If you plan to fly

parentofredheads

Red, the reason that us normal Americans must be subjected to those inconveniences is because terrorists don't wear a sign around their neck that tells you they are indeed a terrorist. Like I have already mentioned above, It could be anyone in the crowd. So, therefore, they have to screen each and every person the exact same way. When they start giving people a pass just because they assume they are a regular law abiding American citizen, then the system will break down. So if you have to fly, just #### it up, and go through the security measures with a smile because they are keeping you and everyone else safe. And if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, you can yell and point at the Muslims if you wish, but when they look at you like you have a male reproductive organ growing out of your forehead, try not to feel 2 feet tall.

Do you think the people that had been on that plane to Michigan feel this way? Do you think they think a certain member of those flying should've been profiled? Do you think the survivors of 9/11 believe that our government should've done a better job of profiling? Do you think those who lost loved ones on 9/11 believe our government should've done a better job of profiling? Do you think those that gave their lives in crashing in Pennsylvania, trying to take back their plane, thought our government could do a better job, so other Americans wouldn't lose their lives?

And you can even go as far as to say... do you think those families that lost loved ones down at Fort Hood would've wished our government would've done their job and profiled?

Your whole stance to it is reactive, rather than proactive.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your whole stance to it is reactive, rather than proactive.

No, my stance is EVERYONE is treated equally and we should ALL have to go through the same security screening at the airport. Doesn't matter white, black, tan, yellow, red, purple, or whatever. A white collar white guy, should be screened with the same intensity that a scruffy Middle Eastern man would. No one gets a free pass. Because like I have said many times already, you never know who could be a terrorist, it could be anyone. So therefore, everyone had to go to the same long, drawn out, extensive security screening. If you don't like the long lines and crazy security measures at the airport, find another means of transportation. The system works. Deal with it.

Because like I have said many times already, you never know who could be a terrorist, it could be anyone.

When is the last airplane crashed on purpose, blown up or hijacked by a white American or non Muslim? Common sense Doc! We don't go into 7/11 and assume Achmed is a terrorist cause they don't tend to blow up 7/11's.

I'm sure you would testify to the fact that all Muslims are searched at check points in Iraq and Afghanistan. Cant they tell who the terrorist are?

No, my stance is EVERYONE is treated equally and we should ALL have to go through the same security screening at the airport. Doesn't matter white, black, tan, yellow, red, purple, or whatever. A white collar white guy, should be screened with the same intensity that a scruffy Middle Eastern man would. No one gets a free pass. Because like I have said many times already, you never know who could be a terrorist, it could be anyone. So therefore, everyone had to go to the same long, drawn out, extensive security screening. If you don't like the long lines and crazy security measures at the airport, find another means of transportation. The system works. Deal with it.

I have to agree somewhat with you, except the system. The system has flaws, that could easily be removed. What is preventing quick entry and quick exiting at the airport, it's all the extra stuff that people want to bring with them on board. It's not someone that wants to enter and exit, it's the idiots that think they need to bring their entire wardrobe and accessories on board. That is what I observed.

Even though Navin Johnson did pick up many things on his way out, he would have made it through airport security : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1el59ig9AK8

When is the last airplane crashed on purpose, blown up or hijacked by a white American or non Muslim? Common sense Doc! We don't go into 7/11 and assume Achmed is a terrorist cause they don't tend to blow up 7/11's.

I'm sure you would testify to the fact that all Muslims are searched at check points in Iraq and Afghanistan. Cant they tell who the terrorist are?

Yes, Straw, all Muslims are searched at check points in Iraq and Afghanistan... because they are MUSLIM COUNTRIES and it just so happens that the people we are fighting are Muslim, and they hide amongst the general population. What we do over there is not racial profiling, because we don't just search them, we search anyone in the country, no matter who they are!

Common sense says that anyone could be a terrorist, not just Islamic extremists. Terrorism has no face. Most of the time, you will never know, until its to late.

To assume that every Middle Eastern person you pass is a Terrorist is a racist stereotype.

Yes, Straw, all Muslims are searched at check points in Iraq and Afghanistan... because they are MUSLIM COUNTRIES and it just so happens that the people we are fighting are Muslim, and they hide amongst the general population. What we do over there is not racial profiling, because we don't just search them, we search anyone in the country, no matter who they are!

Common sense says that anyone could be a terrorist, not just Islamic extremists. Terrorism has no face. Most of the time, you will never know, until its to late.

To assume that every Middle Eastern person you pass is a Terrorist is a racist stereotype.

What you are saying makes no sense Doc. Nobody is assuming every Muslim we pass is a terrorist. I just gave you an example in my post before this one. No one thinks the owner of 7/11 should be searched in his store. Why? Cause terrorist are not blowing up 7/11's. But until terrorist that are Muslim stop blowing up airplanes, we owe it to our citizens to protect them whether its hurts someones feeling or not. Let me remind you, we are also protecting those Muslims we search. They get on the same plane as we do. I'm sure they would like to make sure no terrorist are on board. Now I ask you earlier, when was the last time a white or non Muslim crashed on purpose, blew up or hijacked an American plane? Guess what, if a white man with a shaved head goes into an NAACP meeting, I bet he gets searched. If a man with a white robe and hood goes into Grambling University I bet he gets stopped. And before you say that's different, its not. It still violates someones rights. However, it also is to protect the public which I have no problem with.

Doc, that is exactly my point - the system doesn't work.

All of the terrorists who have been on planes, "their" screening came from another country. In the last one, we were warned ahead of time, and no one did anything... And we're supposed to trust other countries and our own system, and we're supposed to trust $10.00 an hour employees for screening at our airports?

We had the shoe terrorist - we had to take off our shoes. Now, we've had the underwear terrorist... what's next? No matter what we do, terrorists will find a way. I do agree with you, that terrorists come in ANY form; however, 100% of those "forms" have all been extremist Muslims.

This is the time to drop the PC and profile - the system is broken, just like we saw at Ft. Hood.

What you are saying makes no sense Doc. Nobody is assuming every Muslim we pass is a terrorist. I just gave you an example in my post before this one. No one thinks the owner of 7/11 should be searched in his store. Why? Cause terrorist are not blowing up 7/11's. But until terrorist that are Muslim stop blowing up airplanes, we owe it to our citizens to protect them whether its hurts someones feeling or not. Let me remind you, we are also protecting those Muslims we search. They get on the same plane as we do. I'm sure they would like to make sure no terrorist are on board. Now I ask you earlier, when was the last time a white or non Muslim crashed on purpose, blew up or hijacked an American plane? Guess what, if a white man with a shaved head goes into an NAACP meeting, I bet he gets searched. If a man with a white robe and hood goes into Grambling University I bet he gets stopped. And before you say that's different, its not. It still violates someones rights. However, it also is to protect the public which I have no problem with.

That's exactly the opinion that started this thread.

Me, if I ever do fly again...If I see a Muslim or hear anyone not speaking English well, or hear a Muslim name, I'm going to scream and point, TERRORIST, TERRORIST

While she was called out SOLELY on this statement, some of you have tried to turn this around and make it seem like no one wants stringent screening and profiling in airports. This thread has nothing to do with who should be screened, what the Koran says, not about carry-on luggage, and definitely not about a bald, white man attending an NAACP meeting.

That's exactly the opinion that started this thread.

Me, if I ever do fly again...If I see a Muslim or hear anyone not speaking English well, or hear a Muslim name, I'm going to scream and point, TERRORIST, TERRORIST

While she was called out SOLELY on this statement, some of you have tried to turn this around and make it seem like no one wants stringent screening and profiling in airports. This thread has nothing to do with who should be screened, what the Koran says, not about carry-on luggage, and definitely not about a bald, white man attending an NAACP meeting.

Seriously...it was an exaggeration, and I stated it... get over it already!

Seriously...it was an exaggeration, and I stated it... get over it already!

From the first page of this thread:

If I see someone suspicious, and they're searching the 80-year old grandma instead of the suspicious, uh, DUH, no, I'm not kidding!

So which is it?

You need to reread my post. I think every Muslim should be screened at the airport. I make no bones about it or try to hide anything so your statement is incorrect.

Funny how when your side tries to deflect with Oklahoma or abortion clinics it has everything to do with the subject and you stay silent.

I have said many times, I don't give a damn about hurting the feelings of Muslims. If they do not like it, fly Air Qaida. Our job should be to protect everyone that fly's including the very Muslim we searched. I'm sick of hearing how people are inconvenienced! Its much better than being dead I assure you. Until we end Muslims terrorist trying to kill Americans on or over our soil, then we should search everyone of them at the airport.

Hopefully I have made my stance clear since you obviously misunderstood my other post.

And let me be clear about what I feel about airport screening. I'm for screening every Middle Eastern person that is trying to step onboard an airplane. I'm also in favor of screening every White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, and Redneck. In other words, EVERYBODY should be screened.

My issue from the very beginning has been with the blatantly inappropriate remarks made in the first post. Exaggeration or not, the comment was ridiculously stupid. I could think of many other analagous comments using Whites, Blacks, Asians, and Hispanics that would probably result in banishment if they were posted. These were allowed to stay and were supported, evidently, because everyone is supposed to fear the big, bad, Middle Eastern boogeyman. (The mere fact that I implied someone was a Redneck in this thread almost got me banished.)

Hopefully, that was clear enough for all to understand as well.

And let me be clear about what I feel about airport screening. I'm for screening every Middle Eastern person that is trying to step onboard an airplane. I'm also in favor of screening every White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, and Redneck. In other words, EVERYBODY should be screened.

My issue from the very beginning has been with the blatantly inappropriate remarks made in the first post. Exaggeration or not, the comment was ridiculously stupid. I could think of many other analagous comments using Whites, Blacks, Asians, and Hispanics that would probably result in banishment if they were posted. These were allowed to stay and were supported, evidently, because everyone is supposed to fear the big, bad, Middle Eastern boogeyman. (The mere fact that I implied someone was a Redneck in this thread almost got me banished.)

BTW, most dont fear the Middle Eastern bogeyman. They do fear being blown up in an airplane by a terrorist however.

BTW, most dont fear the Middle Eastern bogeyman. They do fear being blown up in an airplane by a terrorist however.

And most apparently don't read with context. For if they did, they would not seek every opportunity to spin the discussion a different direction.

And most apparently don't read with context. For if they did, they would not seek every opportunity to spin the discussion a different direction.

And most don't need you insulting them. I haven't seen anything that went a different direction in this thread. It all comes back to the same thing. But then again, I don't read so good!

Well said. :happy65:

Took a non-stop flight from DFW to Boston last week. There was a Middle Eastern man with a long scruffly beard wearing a turbin. If he were about 6" taller, he could have passed for Osama's brother. Oddly though, I was not concerned with him being on my plane even though the trip to Boston required a lot of fuel. The terrorist won't have the long beards and wearing turbins. In fact, I believe they will have short haircuts and look more hispanic than Middle Eastern.

Saying all that; the screening wasn't that bad as long as you knew what you were doing. Take off your shoes, belt, sweater or jacket. Take your laptop out of it's case, and put your watch, keys and other metal items in a bowl. Walk through the metal detector and collect your things on the other side. I talk a big game, but I don't believe it is right for certain races to be pulled aside for "special" screening. I know the victims of 9/11 wish we would have, but the fact is we had the intelligence and refused to take it seriously. We also can't go back to Pearl Harbor or the Holocaust or to the Columbine shootings. The key is we better learn from our mistakes. We got lazy with our security, and Osama took advantage. It was a well developed plan - they didn't decide the week before to attack. Now we'll be forever on guard at our airports because if we get lazy - they'll attack again. Call me crazy, but I think the fact that we haven't had an attack since 9/11 shows we have been on our toes for the most part.

Took a non-stop flight from DFW to Boston last week. There was a Middle Eastern man with a long scruffly beard wearing a turbin. If he were about 6" taller, he could have passed for Osama's brother. Oddly though, I was not concerned with him being on my plane even though the trip to Boston required a lot of fuel. The terrorist won't have the long beards and wearing turbins. In fact, I believe they will have short haircuts and look more hispanic than Middle Eastern.

Saying all that; the screening wasn't that bad as long as you knew what you were doing. Take off your shoes, belt, sweater or jacket. Take your laptop out of it's case, and put your watch, keys and other metal items in a bowl. Walk through the metal detector and collect your things on the other side. I talk a big game, but I don't believe it is right for certain races to be pulled aside for "special" screening. I know the victims of 9/11 wish we would have, but the fact is we had the intelligence and refused to take it seriously. We also can't go back to Pearl Harbor or the Holocaust or to the Columbine shootings. The key is we better learn from our mistakes. We got lazy with our security, and Osama took advantage. It was a well developed plan - they didn't decide the week before to attack. Now we'll be forever on guard at our airports because if we get lazy - they'll attack again. Call me crazy, but I think the fact that we haven't had an attack since 9/11 shows we have been on our toes for the most part.

Good post and I do agree with sonoman. Everyone should be screened somehow!

I disagree. Columbine and Virginia Tech were not terrorists - they were IDIOTS! Oklahoma City bombing, however, to me is a terrorist. But Columbine, Virginia Tech or Oklahoma City were NOT for a religion... Also the list that Chase has listed, they're not doing what they're doing based on a religion.

You should study up on the Columbine shootings. Dylan and Eric planned to murder 100's of students, but the propane tanks did not explode like planned. The boys initially planned to be in the parking lot as students ran out of the building. There they would shoot as many students and teachers as possible.

Survivors of the Columbine shootings that were in the library when the two boys murdered some of their victims up close said that Eric and Dylan asked their victim if they believed in Jesus. Religion did play a part - both boys spoke about it in the tapes found in the basement prior to the shootings.

There were also numerous signs that the boys were up to something. They left ammunition laying around in their bedrooms. Some experts have suggested they wanted their parents to find out and ask questions. They made video tapes of themselves as hired guns as well as shooting the weapons they had purchased. They also had diaries as well as audio tapes of their plans.

They were terrorists. They attacked non-combative students and teachers with the intention of receiving media attention. And much like Muslin terrorist, these two boys did not plan on living through their ordeal. In fact, about the only thing from the Columbine shootings that remains a mystery is whether the boys committed suicide or they were shot by law enforcement. It was reported they committed suicide, but some experts that have studied the placement of the bodies as well as the bullet holes suggest they were shot. Kind of like the "one shooter" conspiracy with JFK.