Lane Kiffin to take USC job...

tifire85

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/322408-...lacement-at-usc

He hasn't been offered the job yet, and with his assistants bailing on him at UT, why would they want him ? There's also talk that Sarkisian wants to go, but he hasn't been contacted : http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4816109

Who'd want the job is my take. I'm sure somebody will. I think Sarkisian wants the job more than Lil' Lane Kiffin.

Kiffin is definetly one of the least honorable coaches in all of sports. I wonder if he knows he was the 4th choice??

This also proves with USC hiring him that they care nothing about the NCAA and what could and should happen to them for there antics the last several years with players receiving extrta benefits. Carroll got them put on probation more than likely and Kiffin will keep them there.

Seriously can anybody tell me what this guy has done to deserve the high profile jobs he has gotten in the past 4 years? Just because he was two blocked FGs away from beating Alabama doesn't over shadow his 7-6 record from this year.

IMO its more or less Monte Kiffin getting the DC job and bringing in lane lol. But seriously Lane goes 5-8 MAYBE without his dad running the D this past season. Look for him to do very well in the pac 10 and with the athletes USC has and will continue to get. He is not a classy hire but i like the excitement he brings. A shake up is good for USC IMO.

Back to Muschamp if Mack sat down with him man to man and gave him a time table of less than 2 years he should stay. But if Mack cant be honest and tell you or its longer than that dont give up the chance to coach a well respected SEC school. I know thats not what some Texas fans want to hear but the truth is Muschamp is WAY to good of a coach to play second man behind Mack for the next 4 or 5 years. Texas needs to get Muschamp in after next season or start thinking of a backup plan for when Muschamp jumps ship.

Seriously can anybody tell me what this guy has done to deserve the high profile jobs he has gotten in the past 4 years? Just because he was two blocked FGs away from beating Alabama doesn't over shadow his 7-6 record from this year.

Exactly, he hasn't proven he can win big as a HC, I guess he did well as an assistant coach at USC a few years back, but surely they could have gotten someone with more experience winning as a HC. This is a top program in the nation, any coach would love to have this job. I guess we will see soon enough how he will do.

IMO its more or less Monte Kiffin getting the DC job and bringing in lane lol. But seriously Lane goes 5-8 MAYBE without his dad running the D this past season. Look for him to do very well in the pac 10 and with the athletes USC has and will continue to get. He is not a classy hire but i like the excitement he brings. A shake up is good for USC IMO.

Back to Muschamp if Mack sat down with him man to man and gave him a time table of less than 2 years he should stay. But if Mack cant be honest and tell you or its longer than that dont give up the chance to coach a well respected SEC school. I know thats not what some Texas fans want to hear but the truth is Muschamp is WAY to good of a coach to play second man behind Mack for the next 4 or 5 years. Texas needs to get Muschamp in after next season or start thinking of a backup plan for when Muschamp jumps ship.

Sorry guys...Wrong tread lol Ignore the bottom

This deserves its own thread.

What in the world is going on in sports these days. Do commitments and contracts not mean anything anymore?

I have to give you kudo's. When I woke up, picked up the morning paper, got into my ride to the Airport, turned to the sportspage of the Birmingham News, boom Lil' Wayne Kiffin became the HC at USC. :notworthy: :thumbsup:

It was on the frontpage of the page that I always read first. I think they brought in a lackey, that is a bunch of talk, but we'll see. I saw that Norm Chow isn't changing from UCLA to direct the offense at USC. http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/01/1...tays-with-ucla/

So Lane has got some work cut out for him, because nobody wants to work with him, except his pappy. I wonder how many more athletes will be on probation from USC, once Lil' Wayne Kiffin gets his hands on the program.

Like it or not, its a good move for Kiffin. USC will continue to have top talent in the nation.

SEC nation can't get over the fact that a coach would leave the almighty SEC for USC.

kiffin is the only person the move is good for.

tennessee should be thrilled/unsurprised kiffin bailed...i heard he had been sending woman to recruits houses????

kiffin is the only person the move is good for.

tennessee should be thrilled/unsurprised kiffin bailed...i heard he had been sending woman to recruits houses????

They were doing what a lot of Universities do on that front. Alabama got rid of their Bama Belles over what Kiffin was doing. Auburn had their Tiger Prowl this past year.

Lil' Lane only took advantage of his hostesses. It's been going on for years, now people are finding out about it.

Lane Kiffin Is A Great Coach And Why Wouldnt He Want To Coach At Usc.....Thats Just Like His Home Yall Must Of Forgot When Kiffin How Successful He Was Has An Oc At Usc And He Had A Great First Year At Tennessee And Its Just Like If Yall Was A Head Coach For A High School Football Team But Then The High School You Graduated From Want You To Come Coach.......Yall Is Going To Most Likely Leave....So I Understand Why He Did It

They were doing what a lot of Universities do on that front. Alabama got rid of their Bama Belles over what Kiffin was doing. Auburn had their Tiger Prowl this past year.

Lil' Lane only took advantage of his hostesses. It's been going on for years, now people are finding out about it.

It's one thing to "entertain" recruits who are on campus with the "belles"... It is quite another thing to pay hostesses to go 200 miles away to woo a recruit. That's over the top, IMO

Lane Kiffin Is A Great Coach And Why Wouldnt He Want To Coach At Usc.....Thats Just Like His Home Yall Must Of Forgot When Kiffin How Successful He Was Has An Oc At Usc And He Had A Great First Year At Tennessee And Its Just Like If Yall Was A Head Coach For A High School Football Team But Then The High School You Graduated From Want You To Come Coach.......Yall Is Going To Most Likely Leave....So I Understand Why He Did It

What has Lane Kiffin done as a Head Coach that makes him a great coach. He failed with the Raiders, and outside of playing 'Bama close, he failed at Tennessee. I'm not against the man. I just haven't seen production with him in the lead role.

What has Lane Kiffin done as a Head Coach that makes him a great coach. He failed with the Raiders, and outside of playing 'Bama close, he failed at Tennessee. I'm not against the man. I just haven't seen production with him in the lead role.

i said coach but Nick Saban Failed In The Nfl So Did Pete Carroll And as a matter of fact Nick Saban when 7-6 his first year at alabama the same record Kiffin had as a first year head coach so You Cant Base No One Off One Season But His Success Goes Back To When He Was A OC At Usc Under Pete Carroll From 05 thru 06 he was the one who recruited Reggie bush And Lindale White And Matt Leinart and the kids loves his attitude thats why he recruit so well........you can say he has failed when he hasnt had the chance

i said coach but Nick Saban Failed In The Nfl So Did Pete Carroll And as a matter of fact Nick Saban when 7-6 his first year at alabama the same record Kiffin had as a first year head coach so You Cant Base No One Off One Season But His Success Goes Back To When He Was A OC At Usc Under Pete Carroll From 05 thru 06 he was the one who recruited Reggie bush And Lindale White And Matt Leinart and the kids loves his attitude thats why he recruit so well........you can say he has failed when he hasnt had the chance

He also hasn't given himself a chance. Jumping ship every year or two isn't the way to build your resume or legacy. I would've had a lot more respect had he stayed at Tennessee. They really weren't too far away from turning that program back into a powerhouse again.

He also hasn't given himself a chance. Jumping ship every year or two isn't the way to build your resume or legacy. I would've had a lot more respect had he stayed at Tennessee. They really weren't too far away from turning that program back into a powerhouse again.

So Would It Be Wrong If Will Mushchamp Had Took That Job At Tennessee And Then The Next Year Mack Brown Retired So Will Went Back To Coach At Texas After Staying At Tennessee A Year