District 13 4a Softball

GeorgeJetson

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sulphur Springs beat Prosper 13-3 in 5. Taylor Clifton had 11 K's Very good game on a very cold night.

Sulphur Springs beat Frisco Liberty 11-0 and Mabank 11-1 today in Sulphur Springs tournament. 20 other teams in the tournament but I didn't watch any other games because of work. Maybe someone can clue us in to other scores.

Sulphur Springs beat Frisco Liberty 11-0 and Mabank 11-1 today in Sulphur Springs tournament. 20 other teams in the tournament but I didn't watch any other games because of work. Maybe someone can clue us in to other scores.

Heard Hallsville had several good wins over there this week, who did they beat?

They spanked Vans rear last night 10-0.

Sulphur Springs had a good day friday, but a tough one today. Beat Rockwall-Heath 14-1 and Whitehouse 7-0. Lost to Forney 2-1. Didn't get to see many other teams, but did see Hallsville play one game and they did look good. I was told they also went 4-1 in the tournament but can't take that to the bank. Weather was great for softball so we need to hear from the rest of the district.

Sulphur Springs had a good day friday, but a tough one today. Beat Rockwall-Heath 14-1 and Whitehouse 7-0. Lost to Forney 2-1. Didn't get to see many other teams, but did see Hallsville play one game and they did look good. I was told they also went 4-1 in the tournament but can't take that to the bank. Weather was great for softball so we need to hear from the rest of the district.

Texas High won the Sports Magic tournament for the 3rd straight year beating Hooks in the finals. MP came in 4th. TH went 5-1 losing to New Boston in pool play but beating New Boston in the semis. MP went 3-3.

Well it was a good tournament in SS this pass week end. I got to see Hallsville and Sulphur Springs both play several games. Frisco Wakeland, a very strong team, pounded Hallsville pitchers and defensive, winning 7-1. Frisco Wakeland pitcher I was told by her mother had signed with UT at Arlington. They played Mabank and only won by 2 could not hit the pitching as well as I thought they would. I do not think this really reflects the Hallsville team, they are a strong team with good pitching and a great defense. Sometimes all teams just don't hit as well as they can. In other games they hit very well.

Sulphur Springs won several games (including Mabank) by some very large scores 11-1 11-0 14-1 then showed up to play Forney and had trouble getting the bats going. They hit, but everything went right to someone. Lost 2-1. Sulphur Springs Pitching and defense (minus a very key center fielder I was told,who was injured & will be back soon) looks very strong. So after watching I still think a game between Hallsville and Sulphur Springs is going to be fun to watch and could go either way. All in All I still call Sulphur Springs in #1 spot and Hallsville #2 spot.

how good is new boston?

New Boston has a very good team. They went 5-1 in the tournament. Beat Texas High 3-2 in pool play then lost to TH 4-2 on the semis when they made some untimely errors. They also beat Mount Pleasant 2-0. They have a freshman pitcher who stands about 4'11" and does a great job plus a couple of good hitters. They will do well in their district.

New Boston has a very good team. They went 5-1 in the tournament. Beat Texas High 3-2 in pool play then lost to TH 4-2 on the semis when they made some untimely errors. They also beat Mount Pleasant 2-0. They have a freshman pitcher who stands about 4'11" and does a great job plus a couple of good hitters. They will do well in their district.

Talked to people who watched TH play that tournament, they said I have ranked the District to soon.

Texas High is said to look very good and are believed to be able to beat Marshall and Mt Pleasant. That would put them #4 in district. How do they stack up against Pine Tree?

Pine Tree went 6-0 in the LOBO Classic in Longview. I am going to say they will battle for the #3 spot but will upset one of the big 2.

Sulphur Springs played in the Prosper tournament this past weekend and went 4-0-1. Beat Gunter 5-1, Corsicana 8-1, Dallas Centennial 6-2, Lake Dallas 10-0 and tied Prosper 6-6. In the Prosper game went with a very young lineup and were pleased with thier effort. The Ladycats are 10-1-1 so far this year.

Sulphur Springs played in the Prosper tournament this past weekend and went 4-0-1. Beat Gunter 5-1, Corsicana 8-1, Dallas Centennial 6-2, Lake Dallas 10-0 and tied Prosper 6-6. In the Prosper game went with a very young lineup and were pleased with thier effort. The Ladycats are 10-1-1 so far this year.

Was the Clifton girl not pitching? Well we have heard from SS, Hallsville, MP, Marshall, TH, PT, but not about Longview. Everyone seems to be doing very well from the scores. I think we were all right in saying that this is a strong district, with lots of talent. I think the pitching in MP, Hallsville, SS is going to be strong. If anyone gets to play this week be sure and keep us posted weather not looking good lots of mud.

Was the Clifton girl not pitching? Well we have heard from SS, Hallsville, MP, Marshall, TH, PT, but not about Longview. Everyone seems to be doing very well from the scores. I think we were all right in saying that this is a strong district, with lots of talent. I think the pitching in MP, Hallsville, SS is going to be strong. If anyone gets to play this week be sure and keep us posted weather not looking good lots of mud.

Thereis a tournament in Hallsville this weekend.Some good teams.Go to Hisd.com,Athletics Dept.Then schedule.

The bracket is under Ladycat Tournament.

When Sulphur Springs played Prosper they had already won four games and had beaten them 13-3 to start the season. Coach sat his Sr. pitcher, catcher, centerfield and played his younger lineup, would have been more but some went home with the flu. The younger girls got roughed up a bit but never gave in.

Marshall has their ace as well.

Marshall is 8-5 so far this year, which includes our usual 1-4 trip to Brenham to play against Houston area teams. Our only loss to a local team was to Carthage.

Sulphur Springs played in the Frisco tournament this weekend beating Grapevine,Poteet,Frisco and Denton Guyer. Lost to a very good 5A Keller. Ready to start District next week with a 14-2-1 record. Anyone want to share info. on the rest of the District ?

Sulphur Springs played in the Frisco tournament this weekend beating Grapevine,Poteet,Frisco and Denton Guyer. Lost to a very good 5A Keller. Ready to start District next week with a 14-2-1 record. Anyone want to share info. on the rest of the District ?

Texas High enters district with a 9-3 record. Hallsville comes to town Tuesday if it doesn't rain the game out.