super Bowl win. By comparison, the win over Pittsburgh in SB XXX seems a relatively short time ago.

I remember every one of these lombardi.gif in great detail - also the 3 we lost by a grand total of 11 points. Where does the time go?

It's been 14 years since the Cowboys last won a Super Bowl. I wasn't even born and they still talk about The Ice Bowl today, heard it on a commercial today. The Cowboys will be back, I don't know when, but Dallas will win another Super Bowl in my lifetime.

New Orleans might wind up like Kansas City or the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets. Those were way before I was born, but I love the NFL. I've seen the highlights several times, and they never get old.