If you plan to fly

parentofredheads

Last time I checked, Christians haven't attacked a six flags! If I were an abortion doctor I would not want Christians on my property cause I realize they no likey me! Would I be a bigot for thinking that?

...and true disciples of Christ would not even be thinking about bombing the clinic...they would be attempting to show people that abortion is murder and murderers are condemned to hell.......unless they repent and turn to God.....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eco-terrorists and abortion clinic bombers are the only ones I can think of that don't have a muslim connection.....and you can count those on your fingers......

Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda

Russian NAtional Unity

National Liberation Front of Tripura

Sons of Freedom in Canada

The IRA in Ireland

Serbian Chrsitian "cleansing" The Muslims

All are Christian terroist groups and or terroism.

All religions are used as vehicles to create violence and those who do that are wrong, no matter who they claim the name of violence in

Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda

Russian NAtional Unity

National Liberation Front of Tripura

Sons of Freedom in Canada

The IRA in Ireland

Serbian Chrsitian "cleansing" The Muslims

All are Christian terroist groups and or terroism.

All religions are used as vehicles to create violence and those who do that are wrong, no matter who they claim the name of violence in

That's 6...just like I said, you can count the non-muslim terrorist groups on your fingers.....I still have 4 left.... :whome:

You're out of fingers.

American Coalition of Life Activists

Animal Liberation Front

Army of God

Aryan Nation

Christian Identity Movement

Earth Liberation Front

Ku Klux Klan

Militia Movement

Not to mention the shooting at Columbine, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma City bombing ... shall I go on? By my count, adding to what CoachBennett mentioned, that's 17. You're almost out of toes, too.

You're out of fingers.

Animal Liberation Front

Army of God

Aryan Nation

Earth Liberation Front

Ku Klux Klan

Militia Movement

Not to mention the shooting at Columbine, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma City bombing ... shall I go on? By my count, adding to what CoachBennett mentioned, that's 17. You're almost out of toes, too.

I disagree. Columbine and Virginia Tech were not terrorists - they were IDIOTS! Oklahoma City bombing, however, to me is a terrorist. But Columbine, Virginia Tech or Oklahoma City were NOT for a religion... Also the list that Chase has listed, they're not doing what they're doing based on a religion.

You could also list the Luby's shooting in Texas as an idiot - but he wasn't a terrorist. Point being, no matter where you are, BE AWARE of your surroundings.

I also suggest to you, once the terrorists get IN THE AIRPORT... nothing will stop them from bombing either.

that's 17. You're almost out of toes, too.

I've still got three left... :w00t:

....and there is enough circumstantial and anecdotal evidence out there to make the claim that the Oklahoma City bombing had muslim backing...we have discussed that several times on here in the past....

News flash!!!!!!

Was on two separate flights this morning and noticed many Middle Eastern/Muslim types in the airport and on the plane. Last I checked, no airports were bombed, no planes were bombed, and no idiots yelled Muslim when they were walking through the airport. Guess that means that "many" or "most" people of this ilk are not terrorists. Surely one of them would've tried something if that was the truth.

If any of you Einsteins would go back to where this started you would see the point I was making. I have no problem with these types being screened, and screened more harshly than a preacher from deep east Texas. I just think its pathetic that you people paint an entire race of people (Middle Eastern) with the same broad brush.

You're out of fingers.

Animal Liberation Front

Army of God

Aryan Nation

Earth Liberation Front

Ku Klux Klan

Militia Movement

Did anyone mention the group that William Ayers was part of?

Terrorism, despite considerable disagreement about a precise definition,[1][2][3] is often considered to be deliberate[4]violence[5] or the threat of violence[6] directed at innocent[7]non-combatants[7] and governments[6] to cause fear[5] systematically[8] to attract media attention[9] for causes which may be political[4][3][5] or ideological[6] or religious[6] and which are viewed as coercive.[6][8][10] An act which meets many or all of these criteria is often considered to be terrorism. There is considerable disagreement about whether the term can describe government or religious leaders and whether the term should be extended to include wartime acts. Further, the distinction between terrorism and crime is hard to specify.[11]

The term is charged politically and emotionally and has strong negative connotations.[12] Its meaning often depends on the ideology of the user and the context of its use. Studies have found more than one hundred definitions of the term.[13][14] At present, there is no internationally agreed-upon definition. Governments have described opponents as terrorists to delegitimize them.[15][16] Some suggest that the term terrorist is so fraught with conceptual problems that a better term would be violent non-state actor.[17][4][citation needed] Terrorism has a long history and has been practiced by both right-wing and left-wing political parties, nationalistic groups, religious groups, revolutionaries, criminals, and others.[18]

-Wikipedia.com

Theres your definition of TERRORISM. Hmmmm I failed to see the words "Islam", "Muslim", or "Middle Eastern" in either paragraph. It basically says that ANYONE can be a terrorist. So for those of you that are so scared that theres a muslim extremist,or some other form of terrorism, hiding around every corner just waiting for the opprotunity to kill you and your family, start digging your under ground bomb shelters now, because it could be any face in the crowd!

Theres your definition of TERRORISM. Hmmmm I failed to see the words "Islam", "Muslim", or "Middle Eastern" in either paragraph. It basically says that ANYONE can be a terrorist. So for those of you that are so scared that theres a muslim extremist,or some other form of terrorism, hiding around every corner just waiting for the opprotunity to kill you and your family, start digging your under ground bomb shelters now, because it could be any face in the crowd!

[/sup]

However in the last few years it hasn't been any face in the crowd.

Terrorism, despite considerable disagreement about a precise definition,[1][2][3] is often considered to be deliberate[4]violence[5] or the threat of violence[6] directed at innocent[7]non-combatants[7] and governments[6] to cause fear[5] systematically[8] to attract media attention[9] for causes which may be political[4][3][5] or ideological[6] or religious[6] and which are viewed as coercive.[6][8][10] An act which meets many or all of these criteria is often considered to be terrorism. There is considerable disagreement about whether the term can describe government or religious leaders and whether the term should be extended to include wartime acts. Further, the distinction between terrorism and crime is hard to specify.[11]

The term is charged politically and emotionally and has strong negative connotations.[12] Its meaning often depends on the ideology of the user and the context of its use. Studies have found more than one hundred definitions of the term.[13][14] At present, there is no internationally agreed-upon definition. Governments have described opponents as terrorists to delegitimize them.[15][16] Some suggest that the term terrorist is so fraught with conceptual problems that a better term would be violent non-state actor.[17][4][citation needed] Terrorism has a long history and has been practiced by both right-wing and left-wing political parties, nationalistic groups, religious groups, revolutionaries, criminals, and others.[18]

-Wikipedia.com

With all due respect, Doc, you're wrong. This is the TRUE definition of terrorist, as defined by the United States Code.

United States Law Code – the law that governs the entire country – contains a definition of terrorism embedded in its requirement that Annual Country reports on Terrorism be submitted by the Secretary of State to Congress every year. (From U.S. Code Title 22, Ch.38, Para. 2656f(d)

(d) Definitions

As used in this section—

(1) the term “international terrorism” means terrorism involving citizens or the territory of more than 1 country;

(2) the term “terrorism” means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents;

(3) the term “terrorist group” means any group, or which has significant subgroups which practice, international terrorism;

(4) the terms “territory” and “territory of the country” mean the land, waters, and airspace of the country; and

(5) the terms “terrorist sanctuary” and “sanctuary” mean an area in the territory of the country—

(A) that is used by a terrorist or terrorist organization—

(i) to carry out terrorist activities, including training, fundraising, financing, and recruitment; or

(ii) as a transit point; and

(B) the government of which expressly consents to, or with knowledge, allows, tolerates, or disregards such use of its territory and is not subject to a determination under—

(i) section 2405(j)(1)(A) of the Appendix to title 50;

(ii) section 2371 (a) of this title; or

(iii) section 2780 (d) of this title.

Thats great Red, but the definition that I provided actually explained what terrorism is. Nice try though!

In case you missed it, number two was:

(2) the term “terrorism” means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents;

And in neither definition is terrorism defined by the words, "Muslim" or "Islam."

No matter which one you use, you still come off as racist.

Perhaps if we were racist 9/11 would not have happened. I'm sure given a choice the innocent lives lost on that date would chose to not be known as racist. Maybe you should ask them! Oh wait....cant!

And in neither definition is terrorism defined by the words, "Muslim" or "Islam."

No matter which one you use, you still come off as racist.

And with this, we now return to the topic that began all of this discussion. I don't believe anyone has had any objection to the "tips" that were posted in the original comment. If you fly more than once per year, you're a fool if you aren't already doing the things the author mentioned.

The problem with the thread began with the blurb posted before the article. Here's the most ridiculous part of that blurb: "Me, if I ever do fly again...If I see a Muslim or hear anyone not speaking English well, or hear a Muslim name, I'm going to scream and point"

Whether or not it was an exaggeration, it definitely qualifies as language meant to inflame. The fact that "most" or "many" of you continue to justify such blanket prejudice is astounding to me.

Profiling passengers in an airport/airplane is one thing. Making a blanket statement about Muslims, people who don't speak English well, or have Muslim names is another.

In case you missed it, number two was:

(2) the term "terrorism" means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents;

And in case you missed it...

"Terrorism, despite considerable disagreement about a precise definition,[1][2][3] is often considered to be deliberate[4]violence[5] or the threat of violence[6] directed at innocent[7]non-combatants[7] and governments[6] to cause fear[5] systematically[8] to attract media attention[9] for causes which may be political[4][3][5] or ideological[6] or religious[6] and which are viewed as coercive."

OK yes I am racist when it comes to muslims I'll admit it. But they brought it on themselves. They blew up our buildings killed our AMERICAN brothers and sisters. They are killing our soldiers daily. I don't think they are all bad. As a whole however, their religion preaches violence and hatered. Excuse me for not wanting to rub elbows with these people. And until they can find a definitive way to show me whos bad and not I will be predjudiced. How can an American who witnessed 9/11 not feel at least a little wary around these people. Call me whatever you will, but I prefer to be thought of as a patriot with an undying love of the country that allows me to speak my mind.

Thank you,

Coltsboy

Wow... :cripple: ... I don't want to read all the comments, until I've sobered up and have time. I haven't flown since 2001. There's a reason for it, but the process isn't that bad. It's actually fairly simple. I think this is blown out of proportion.

I had to fly from Birmingham to Charlotte, and then to my connecting flight to Dallas. My wife told me not to take a lighter, but I did (she said it would be confiscated). It was easier to get into the protected zone of the Airport, than to get off the plane and into the airport. Why ? Carry on baggage.

I thought this while I was patiently waiting for people to retrieve the various objects from the stow away cabins. When you are travelling, do you really need to lug around your many possesions ???? Aren't there safety deposit boxes for those items ? What is the purpose ? If you have something of value, send it via a courier, and insure it. If not, this kid's video from when I was a child came to mind :

I like to travel this big world of ours, and I anytime I've gone somewhere, I've always come back with more stuff, than I left with. I realize that I would never campout in a war torn country. Have we become a paranoid nation when it comes to travelling ?

I suggest that people that want to go to the various destinations, have their things in order. Remove everything from your pockets, keep everything to a minimum, remove your belt, shoes, and have your identification in your hand. It doesn't hurt to give a downward Horn's sign at the Birmingham Airport. (They don't take that as a gang sign) .

I might just have to comment on some of the other ramblings in this paranoid thread later. :chase:

Wow... :cripple: ... I don't want to read all the comments, until I've sobered up and have time. I haven't flown since 2001. There's a reason for it, but the process isn't that bad. It's actually fairly simple. I think this is blown out of proportion.

I had to fly from Birmingham to Charlotte, and then to my connecting flight to Dallas. My wife told me not to take a lighter, but I did (she said it would be confiscated). It was easier to get into the protected zone of the Airport, than to get off the plane and into the airport. Why ? Carry on baggage.

I thought this while I was patiently waiting for people to retrieve the various objects from the stow away cabins. When you are travelling, do you really need to lug around your many possesions ???? Aren't there safety deposit boxes for those items ? What is the purpose ? If you have something of value, send it via a courier, and insure it. If not, this kid's video from when I was a child came to mind :

I like to travel this big world of ours, and I anytime I've gone somewhere, I've always come back with more stuff, than I left with. I realize that I would never campout in a war torn country. Have we become a paranoid nation when it comes to travelling ?

I suggest that people that want to go to the various destinations, have their things in order. Remove everything from your pockets, keep everything to a minimum, remove your belt, shoes, and have your identification in your hand. It doesn't hurt to give a downward Horn's sign at the Birmingham Airport. (They don't take that as a gang sign) .

I might just have to comment on some of the other ramblings in this paranoid thread later. :chase:

The problem is, Dave, why should WE, those of us who are not terrorists, have to go through all this, when if they'd simply profile, and check the lists of those "banned from flying" or "known" or "may be known" or "suspected" as terrorists?

Why should citizens of the U.S., who are not of the same terrorist beliefs, be made to stand in line for 4 hours, ship things to our destination, go through body scanners, take off our shoes, etc.?

Now, if you're a terrorist, and you're seeing all the lines and all the problems that Americans are having to go through, because of previous terrorist acts... what do you think they're doing? Who's the joke on now?

And, yes, we have become a paranoid nation, because as we've seen, our government is not doing its job to protect its citizens.

The problem is, Dave, why should WE, those of us who are not terrorists, have to go through all this, when if they'd simply profile, and check the lists of those "banned from flying" or "known" or "may be known" or "suspected" as terrorists?

Why should citizens of the U.S., who are not of the same terrorist beliefs, be made to stand in line for 4 hours, ship things to our destination, go through body scanners, take off our shoes, etc.?

Now, if you're a terrorist, and you're seeing all the lines and all the problems that Americans are having to go through, because of previous terrorist acts... what do you think they're doing? Who's the joke on now?

And, yes, we have become a paranoid nation, because as we've seen, our government is not doing its job to protect its citizens.

Red, the reason that us normal Americans must be subjected to those inconveniences is because terrorists don't wear a sign around their neck that tells you they are indeed a terrorist. Like I have already mentioned above, It could be anyone in the crowd. So, therefore, they have to screen each and every person the exact same way. When they start giving people a pass just because they assume they are a regular law abiding American citizen, then the system will break down. So if you have to fly, just #### it up, and go through the security measures with a smile because they are keeping you and everyone else safe. And if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, you can yell and point at the Muslims if you wish, but when they look at you like you have a male reproductive organ growing out of your forehead, try not to feel 2 feet tall.

I was in and out of the security checkpoints in less than 1 minute, twice in Birmingham (because I showed up 2 hours early), twice in Charlotte (because I had time, and I'm still a smoker.) I wasn't trying to bring in 2 cases of luggage that I could have checked in with the baggage handlers. That's what is slowing people down. On my second trip back into the Charlotte Airport, there was a guy that had to be searched, because he didn't remove whatever it was that he had on him.

My solution would be to remove all carry on baggage. That holds up everyone. People have to bring all sorts of junk on the plane, that they have no business having on the plane. Do people need their electronic devices ? No, give them a newspaper, a periodical, and either they like it or lump it. People do not need everything that they bring on board an aircraft. I think that there should be two lines, one for those that are declaring nothing but their genius...Oscar Wilde, and those that want to bring whatever "security blanket" they need onto an airplane. Why do they need everything else ?