If you plan to fly

parentofredheads

And we all know if we can read it or see it on TV, then it has to be true.

I don't know about you, but it's pretty hard to find anything false in a report about dead soldiers in Ft. Hood, an attempted attack on Christmas, and 2 jets flying into the World Trade Center......I can go on and on.....I wonder what the common denominator in each of them happens to be???

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you, but it's pretty hard to find anything false in a report about dead soldiers in Ft. Hood, an attempted attack on Christmas, and 2 jets flying into the World Trade Center......I can go on and on.....I wonder what the common denominator in each of them happens to be???

Terroism is done by all races, all religions all everything.

Nobody ever said these acts weren't carried out by radical Islamists. If you want to go so far as to say that all radical Islamists are terrorists, I might could buy that. To say, though, that all (or most) Muslims are terrorists is racial stereotyping. That opinion is no different than the examples FMFDoc provided earlier.

To say, though, that all (or most) Muslims are terrorists is racial stereotyping.

You should go back and read what I said...I said, "Most muslims are not terrorists, but most terrorists are muslims...." Big difference between what I said and what you are implying that I said....and islam isn't a race, it's a religion, so it would be religious stereotyping.....

Nobody ever said these acts weren't carried out by radical Islamists. If you want to go so far as to say that all radical Islamists are terrorists, I might could buy that. To say, though, that all (or most) Muslims are terrorists is racial stereotyping. That opinion is no different than the examples FMFDoc provided earlier.

I can live with that. Would the amount of bombings on American planes go up or down if they did not allow Muslims to fly on them? I'm not concerned with hurting someones feelings or trampling on their civil liberties if it keeps my family safe!

You should go back and read what I said...I said, "Most muslims are not terrorists, but most terrorists are muslims...." Big difference between what I said and what you are implying that I said....and islam isn't a race, it's a religion, so it would be religious stereotyping.....

Its bigotry no matter how you slice it.

I can live with that. Would the amount of bombings on American planes go up or down if they did not allow Muslims to fly on them? I'm not concerned with hurting someones feelings or trampling on their civil liberties if it keeps my family safe!

You can live with what? Bigotry?

I don't know about the number of bombings on American planes. I can only recall two attempts and one of those was by a US Citizen.

You can live with what? Bigotry?

I don't know about the number of bombings on American planes. I can only recall two attempts and one of those was by a US Citizen.

He was Muslim! Yes or no? You also seem to be forgetting about 4 planes that were used as bombs on American soil. Those weren't Jehovah Witnesses in the pilot seat! Can you imagine, pamphlets everywhere!!!!! :w00t:

Eco-terrorists and abortion clinic bombers are the only ones I can think of that don't have a muslim connection.....and you can count those on your fingers......

Abortion-clinic bombers are most often Christian. Should I then be scared of all Christian pastors and their congregation members? If I'm at Six Flags and see a youth group from Colmesneil, should I start shouting "There's the Christians!", "Somebody search them!"

Nothing bigoted about it at all...just a common sense safety measure...bigotry implies hatred and there is no hatred on my part for any one....

There is absolutely no common sense in the attitude you are defending. I believe it's an attitude born in fear.

There is absolutely no common sense in the attitude you are defending. I believe it's an attitude born in fear.

If being a bigot would have saved all the lives lost on 9/11, would it have been worth it?

If being a bigot would have saved all the lives lost on 9/11, would it have been worth it?

Are you actually trying to argue a point or stir the pot? Did you take the time to read the prejudicial comments that started this thread?

There's a big difference in maintaining secure airports/airplanes and blatant stereotyping like RedHead and Colmes favor.

For the record..the Quran does in fact state that muslims Muslims are harsh against the unbelievers, merciful to one another. - Surah 48:25

It also states that infidels should be killed. I dont believe in Allah or some rock therefore I am an infidel. They do want to kill me and my family. That is in the standard Quran. If they are believers then their goal is to get rid of us. Heck yes I'm gonna profile.

For the record..the Quran does in fact state that muslims Muslims are harsh against the unbelievers, merciful to one another. - Surah 48:25

It also states that infidels should be killed. I dont believe in Allah or some rock therefore I am an infidel. They do want to kill me and my family. That is in the standard Quran. If they are believers then their goal is to get rid of us. Heck yes I'm gonna profile.

Good find. :thumbsup:

Anyone who doesn't acknowledge Muhammed as a prophet of Allah is also considered an infidel. It is a jacked up system of beliefs. We are their enemy. They aren't even merciful with each other; the sunni and shi'a don't get along.

Abortion-clinic bombers are most often Christian. Should I then be scared of all Christian pastors and their congregation members? If I'm at Six Flags and see a youth group from Colmesneil, should I start shouting "There's the Christians!", "Somebody search them!"

When did Six Flags become an abortion-clinic? I'm just not making the connection in that analogy. :wacko:

Point is, we can't trust our own government to do the job of protecting us - much less trust another country to screen accordingly.

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/article/59349

“Not all known or reasonably suspected terrorists are prohibited from boarding an aircraft, or are subject to additional security screening prior to boarding an aircraft,” says the passage.

"More than eight years after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, people boarding commercial flights in the United States—and sometimes those boarding international flights bound for the United States—are still not screened against the government’s full Terrorist Screening Database (TSDB).

This is not an oversight. It is a policy."

That ought to make you feel all warm and fuzzy. Problem is, our government isn't securing the safety of its citizens from terrorists. They can't secure even a military installation, on our own soil, from terrorists within their own organization, because SOMEONE dropped the ball and DIDN'T profile and follow-up, and it cost Americans their lives - FOR NO REASON!

Had brave Americans on the Christmas Day flight NOT taken matters into their own hands and PROFILED, then there's a good likelihood, they would be in their graves today. Not to mention our government was told IN ADVANCE of the terrorist.

The whole point of my original post, which was exaggerated to prove a point - DUH, was to BE AWARE, because our government sure isn't doing its job - and if you SUSPECT something, then say or do something - and doing it BEFORE you and your family get on the plane.

Are you actually trying to argue a point or stir the pot? Did you take the time to read the prejudicial comments that started this thread?

There's a big difference in maintaining secure airports/airplanes and blatant stereotyping like RedHead and Colmes favor.

Im telling you I could give a damn about hurting the feelings of Muslims around the world if it makes my family safer when we fly. If that makes me a bigot then so be it. I will wear it proudly!

Last time I checked, Christians haven't attacked a six flags! If I were an abortion doctor I would not want Christians on my property cause I realize they no likey me! Would I be a bigot for thinking that?

Its not profiling when the things they do are worth being cautious about. Your blowing this out of proportion sonoman or whatever. Walking down a dark ally, being alone in your house, and now getting on an airplane are just things people are scared of. Its sad to say that but thats just the way it goes when people are consistently attacking you. With our Pres being a big wuss there really isnt any reason they cant keep doing it.