Region 3 Baseball

zippy45

This region has tough teams like Harleton, Trinity, New Waverly, White Oak, and Central Heights. Post any information about any team in Region 3 you think is important (Returning starters, pitchers, potential, etc.). Good luck all teams!

This region has tough teams like Harleton, Trinity, New Waverly, White Oak, and Central Heights. Post any information about any team in Region 3 you think is important (Returning starters, pitchers, potential, etc.). Good luck all teams!

Quinlan Boles and Tenaha are loaded!!

Harleton comes back fully loaded, they lost their right fielder, and DH to graduation. We "should" be tough to beat. Getting beat by district rival WO in the regional finals left a bitter taste in their mouths.

WO, bring back six starters I believe. They lost their No 1 and No 2 pitchers, but have a very good pitcher returning.. Losing in the State finals has them wanting more.

Don't count out a very, very scrappy Harmony team. They will make some noise in the playoffs most likely.. They bring back ALL nine starters..

Harmony beat 3 out of the 4 regional semi finalists last year, and they return every starter and all the pitchers as well. I do believe the winner of this region runs through 18-AA

The one team the Harmony did not play was New Waverly. This group beat Trinity twice in district, had White Oak down in the series 1-0 and was leading 6-1 in the second game. WO went on to defeat Harleton definitively. I'm seeing New Waverly in the Regional Finals. As for the other Regional finalist, I see the winner of 18-AA there battling NW for a trip to Austin.

The one team the Harmony did not play was New Waverly. This group beat Trinity twice in district, had White Oak down in the series 1-0 and was leading 6-1 in the second game. WO went on to defeat Harleton definitively. I'm seeing New Waverly in the Regional Finals. As for the other Regional finalist, I see the winner of 18-AA there battling NW for a trip to Austin.

I agree in full

VERY TOUGH REGION..LOOK FOR MOST OF THE PLAYOFF TEAMS FROM LAST YEAR TO RETURN AGAIN IN 2010. IVE GOT ?'s CONCERNING CENTRAL HIEGHTS THO, THEY WILL RELOAD FOR SURE BUT LOST 2 GREAT LEADERS LAST YEAR IN 2 KEY ROLES (MAIN PITCHER & CATCHER). YOUNG TEAM FROM NEW WAVERLY RETURNING EVERYONE FROM LAST YEAR-SHOULD END UP IN AUSTIN..REGION 3 SLEEPER IS HARMONY-WILL HEAR GOOD THINGS FROM THEM WITH ALL STARTERS RETURNING..JEFFERSON COULD SNEAK UP ON YOU AS WELL AS NEW DIANA..HARLETON & WHITE OAK WILL GET ALOT OF ATTENTION. BOTH TEAMS RETURNING ALOT OF PLAYERS WITH DISTRICT,EAST TEXAS, & STATE HONORS. BOTH TEAMS HAVE PROBABLY THE BEST MIDDLE INFIELDERS IN THE REGION IN LOYD & EVANS. MOST OF THE BIG NAME PITCHERS FROM THE REGION HAVE MOVED ON SO LOOK FOR ALOT OF NEW NAMES TO MAKE BIG HEADLINES.JEFFERSON, NEW DIANA & WHITE OAK WILL HAVE PITCHERS RETURNING THAT WERE HURT LAST YEAR.

THSBCA Rankings in that order.

2A:

BISHOP

PONDER

WHITE OAK

BROCK

SHALLOWATER

SCHLUENBERG

GUNTER

ROGERS

PRESIDO

NEW WAVERLY

SUPRISED TO SEE THAT HARLETON DIDINT MAKE THE TOP 10....SUPRISED TO SEE NEW WAVERLY SO LOW..NO SUPRISE TO SEE PONDER AT THE TOP..WHITE OAK RANKED A BIT TO HIGH...JUST SHOWS YOU THE GREAT TALENT/ TEAMS IN THE AREA

A 3A team that is bringing back a lot is Crockett. They lost one to graduation and will loose two to graduation this year. One of the two Srs. start. As the drop to 2A next year, should be interesting how far they go in baseball with 2A basketball dynasties like the ones mentioned.

Working on Masters

TRINITY AND HARMONY WILL BE IN THE PLAYOFFS FOR SURE..HARMONY RETURNS EVERYONE..NOT SURE HOW FAR TRINITY WILL GO..DIDINT THEY LOOSE SUM GOOD PLAYERS???

Trinity lost six seniors. They lost Jamie Drake who was their best pitcher. Texas2abaseball.com predicts they won't even make the playoffs. As for Harmony, I agree they'll make the playoffs fairly easily.

Crockett is dropping to 2A?

White Oak has a JENKINS!!!

Was told last night that Overton was #1 in the new poll, followed at #2 by Miles. Didn't get the rest. Can anyone clarify. Ty Cobb? Triple Play? Waterdog? Anyone???

good luck to the mustangs this year! can't wait to see who has been working and who has been lazy. should be high levels of comp. at every position. can't wait 2 c who's up 4 da test!