District 13 4a Softball

GeorgeJetson

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think?? Predictions?? Comments??

Hallsville

Longview

Longview Pine Tree

Marshall

Mount Pleasant

Sulphur Springs

Texas High

It should be another tough district for 2010!!

Texas High might have the best coach in district (no disrespect to other coaches), bet they don't finish last

1. Hallsville

2. Sulphur Springs

3. Pine Tree

4. Marshall

5. Mt Pleasant

6. Texas High

7. Longview

:nowhearthis:

Didn't Hallsville split games with MP last year? MP split with Marshall and TH, beat LV twice(could b wrong) and PT twice(again check me). SS will be the team everyone will need to watch out for.

Didn't Hallsville split games with MP last year? MP split with Marshall and TH, beat LV twice(could b wrong) and PT twice(again check me). SS will be the team everyone will need to watch out for.

Better watch out for MP played well last year and didn't lose many players. Hallville's pitcher owned SS last year and has talent around her. SS has talent but did lose some good girls. Returning are pitcher of the year and defensive player of the year. If the coach can get the right girls in the right spots could be very good.

1. Sulphur Springs

2. Mt. Pleasant

3. Hallsville

4. Marshall

5. Pinetree

6. Texas High

7. Longview

All of this is out the window if anybody has moved in or out of the district.

Hallsville split with MP (3-2 & 4-3); MP lost to Marshall twice (3-5 & 0-2); MP split with TH (0-1 & 1-0); MP won over L'view twice (2-1 & 2-1) and MP won over Pine Tree (5-0 & 4-3). MP was 2-4 the first round and 4-2 the last round for an overall of 6-6 (5th Place in 13-4A).

I predict that Hallsville, Sulphur Springs and Marshall will finish in the top 3 spots with Hallsville winning District.

Pine Tree and Mount Pleasant will finish 4 & 5 with Pine Tree making the playoffs.

Texas Hi and L'view will finish 6 & 7 with TH no. 6.

Hallsville split with MP (3-2 & 4-3); MP lost to Marshall twice (3-5 & 0-2); MP split with TH (0-1 & 1-0); MP won over L'view twice (2-1 & 2-1) and MP won over Pine Tree (5-0 & 4-3). MP was 2-4 the first round and 4-2 the last round for an overall of 6-6 (5th Place in 13-4A).

I predict that Hallsville, Sulphur Springs and Marshall will finish in the top 3 spots with Hallsville winning District.

Pine Tree and Mount Pleasant will finish 4 & 5 with Pine Tree making the playoffs.

I'll take your word on the marshall game. Marshall this year will be pretty tough. Thought it was .500 ball for MP.

I agree Hallsville - Sulphur Springs maybe top two, but I also agree Mt Pleasant is going to bear watching. These girls want it and play with a lot of heart, sometimes when you have a district this strong that makes a great difference. A great deal is going to depend on coaching this year. There is a lot of talent out there with some of the seniors already signed to good colleges. We will soon see how well the coaches and girls work together. Going to be a good year for softball in several districts.

Hey Georgejetson you started this but we have not heard your take on what might happen this season!!

Come on Step Up

It would be foolish to discount Texas High's finish in district this year. They lost only 2 players off last year's district champion team, and though one of those was the pitcher, adequate replacements are available. Defense will be hard to beat and hitting should improve over last year. I agree the district will be much tougher than last year but to say TH will finish 6th is rather ambitious.

It would be foolish to discount Texas High's finish in district this year. They lost only 2 players off last year's district champion team, and though one of those was the pitcher, adequate replacements are available. Defense will be hard to beat and hitting should improve over last year. I agree the district will be much tougher than last year but to say TH will finish 6th is rather ambitious.

The three people that ranked all seven teams put them sixth. mrknowitall said TH would not finish last, is that sixth? If you want to get ambitious you could rank all seven so we know how good you think they are. We have seven teams in six cities, surely we have more people that have an opinion about 13-4A softball.

The three people that ranked all seven teams put them sixth. mrknowitall said TH would not finish last, is that sixth? If you want to get ambitious you could rank all seven so we know how good you think they are. We have seven teams in six cities, surely we have more people that have an opinion about 13-4A softball.

I didn't rank the teams because I am not familiar with what players are returning to each team. I do know that MP's pitcher will be back and they will be much tougher than last year. My only point is that it is foolish to rank TH 6th despite what everybody else says. I believe TH will finish in the top 4 since they beat Hallsville twice last year, PT twice last year and split with SS, MP & Marshall. mrknowitall is correct by saying TH has the best coach in the district and I am sure they will surprise a lot of people including you. One thing is for sure, they will not finish 6th or worse. Count on it.

Hey that's the spirit!!! Everybody get behind you team. Who is coming back and who is gone lets hear from all seven teams out there where do you think you stand. All the girls are excited and are ready to play. If you know when a team is playing their first game let everyone know. The coaches will be looking at the girls to see where to play what girl. It is going to be an exciting season.

I didn't rank the teams because I am not familiar with what players are returning to each team. I do know that MP's pitcher will be back and they will be much tougher than last year. My only point is that it is foolish to rank TH 6th despite what everybody else says. I believe TH will finish in the top 4 since they beat Hallsville twice last year, PT twice last year and split with SS, MP & Marshall. mrknowitall is correct by saying TH has the best coach in the district and I am sure they will surprise a lot of people including you. One thing is for sure, they will not finish 6th or worse. Count on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Pine Tree should be much improved from last year. Their starting pitcher is back from injury. She played in only 1 & 1/2 district games last year, beating Marshall. She is healthy now and throwing well. Pine Tree lost one player off last years team ( catcher- Emily Racicot) New Catcher is no Racicot but she is doing a nice job so far. Pine Tree does have tons of speed in this years freshman class and will be scary in the next few years. Dont know if they will help the varsity much this year though. Coach West seems to be stepping up a notch in the coaching dept. (good news). Pine Tree also has a new asst coach in Sarah Creech ( Ricks) who REALLY knows her stuff! Creech may be the best coach in the district very soon! Future looks good at Pine Tree. If Bartlett stays healthy and the Catcher continues to improve Pine Tree should be playoff bound. This is still a very tough district. Here is my "revised" order.

1. Hallsville

2. Sulphur Springs

3. Pine Tree

Mt Pleasant

Texas High

Marshall

7. Longview High

Pine Tree should be much improved from last year. Their starting pitcher is back from injury. She played in only 1 & 1/2 district games last year, beating Marshall. She is healthy now and throwing well. Pine Tree lost one player off last years team ( catcher- Emily Racicot) New Catcher is no Racicot but she is doing a nice job so far. Pine Tree does have tons of speed in this years freshman class and will be scary in the next few years. Dont know if they will help the varsity much this year though. Coach West seems to be stepping up a notch in the coaching dept. (good news). Pine Tree also has a new asst coach in Sarah Creech ( Ricks) who REALLY knows her stuff! Creech may be the best coach in the district very soon! Future looks good at Pine Tree. If Bartlett stays healthy and the Catcher continues to improve Pine Tree should be playoff bound. This is still a very tough district. Here is my "revised" order.

1. Hallsville

2. Sulphur Springs

3. Pine Tree

Mt Pleasant

Texas High

Marshall

7. Longview High

I did not know starting pitcher was back this could make a big difference. As we have all said before coaching in this district is a big key. We have some coaches in this district that can play heads up softball with the best of them. Many times we have seen a team that did not have as much talent as on some of the other teams but the coaching made the team shine. It is all in knowing how to use the talent that you are given. I still have not called the 1 and 2 spot, but I am edging toward SS for number 1. Strong coaching with a lot of talent for him to work with. Coming back with the District Pitcher of the year, Taylor Clifton, who is now in her senior year stronger and better than last. All state, District Defensive player of the year, and MVP short stop and third base Mac Morgan (who as signed to play in the Big East Conference Division 1 Providence College in Providence RI) is still getting better. Maurie Lewis senior catcher all state (who is signed to play for Arkansas Tech) if you are going to take second better watch that throw down. There is one thing for sure when any two of these teams meet up to play they had better have their A-game on because these teams are all close.

I did not know starting pitcher was back this could make a big difference. As we have all said before coaching in this district is a big key. We have some coaches in this district that can play heads up softball with the best of them. Many times we have seen a team that did not have as much talent as on some of the other teams but the coaching made the team shine. It is all in knowing how to use the talent that you are given. I still have not called the 1 and 2 spot, but I am edging toward SS for number 1. Strong coaching with a lot of talent for him to work with. Coming back with the District Pitcher of the year, Taylor Clifton, who is now in her senior year stronger and better than last. All state, District Defensive player of the year, and MVP short stop and third base Mac Morgan (who as signed to play in the Big East Conference Division 1 Providence College in Providence RI) is still getting better. Maurie Lewis senior catcher all state (who is signed to play for Arkansas Tech) if you are going to take second better watch that throw down. There is one thing for sure when any two of these teams meet up to play they had better have their A-game on because these teams are all close.

WOW! I thought Clifton and the 3rd baseman from last year had graduated! If those 2 are back then I will put SS over Hallsville. I cant believe they are not ranked in top ten with what they have returning. Hallsville has some talent but not equal to SS. Pine Tree will have a good bunch but inexperience at catcher is going to hurt. We should be able to keep it close with everyone. If anyone gets a big lead on us we could be in trouble.

WOW! I thought Clifton and the 3rd baseman from last year had graduated! If those 2 are back then I will put SS over Hallsville. I cant believe they are not ranked in top ten with what they have returning. Hallsville has some talent but not equal to SS. Pine Tree will have a good bunch but inexperience at catcher is going to hurt. We should be able to keep it close with everyone. If anyone gets a big lead on us we could be in trouble.

Watched Sulphur Springs at the Plano East scrimmages on sat. The girls looked very good for this early in the season, beating a couple of 5A teams. Was not a bit of quit in this bunch today. Should be a great year.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard there is a Tournament in Sulphur Springs starting this Thursday. Does someone know times, where, what teams? I am ready to go watch some SOFTBALL!!! If you know when your team is playing a game this week and where please lets us know. Some of us just enjoy watching all the teams play. Have been watching alot of these girls in travel ball plus highschool and it is fun watching them grow as athletes.

I heard there is a Tournament in Sulphur Springs starting this Thursday. Does someone know times, where, what teams? I am ready to go watch some SOFTBALL!!! If you know when your team is playing a game this week and where please lets us know. Some of us just enjoy watching all the teams play. Have been watching alot of these girls in travel ball plus highschool and it is fun watching them grow as athletes.

Go to HISD.com(Hallsville ISD.)Athletics Dept.then, schedules, for a listing of the teams and HHS's schedule

Pine Tree 4 Lufkin Hudson 3. 8 innings.

Texas High 2 - Atlanta 1....first game for both teams....TH had no scrimmages due to weather....defense was outstanding....teams should reconsider if they choose to run on TH's catcher....bats should improve with more game time....pitching will get better as the 2 sophmores gain experience.