Good Article on what went on in the locker room.

dallasfan

I know, it's easy to say he's a panzy when your on the couch watching. If you don't know the extent of what he can and can't do, don't comment on it. I'm pretty sure you can't be effective as a quarterback if you can't throw the ball 7 yards.

I feel terrible for him...

I had a very similar injury in high school, and know the exact pain that comes from that injury... There is no way he could have throw a football. Like he said, if he was anything else he could have done it. They could have taped a couple knee pads to his shoulder and he would've been able to play through it, but not as a qb.

He gains a step up in my book for wanting to come back out and play.

I wanted Bama to win... but not like that.

I feel terrible for him...

I had a very similar injury in high school, and know the exact pain that comes from that injury... There is no way he could have throw a football. Like he said, if he was anything else he could have done it. They could have taped a couple knee pads to his shoulder and he would've been able to play through it, but not as a qb.

He gains a step up in my book for wanting to come back out and play.

I wanted Bama to win... but not like that.

same here its tough to get injured in any game but the national championship yeah thats hard to stomach.

I've read it was a pinched nerve, and those are painful. I was thought that he broke his clavicle or scapula. Unfortunately the sideline reporters, never made it clear what the diagnosis was. We just saw him back on the sidelines without a sling, and they said that he wanted to come back in. I had a pinched nerve, and it took 5 weeks to heal. I couldn't even turn my head for two weeks.

Hopefully Colt will be back for the Scouting Combine.

I think the article is pretty good, but there is one glaring thing I dont like about it...

They made it out like Gilbert couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with his throws...that is a very untrue statement! His first pass of the game, should've been caught...I believe it was Buckner who dropped a little quick out pass on 3rd and 5 which would have resulted in a 1st down (this was right before the 2nd FG). The other obvious drop that I recall in the 1st half came right before his 1st interception...i'm referring to the pass that hit Williams in the hands in the the end zone, that ball should have been caught for a touchdown and that completely changes the ball game...Also I dont think the play right before the half was Gilbert's fault...yea he may have pitched it too soon, but the RB was the one who tipped the ball, not a defender not an o-linemen, the person who was supposed to catch it!!!

Also I do not think the sack/fumble was Gilbert's fault either...Yes Alabama showed a 6 man blitz, but they only rushed 4...but how in the world in your blitz pick up, do you not account for the stinkin DE on your QB's back side, that is just ignorance...but the worst part of it all, is the LT was looking at him as he slid on the snap of the ball, but instead of picking him up, he just continued his slide...I just don't agree with the way they attempted to pick up the blitz...If you are going to have an unaccounted for defender, let it at least be someone who the QB can see coming, not the DE on his blind side