3. Whitehouse

4. Mt. Pleasant

5. Henderson

6. Hallsville

7. Chapel Hill

8. Kilgore

9. Nacogdoches

10. Texas High

How did you figure PT ahead of Kilgore and Longview on the boys side? Didnt kilgore beat them? And im nost 100 % but didnt Longview beat them as well? PT is wayyyy down this year.

How did you figure PT ahead of Kilgore and Longview on the boys side? Didnt kilgore beat them? And im nost 100 % but didnt Longview beat them as well? PT is wayyyy down this year.

You can throw that top 10 out the window. Longview beat mt.pleasant and kilgore but lost to henderson and pinetree. Kilgore beat pinetree. Pinetree tied Pittsburg. Kilgore and Longview beat pittsburg. Marshall beat henderson. Keep Lindale on top but the next 9 can be a different team every tuesday and friday, except for Jacksonville.

You are as good as your last game, and I believe that is how rankings in most sports work. PT boys beat Longview, and Longview beat Kilgore last week. Mt. Pleasant is winning right now, and Jacksonville is doing the same. You can't base a rank on scores a month ago because things change all the time. New results New Ranks!!

You are as good as your last game, and I believe that is how rankings in most sports work. PT boys beat Longview, and Longview beat Kilgore last week. Mt. Pleasant is winning right now, and Jacksonville is doing the same. You can't base a rank on scores a month ago because things change all the time. New results New Ranks!!

Mt.pleasant was winning in Jan. I think their only loss in jan was to lindale and longview. But you are indeed correct on the comment "you are as good as your last game" .

jax will win the district. palestine got lucky the first time and having to play at the BOWl again will be the clincher. i guess palestine hasnt played home at all this year.

How many years now has Palestine been getting lucky at the "BOWl"? Seems like someone says that every year?

jax will win the district. palestine got lucky the first time and having to play at the BOWl again will be the clincher. i guess palestine hasnt played home at all this year.

Your right palestine hasn't played at home one game this year. But it hasnt stopped them from playing well. Palestine has been playing to the level of there opponents all year, and i dont think them having to play jax in the "BOWL" again will bother them at all.

I agree Jacksonville started out slow but are coming around. Palestine must be better than what Buff is saying. Palestine has been playing a lot of games on the road as well. That will help them down the road. Nac must be down this year or Jville is getting a lot better. Jville or Palestine for the district title.

Just for the sake of accuracy, Palestine has been playing ALL their games on the road...not just "a lot" of their games on the road. Lets just hope the Palestine administration and new athletic director in all their wisdom finds a way to get Palestine some home games. (They will, of course. After all, Coach Angel was brought in to help build a well-rounded athletic program, not just to win a Football State Championship, right? That includes soccer doesn't it?) Otherwise, there is no "help down the road."

You can throw that top 10 out the window. Longview beat mt.pleasant and kilgore but lost to henderson and pinetree. Kilgore beat pinetree. Pinetree tied Pittsburg. Kilgore and Longview beat pittsburg. Marshall beat henderson. Keep Lindale on top but the next 9 can be a different team every tuesday and friday, except for Jacksonville.

Agreed, all this thread really is is something to keep us occupied until playoffs, which is needed, or else all we would have is "watching"(for lack of a better word) toohot rip on Lawless everytime something is said! So however entertaining this may be it doesn't matter a single bit until the Playoffs.

Agreed, all this thread really is is something to keep us occupied until playoffs, which is needed, or else all we would have is "watching"(for lack of a better word) toohot rip on Lawless everytime something is said! So however entertaining this may be it doesn't matter a single bit until the Playoffs.

So, why did you even comment if it doesn't matter? Your post opened my eyes and now I feel a lot better because now I know none of the games matter until the playoffs.

So, why did you even comment if it doesn't matter? Your post opened my eyes and now I feel a lot better because now I know none of the games matter until the playoffs.

I agree. I think you make those assumptions. Just because a team beat another team does not make them better. I was jsut saying i think people are giving PT to much credit this year, its not the same as last year they should be down that list. Longview not to far ahead of them either.

In secret's defense, I believe you were complimented for providing some needed entertainment. Hopefully all would agree that rankings do not matter (this is not D1 college football). No one (except you) said that the games don't matter

I agree. I think you make those assumptions. Just because a team beat another team does not make them better. I was jsut saying i think people are giving PT to much credit this year, its not the same as last year they should be down that list. Longview not to far ahead of them either.

PT did lose at lot of talent this year, but they are still in 1st place in their district. They have already

beaten Longview, Palestine, Marshall, Hallsville, and Last years State finalist Mesquite Poteet. They did

lose to Jacksonville and Kilgore when they had 2 or 3 starters out from injuries. The Longview game

they won was the first game since they played In Frisco all of the starters played. They are also missing

a player that has been in Florida.

I was at the Longview vs Pine Tree game and Pine Tree is still a top team in East Texas even though they

are not as good as they were last year.

PT did lose at lot of talent this year, but they are still in 1st place in their district. They have already

beaten Longview, Palestine, Marshall, Hallsville, and Last years State finalist Mesquite Poteet. They did

lose to Jacksonville and Kilgore when they had 2 or 3 starters out from injuries. The Longview game

they won was the first game since they played In Frisco all of the starters played. They are also missing

a player that has been in Florida.

I was at the Longview vs Pine Tree game and Pine Tree is still a top team in East Texas even though they

are not as good as they were last year.

Well thats good i just watched them play awhile ago and just wasnt impressed as i usually am. They are good dont get me wrong just no where near where they have been in the past.

In secret's defense, I believe you were complimented for providing some needed entertainment. Hopefully all would agree that rankings do not matter (this is not D1 college football). No one (except you) said that the games don't matter

Thank you red, that is exactly what i meant. The games before playoffs do matter, no one in their right mind would say otherwise. I was merely talking about a ranking system that has no real effect, except to stir up controversy, which it has. But is very entertaining i might add.

Yeah i heard that Palestine hopes to play their second round of district games at home with their field being ready! if not, i would find another place to play rather than keep playing road games! Come on Buff you gotta pull it out!

Palestine will be playing in palestine for the last 4 games, about time!!

New Feb 22nd 4A

Boys

1. Lindale

2. Mt. Pleasant

3. Jacksonville

4. Pine Tree

5. Longview

6. Kilgore

7. Palestine

8. Hallsville

9. Henderson

10. Marshall

Girls

1. Pine Tree

2. Longview

3. Whitehouse

4. Mt. Pleasant

5. Henderson

6. Hallsville

7. Chapel Hill

8. Kilgore

9. Nacogdoches

10. Texas High

On the girls side, the rankings look pretty good (I might tweak the 2nd five a little). Pine Tree probably deserves the top spot by virtue of their win over Longview, but Longview may be the most talented team.

On the girls side, the rankings look pretty good (I might tweak the 2nd five a little). Pine Tree probably deserves the top spot by virtue of their win over Longview, but Longview may be the most talented team.

Pine Tree girls deserve Number 1. They are unbeaten through the first round.

I will have to disagree with you there. I believe PT is the most talented team in that district. I have seen both play many times.

I will have to disagree with you there. I believe PT is the most talented team in that district. I have seen both play many times.[/quo

PT is playing well, Longview is playing well, who's the most talented?, that could be debated all day. PT wins round one so we will give them credit. Great first half, five more to go. Good luck to all