1. 1. Your Pick

• Saints
    • Colts

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's history my man, history..................... :sleeping:

That's exactly right! You bring up history and deny when someone else does. Too bad you can't escape it. Nothing like a Cowboy beat-down on the Saints. I would much rather have Dallas' history than your team. How many SB's have ya'll won?

Now that's a history to behold.

If the Saints go on and win the superbowl, they will look back at the one loss on their record that bothers them the most. 24-17 Dallas Cowboys and Tony Romo in the Superdome!

You got to be kidding! If they win the Superbowl, that game won't even cross their minds! :rofl:

That's exactly right! You bring up history and deny when someone else does. Too bad you can't escape it. Nothing like a Cowboy beat-down on the Saints. I would much rather have Dallas' history than your team. How many SB's have ya'll won?

Now that's a history to behold.

No my friend, YOU brought up history talking about the cowboys beating the SAINTS. Get it together man.

Let's see, they beat up Warner, they beat up Favre, Saints will win.

I did not think you played Arizona this last week...... It looked like you were comparing the good qb's that N.O. beat. You had left out one that ya'll did not beat. Just say'n.

Any team that wins the SB should reflect on what they have accomplished. But N.O. will remember the one game that took their wheels off. You can bank it.

I did not think you played Arizona this last week...... It looked like you were comparing the good qb's that N.O. beat. You had left out one that ya'll did not beat. Just say'n.

Any team that wins the SB should reflect on what they have accomplished. But N.O. will remember the one game that took their wheels off. You can bank it.

Playoff games I was talking about. Come on man..............! You sound like a politician, making it up as you go. :coolio:

Don't think it will cross their minds when they are admiring the Trophy. :happy65:

i can't stand saints fans because of this...No one ever hears from them until they have seasons like this or the one in '06.

I honestly didn't know the saints even had fans until after hurricane katrina...that's not a knock on anyone...that's just the facts.

BTW, the irony will be...the MVP of the super bowl in both of the saints greatest season's in their franchise history will be payton manning.

JV, have you ever thought that if the cowboys had fans like the SAINTS have had for years, they might be a better team. (with an offensive line) The SAINTS fans have stuck with them some terrible years. cowboy fans would drop them quicker than you could say WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like Tony "Ohno" remembers all the seasons that took his wheels off. Including Favre and the Vikings this year.

That's kinda sorry!!! After what those people have been through (including my family), they deserve every second of the next 2 weeks.

It's been 4 1/2 years, it's time to forget about Katrina. You don't see the residents of Galveston, Beaumont, Freeport, Lake Jackson, or any of the Texas coast whining. I've visited the Gulf Coast since both hurricanes have hit, and they seem to be rebuilding quite nicely.

Back to the topic at hand, I have the Colts winning on a last two minute drive with Peyton leading the way to a 42 - 38 victory. Favre handed yesterdays game to the Saints. I'll go with a native son of New Orleans, who has done a lot of good for the New Orleans region (post Katrina). Go Colts !

i can't stand saints fans because of this...No one ever hears from them until they have seasons like this or the one in '06.

I honestly didn't know the saints even had fans until after hurricane katrina...that's not a knock on anyone...that's just the facts.

BTW, the irony will be...the MVP of the super bowl in both of the saints greatest season's in their franchise history will be payton manning.

That's because they're cheering for the Cowboys. That's why the noise level was so low when the Cowboys were there on Dec. 19th.

What's wrong with Saints fans that isn't wrong with Cowboys fans?

Well, people are people and I've seen and heard a lot of ignorant Cowboy fans over the years. All teams have 'em.

The strange thing to me is that when the Saints have finally put together a really good team, their fans primary mode of celebrating has been by trash talking the Cowboys. They seem to enjoy that even more than talking up their own team. I'm sure that this is because of a 42 year inferiority complex. There have probably always been more Cowboys fans than Saint fans in Lousiana and I'm sure that's irked 'em. And if you are one of the hard core Saints fans I guess it would be hard to watch your neighbors to the west build one of the NFL's elite heritages while the heritage of your own team, aside from the occassional winning season, has been that of consistant bottom dweller.

I guess maybe it was always one of those one-way rivalries that Cowboy fans weren't even aware of. I really never noticed them before. I always thought of the Saints kinda like the Lions, just irrelevant. I know that I've trash talked 'em this year after reading Saint fans trash talking posts, but I really never thought one way or the other about New Orleans before this year. That's cool, it's been kinda fun. Maybe if both teams can stay successful by winning their respective divisions and making the playoffs for a few years, we can develop one of those great regional rivalries. I would have no problem with that. The Saints actually even have one more win than the Cowboys this decade - 83 to 82, so maybe it's time.

Congrats to the Saints on finally making it to the Superbowl. That now leaves the Lions as the only NFC team to never play in the big show.

I can tell you one thing from experience. I remember every one of the 16 NFC Championship games the Cowboys have played in, the 8 wins and the 8 losses. I also remember like yesterday the 8 Superbowls the Cowboys have played in, the 5 wins and the 3 losses. I guarantee you that as much as it hurts to lose a NFC Championship and fall one game short of the Superbowl, it is nothing compared to the agony of getting all the way to the SB and losing there. Those stay with you for life.

I'll be a good sport and wish you good luck against Indy, you're gonna need it. :thumbsup:

lombardi.gif

^^^ I can't remember who did the interview or which Saint was being interviewed (so I'm sure I'll get called a liar), but yesterday on ESPN the interviewer made the comment that New Orleans was now America's Team. I don't know what he meant by it or even what has always been meant by the Cowboys being America's Team.....but I did see that. Maybe somebody can help me out with who it was.

^^^ I can't remember who did the interview or which Saint was being interviewed (so I'm sure I'll get called a liar), but yesterday on ESPN the interviewer made the comment that New Orleans was now America's Team. I don't know what he meant by it or even what has always been meant by the Cowboys being America's Team.....but I did see that. Maybe somebody can help me out with who it was.

Didn't see it but I'm sure they're talking about the whole rising up from Katrina thing. I don't doubt that you heard it.

As far as the Cowboys being America's Team, it's a popularity thing. That moniker was created by NFL films in 1978. Tex Schram loved it but most of the Cowboy players hated it because they felt like it put a target on them. It made sense because at the time, if I remember right, Cowboys gear was outselling the other 27 NFL teams combined in the US. They are still #1 in US sales most years, but not by the margin they were then.

However, in worldwide sales, even today I believe Cowboys merchandise still outsells the other 31 NFL teams combined.

I read on someones facebook page the other day that on the 7th day god created America's Team the Dallas Cowboys on 8th day he created a huge septic tank and called it New Orleans and on the 9th day he created the New Orleans Saints and he stated, if one more hurricane hits, you will be moved to California.

You can start my suspension Colmesneilfan1.

You said both of these teams were done. The Cowboys got whipped by the Vikings, I'm still licking those wounds. We can't brag if we don't have a horse in the show.

No where can you show that I ever said both of these teams were done. Read carefully from the top. I clarified exactly what I was saying.