District 13 4a Softball

GeorgeJetson

The three people that ranked all seven teams put them sixth. mrknowitall said TH would not finish last, is that sixth? If you want to get ambitious you could rank all seven so we know how good you think they are. We have seven teams in six cities, surely we have more people that have an opinion about 13-4A softball.

After watching last night's game between TH and Hallsville I might have to change my prediction on where TH might finish in district. Hallsville won 7-0 and TH couldn't have beaten a 12 & under team the way they played. Hopefully they will turn things around.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching last night's game between TH and Hallsville I might have to change my prediction on where TH might finish in district. Hallsville won 7-0 and TH couldn't have beaten a 12 & under team the way they played. Hopefully they will turn things around.

Tuesday night was one of those nights for Sulphur Springs at Marshall. Sulphur Springs was leading 6-2 and looking good then went into sleep mode. By the time it was over Marshall had won 8-6. Sulphur Springs is at Hallsville tonight and maybe things will go better for the Ladycats. I hope so because I'm not to fond of crow no matter how you fix it.

Despite winning, Marshall has lots of room for improvement. We allowed 2 runs to score in 2 different innings because we committed errors that would have ended the innings prior to the scores. Then a wild pitch coupled with a wild throw allowed the final 2 runs to score. I think the total error count wound up at 5. Hopefully we can tidy things up a bit tonight against MP.

Despite winning, Marshall has lots of room for improvement. We allowed 2 runs to score in 2 different innings because we committed errors that would have ended the innings prior to the scores. Then a wild pitch coupled with a wild throw allowed the final 2 runs to score. I think the total error count wound up at 5. Hopefully we can tidy things up a bit tonight against MP.

A win is a win. PT was tied with Texarkana 1-1 until the top of the 7th. Texas High scored 6 in the top of the 7th and PT scored 2 in the bottom. Final score THS 7 PT 3.

Marshall 4

Mt Pleasant 3

Marshall had another error filled game (5), but managed to get another win. Mt Pleasant had 2 errors. Angie was the starting pitcher but struggled and didn't last an inning. Might have been a different outcome if she stayed in. She did blast a nice homerun later.

A win is a win. PT was tied with Texarkana 1-1 until the top of the 7th. Texas High scored 6 in the top of the 7th and PT scored 2 in the bottom. Final score THS 7 PT 3.

Texas High looked like a different team than the one that played Hallsville. TH made only one error and several nice defensive plays. The game was exciting thru out and PT played a great game. Looks like Hallsville is the team to beat early on.

Marshall is 8-5 so far this year, which includes our usual 1-4 trip to Brenham to play against Houston area teams. Our only loss to a local team was to Carthage.

you know whatever your record is when you leave that tournament in Brenham..1-4 or 0-5 you come out of that thing a better team. you play some good competition down there so your team will be better for it. its a good tournament to play in!

Marshall 4

Mt Pleasant 3

Marshall had another error filled game (5), but managed to get another win. Mt Pleasant had 2 errors. Angie was the starting pitcher but struggled and didn't last an inning. Might have been a different outcome if she stayed in. She did blast a nice homerun later.

it shows marshall can over come their mistakes so that means you cant go into sleep in a game againest them. gotta play the whole game.

you know whatever your record is when you leave that tournament in Brenham..1-4 or 0-5 you come out of that thing a better team. you play some good competition down there so your team will be better for it. its a good tournament to play in!

Oh I certainly agree with that. 1-4 in Brenham taught us more than going 6-0 in the Longview tournament, with the exception of playing EF.

Oh I certainly agree with that. 1-4 in Brenham taught us more than going 6-0 in the Longview tournament, with the exception of playing EF.

i just feel if you play quality teams that wins and losses dont matter. you will just be a better softball team period. it can carry your program deep into the playoffs year after year. you have to get out of this area and play teams that you could potential see down the road and Brenham has those teams.

Watched Pine Tree and Mt.Pleasant play Thursday with PT winning 6-2.MP didn't throw their best pitcher (Perez)aganst PT.She(Perez)was the pitcher that beat Hallsvile.Friday,I watched Hallsville beat Marshall 1-0 with Allred pitching.Harmon was the losing pitcher,Hallsville had one inning with two hits which determined the outcome of that game.Looks like a race between Hallsville,PT,and Marshall,but MP could play a spoiler role.SS andTH could figure in the race in the second half if they turn things around.

Watched Pine Tree and Mt.Pleasant play Thursday with PT winning 6-2.MP didn't throw their best pitcher (Perez)aganst PT.She(Perez)was the pitcher that beat Hallsvile.Friday,I watched Hallsville beat Marshall 1-0 with Allred pitching.Harmon was the losing pitcher,Hallsville had one inning with two hits which determined the outcome of that game.Looks like a race between Hallsville,PT,and Marshall,but MP could play a spoiler role.SS andTH could figure in the race in the second half if they turn things around.

how many defensive errors did MP make in that game Sam? Just curious.

I think I get what you are saying about the PT-MP game. You can "what if" things till the cows come home but that doesn't change the outcome. The pitcher that you refer to didn't last too long in the Marshall game which MP lost but they beat Hallsville when she pitched. Also in the Hallsville game Hallsville didn't go with their ace initially. It sppears to me that the coaches under estimated their opponents in the Hallsville-MP and MP-PT games. I don't like to discuss individual players on here but you brought it up. I also watched the HHS-MHS game and it could have gone either way. It was an excellent game.

how many defensive errors did MP make in that game Sam? Just curious.

The LNJ had MP with 5 errors and PT with 2 errors. PT had 11 hits and MP had 8 hits. MP was leading 2-1 until the bottom of the fifth. PT scored 5 runs in the fifth to win 6-2.

Ok...lets just put it out there...Perez is not the whole team but just a part of a team trying to do well.I wasn't going to say anything but enough is enough...no she didnt pitch well against Marshall oh well...everyone has a bad game but she was pulled pretty quick and thats the coaches' call..she pitched great against Hallsville..good for her and her team because Hallsville is a great team...this is a really tough district and anyone can beat anyone on any giving night. Some people always have something to say about her but she loves her haters...MP needs to just focus and play the small ball stuff to pull out some wins.GOOD LUCK LADY TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
I didn't rank the teams because I am not familiar with what players are returning to each team. I do know that MP's pitcher will be back and they will be much tougher than last year. My only point is that it is foolish to rank TH 6th despite what everybody else says. I believe TH will finish in the top 4 since they beat Hallsville twice last year, PT twice last year and split with SS, MP & Marshall. mrknowitall is correct by saying TH has the best coach in the district and I am sure they will surprise a lot of people including you. One thing is for sure, they will not finish 6th or worse. Count on it.

OUCH!!

Congratulations to MP Lady Tigers on a great season. I have enjoyed watching you all play and very proud of everyone.

Good Luck to Lindale Lady Eagles as the continue their playoff run!!!!!!