Stump Recruiting News

ArmyScout

it would be great to see him at baylor...redshirt his first year, learn from would be senior RG3 and take over the reigns as a sophomore...baylor is a good choice. they give him the best chance to sit and learn behind someone great

dont know how much of a chance of playing he would have at Baylor. RG3 is going to be a junior and they have a really good quarterback in sophmore Nick Florence. Would take a lot of impressing for Stump to touch the field there before his junior year

I traded some information with someone very close to Stump's recruitment.

The visits are definitely set.

I also know Nebraska has two QB's on their radar ahead of Stump, Carnes and Colter.

Tennessee and South Florida have also entered the picture for Stump, not sure how serious, but they're involved too.

The South Florida situation is dependent on their new head coach, and that time frame is up in the air right now.

Things can change, but from all indications Virginia is the lead-dog and favorite.

David Smoak

Do you really think that he is being recruited as a QB prospect only or do you believe he is the kind of athlete that a school looks at and thinks he can play at a differant position? If he is looked at as more than justa QB then I think that would give him more options as far as schools. I saw him play twice this year and I believe he could play and be very effective at several differant positions.

I certainly 3rd the motion on OSU, I think he could step in and contribute right away, I'f correct, Robinson was a senior this year was'nt he? Be just a short ride up the Indian Nation Turnpike..

They 5 other qb's behind Robinson on the team.

This is from a poster on 3adownlow and it goes to show its a small world .....

Another Cuero/Gilmer connection I just got off the phone with Tyler Arndt's mom. They (she, hubby and Tyler) are in Virginia with Tyler for an official visit with the school. She said it is beautiful up there. Snow on the ground but not brutally cold. Anyway - they go for dinner tonight and introduce themselves to the people at the table with them (obviously up there with son's etc being recruited) and the man at the table is Stump Godfrey's uncle (I think she said uncle) So Stump and Tyler are both there this weekend. She said they met Stump and he is a very nice young man, and very quiet. The other guy in the group with Tyler and Stump is a WR from Maryland. She said his dad was a talker and he knew of Tyler from reading on message boards etc. She obviously has no idea how the weekend is going to go but she said they are having a good time and it was a good experience.

This is from a poster on 3adownlow and it goes to show its a small world .....

Another Cuero/Gilmer connection I just got off the phone with Tyler Arndt's mom. They (she, hubby and Tyler) are in Virginia with Tyler for an official visit with the school. She said it is beautiful up there. Snow on the ground but not brutally cold. Anyway - they go for dinner tonight and introduce themselves to the people at the table with them (obviously up there with son's etc being recruited) and the man at the table is Stump Godfrey's uncle (I think she said uncle) So Stump and Tyler are both there this weekend. She said they met Stump and he is a very nice young man, and very quiet. The other guy in the group with Tyler and Stump is a WR from Maryland. She said his dad was a talker and he knew of Tyler from reading on message boards etc. She obviously has no idea how the weekend is going to go but she said they are having a good time and it was a good experience.

If you saw it on the 3ADL you know its the truth... Brownwood Lions Preseason #1... lol

Stump is awesome. Auburn would be a good fit with Gus Mahlzan as OC he would feel right at home.

Stump” named Mr. Texas Football

By Gabe Brooks | Monday, January 25, 2010, 06:50 PM

Gilmer QB Darian “Stump” Godfrey was named the 2009 Mr. Texas Football by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine with the release of the publication’s winter edition.

Godfrey, who led Gilmer to a 15-0 run to the Class 3A Division I state championship, was named QB of the All-Texas High School Team. Other East Texas selections were Arp safety LaVocheya Cooper, Van defensive lineman Jacoby Alexander, and Cayuga’s Malcome Kennedy, who was listed as a utility player.

The final Texas Football magazine top 25 polls included Longview at No. 3 in 4A, Gilmer at No. 1 in 3A, Carthage at No. 2 in 3A, Daingerfield No. 1 in 2A, Arp at No. 8 in 2A, and Cayuga at No. 1 in 1A.

Auburn signed one of the number one JUCO qbs Cameron Newton from Blinn.
That is correct. The offense they are running is a QB and WR dream. They will get the top talent to come there. I think Stump can learn and compete with the best of them. If he can't then go the Jevon Snead route.

He still hasnt decided...is taking his time and sifting thru the offers. Has another visit scheduled this weekend. I also noticed Smoaky.com doesnt have all the schools that have offered. There is ALOT! Everyone is being super hush hush about the schools and where he might be leaning. He's going about this the right way and taking his time....of course my fingers are crossed for TCU :thumbsup: