Looking for game 2010-2011

Bullet1

Just heard that Joaquin HS ( 1A, enrollment 201) is looking for games to complete their tenative football schedule for 2010 & 2011. They need weeks 2,3,4 and possible week 5. Also looking for both scrimmages. I don't understand why other teams won't schedule them, I have watched them play, they have average 1A athletes, not much size or speed.

Probably since they are one of the true double wing teams left in the state. Have to come up with a defense of the week to defend it. Only time all year you will see it, and won't get better at your own base defense. I like what they do in joaquin but would rather not have to mess with defending it once a year. Too many spread teams to have to prepare for on the schedule. They are average 1a athletes but Coach Gandy has them tougher than an old boot, disciplined like the military, and if you put those two qualities in a double wing , WATCH OUT.

Heard it was easy to defend only need to key one person.

2003 8-4-0 281-265 Wayne Gandy Lost to Bosqueville, Beat Top 5 ranked Harleton that year.

2004 8-3-0 358-231 Wayne Gandy Lost to State Semifinalist Big Sandy

2005 9-2-0 462-144 Wayne Gandy Lost to State Finalist Big Sandy ( Year referred too in post before, dominated #1 hemphill)

2006 9-3-0 331-158 Wayne Gandy Lost to Wolfe City

2007 10-3-0 505-267 Wayne Gandy Lost to State Champ Alto

2008 4-6-0 292-242 Wayne Gandy Lost to Alto, Major Rebuilding Year

2009 11-3-0 481-211 Wayne Gandy State Semifinalist- Lost to State Champ Goldthwaite.

Seems to me that there have been alot of people who were unable to stop it, if its so easy?

2003 8-4-0 281-265 Wayne Gandy Lost to Bosqueville, Beat Top 5 ranked Harleton that year.

2004 8-3-0 358-231 Wayne Gandy Lost to State Semifinalist Big Sandy

2005 9-2-0 462-144 Wayne Gandy Lost to State Finalist Big Sandy ( Year referred too in post before, dominated #1 hemphill)

2006 9-3-0 331-158 Wayne Gandy Lost to Wolfe City

2007 10-3-0 505-267 Wayne Gandy Lost to State Champ Alto

2008 4-6-0 292-242 Wayne Gandy Lost to Alto, Major Rebuilding Year

2009 11-3-0 481-211 Wayne Gandy State Semifinalist- Lost to State Champ Goldthwaite.

Seems to me that there have been alot of people who were unable to stop it, if its so easy?

Seems you forgot 2002 Lost to State Finalist Celeste

Yes, Guess I Cut my copy and paste off too quick Thanks..

and Red90Fly,

Personally I dont see it being a bad idea to schedule Alto in a preseason game. There is nothing wrong with playing good competition non district. It sure as hek would be better than playing White Oak.. Only negative side to it, is having to drive to Pakistan, and Back to Play.

Shedule Alto for a non-distirct game.

A couple of you Joaquin fans talk so much trash about us ( punisher and number51 ) well, here's your chance. but I doubt it happens! :sorcerer:

I think there's gonna be a Alto-Tenaha game but I'm currently in the process of double checking.

Yea I hope we get to see it HemphillSting..

as for Joaquin. Any Idea what we will have next year? I realize we are losing a large class with around 8 All District Players in Rico, Taylor, Bloodgood, Leflett, Harville, Hughes, McDaniel, and Lewis?.... Thats a pretty big Ouch, but I mean we do have back the majority of the line, and some backs that got quite a bit of running time, and then McSwain which has been startin as a freshman, and will definitely have to be the leader.