2009 All-Smoaky.com H.S. Football Team

Smoaky

Dear Membership,

I release the 2009 All-Smoaky.com High School Football Team with great pride and deep regret.

The pride of knowing Greater-East Texas is loaded with incredible student-athletes, pride in knowing we think of our region as ONE, regardless of Classification, and pride in knowing East Texas produced more state championships, memories, traditions, state records, and stars.

But there is also regret knowing the challenge of selecting a team is very difficult and perhaps even impossible.

As you can imagine, The All-Smoaky.com Team is a massive undertaking, starting with nominations from coaches and fans, to the process of double-checking the information for the integrity of the team.

I appreciate those of you who helped throughout the process, and hope you know in your heart that I tried to do my best in honoring your players, coaches, and programs.

Although I'm sure there will be disappointment with some names left out, it wasn't for a lack of effort, time, and thorough research.

I love East Texas High School Football, and I'm proud of the history and tradition.

From my early math, 59-separate high school programs will have at least one player on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Team on offense, defense, or special teams.

There are some really great high school players who aren't on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Teams, but with a coverage area of 140-plus teams, it's hard to include everyone, although we tried.

Carthage leads the way with 12-selections, not including honorable mention or the Superlatives.

Daingerfield and Gilmer both have 9-selections, Longview has 8, John Tyler and Tyler Lee have 7 each, Cayuga and Pittsburg has 5, Sulphur Springs, Pleasant Grove, Joaquin all have 4.

Click this link for all the categories and The Team:

http://www.smoaky.com/allsmoaky/allsmoakywinners09.php

Thank you for another great year.

David Smoak

[email protected]

I've had some of you ask if you could make comments, and of course you can.

I know this team and the selections won't appease everyone, but that's not what we're here to do.

We tried a selection process that would the integrity of the team...which is as I mentioned in the opening remarks, nearly impossible so many great players and not enough positions to fill.

David Smoak

And, as some of you have done by email, your feedback and comments are more than welcome.

So far, I appreciate the support...and it's been good to answer a couple of questions about the selection process by email too.

If you want to post questions here, that's fine too.

David Smoak

So why isn't Ben Adams on first team?? Look at his stats and it tells you all you need to know. He's a junior not a senior

Robin, Mrs. Adams, Mom,

I appreciate the response, comment, opinion, and question all rolled into one.

I will respond to your question asking you a question.

If I added Ben Adams "first team," who should I take off?

1st-Team:

Jacob Jenkins, Sr., Gilmer, Graded 92%, 55-Pancake Blocks.

Beau Carpenter, Sr., Sulphur Springs, Graded 91%, 49-Pancake Blocks, 20 cut blocks.

2nd-Team:

Gerron Anthony, Sr., John Tyler, Graded 86% for an offense that averaged 443-yards per game.

Shayvion Hatten, Jr., Daingerfield, 32-Pancake Blocks, 18-Knockdown Blocks, Graded 90%

Stats aren't the only measuring stick for All-Smoaky.com.

Thank you.

David Smoak

This is Ben Adams, just to clear things up. I'm fine with what place i got on the all east texas team, because i understand east texas is loaded with great athletes. However, i would like to point out that i AM a junior, like robin said. It seems that just about everyone has gotten that one wrong, even Dave Campbell's Texas football magazine.

This is Ben Adams, just to clear things up. I'm fine with what place i got on the all east texas team, because i understand east texas is loaded with great athletes. However, i would like to point out that i AM a junior, like robin said. It seems that just about everyone has gotten that one wrong, even Dave Campbell's Texas football magazine.

Ben,

Thanks for posting.

I have changed your class to junior, not sure how I got senior based on the nominations sent to me.

Meanwhile, I've included your name, with height, weight, and 40-time in our Top Prospects List for 2011.

Keep me informed of your recruitment.

Thank you.

David Smoak

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...