A&M is number 1 in something...

Immortal13

the same people who made the court in Austin made the one in College Station... Just personal opinion on this matter...

But as far as A&M being number one, stick around until the spring mortal. A&M is going to repeat as National Champs in both Men and Women track.

oooh, I'm drooling with anticipation....lol

Well for someone who loves talking smack about how inferior the A&M athletic department is compared to Texas i just thought i would point out to you that A&M will probably end up winning more National Championships this year than Texas... Im not talking trash about Texas but before you pull up post you should realize there is more to athletics than just football. A&M is better right now in men women track, Golf, Womens basketball, and closely matched in softball. I would say as a whole that A&M athletic department is on the same level as all mighty Texas. 2 straight lonestar showdown trophies and more team national titles in the last 2 years is all the case thats needs to be made for it. A&M may never be the football power that Texas is, but that doesnt make them second in terms of a athletic department.

Don't forget meat-judging WET.....lol. I think A&M has won the NC in that sport every year.

I have to agree with H-town that Co. St's court is uglier than aggy's.

lol. I know what you are implying but play fair. Sure those are not the "big" sports but if Texas had won titles in those sports last year you would have talked about it like it was just one more notch in the belt that makes Texas "better than everyone." Since it was A&M that won them however they are meaningless. We can have a discussion that Texas is head over heals better than A&M at football and ill agree, but right now as a whole A&M is winning the in state rivalry. I actually think you can add mens basketball to that as well. I know Texas is higher ranked abd won the head head in OT but A&M is tied for second in the big 12 right now. If they beat Texas at home and finish 2nd or 3rd in conference i think you have to put them ahead of Texas regardless of AP ranking.

lol. I know what you are implying but play fair. Sure those are not the "big" sports but if Texas had won titles in those sports last year you would have talked about it like it was just one more notch in the belt that makes Texas "better than everyone." Since it was A&M that won them however they are meaningless. We can have a discussion that Texas is head over heals better than A&M at football and ill agree, but right now as a whole A&M is winning the in state rivalry. I actually think you can add mens basketball to that as well. I know Texas is higher ranked abd won the head head in OT but A&M is tied for second in the big 12 right now. If they beat Texas at home and finish 2nd or 3rd in conference i think you have to put them ahead of Texas regardless of AP ranking.

Let's not get ahead of ourself here. I think I'll wait till the season's over to decide who's better in bball. Don't forget baseball now either!

Let's not get ahead of ourself here. I think I'll wait till the season's over to decide who's better in bball. Don't forget baseball now either!

The point i was trying to make is that Texas is better in only football Baseball and mayyyybe basketball. Everything else is a close match every year with the last couple of years being in A&Ms favor.

1. texas is horrible at the line...i went outside today and hit 16 free throws in a row...ask myself..."now how freakin hard is that?" and went inside.

2. ATM does everything in their power to 1 up texas. it says an obvious imitation of the texas court, but their logo is SO big on it...and i promise if one of my friends that attend ATM tell me one more time how their videoboard is bigger than the one at DKR i'm gonna punch someone in the face.

Well for someone who loves talking smack about how inferior the A&M athletic department is compared to Texas i just thought i would point out to you that A&M will probably end up winning more National Championships this year than Texas... Im not talking trash about Texas but before you pull up post you should realize there is more to athletics than just football. A&M is better right now in men women track, Golf, Womens basketball, and closely matched in softball. I would say as a whole that A&M athletic department is on the same level as all mighty Texas. 2 straight lonestar showdown trophies and more team national titles in the last 2 years is all the case thats needs to be made for it. A&M may never be the football power that Texas is, but that doesnt make them second in terms of a athletic department.

Now WETSU, you have to remember that in the three major sports we all or almost all care about in this country, football, baseball and basketball, UT is superior to A&M. To me, those sports carry more weight than track or women's basketball.

With that said, I wish UT were better in those sports and do admire A&M for winning national championships in men's and women's track in the same year last year and both being the favorites to repeat as champs this year. That is very impressive and a positive thing for TAMU athletics.

Now, UT played in the national championship game in football this year. We all know how that turned out, but we also all know that the leader of our team was sidelined and the outcome MAY have been different had Colt not gotten injured. Alabama is an awesome team and won that game fair and square. I am very pleased with the heart and fight UT showed in being able to come back and threaten to win the game behind a true freshman QB in GG.

UT is the preseason #1 team in baseball this year and is the favorite to win the national championship this season.

UT was ranked #1 at one point this season in bball, but as you know, have recently lost their mojo and swagger on the court so we'll have to see if they can right the ship. By the way, good win for OU yesterday.

Now WETSU, you have to remember that in the three major sports we all or almost all care about in this country, football, baseball and basketball, UT is superior to A&M. To me, those sports carry more weight than track or women's basketball.

With that said, I wish UT were better in those sports and do admire A&M for winning national championships in men's and women's track in the same year last year and both being the favorites to repeat as champs this year. That is very impressive and a positive thing for TAMU athletics.

Now, UT played in the national championship game in football this year. We all know how that turned out, but we also all know that the leader of our team was sidelined and the outcome MAY have been different had Colt not gotten injured. Alabama is an awesome team and won that game fair and square. I am very pleased with the heart and fight UT showed in being able to come back and threaten to win the game behind a true freshman QB in GG.

UT is the preseason #1 team in baseball this year and is the favorite to win the national championship this season.

UT was ranked #1 at one point this season in bball, but as you know, have recently lost their mojo and swagger on the court so we'll have to see if they can right the ship. By the way, good win for OU yesterday.

For what its worth... A&M started the season #1 in baseball last season too. And the basketball teams are on the same level i think. Texas just got really hot early and A&M lost its best player. Football is easily in Texas favor but lets not forget that these things go in waves. Next decade could be like the late 80s and 90s where A&M was the team in Texas. I understand that in the scheme of things Texas is a better program. I just wanted to point out to Mortal that A&M does excell in some sports, and have won and have a chance to win more National championships than any of the other big 12 schools the last two years.

For what its worth... A&M started the season #1 in baseball last season too. And the basketball teams are on the same level i think. Texas just got really hot early and A&M lost its best player. Football is easily in Texas favor but lets not forget that these things go in waves. Next decade could be like the late 80s and 90s where A&M was the team in Texas. I understand that in the scheme of things Texas is a better program. I just wanted to point out to Mortal that A&M does excell in some sports, and have won and have a chance to win more National championships than any of the other big 12 schools the last two years.

I understand.

IMO: A&M is number 1 in many ways, sure its great to win titles, but Character, Discipline and Class is something instilled in students at this awesome university and they never lose it. Not to say other universities don't (have visited many of these), but for four years now I have come to know a great many people, students, teachers, athletes and coaches (people that work in the ticket booths & concession!) and that is just one h_ll of a school! I have seen other players and coaches behave in such a manner that A&M only makes me more gratefull that they gave my son the chance of a lifetime!

Yep, I'm a proud Aggie mom & will continue to sing their praises no matter what the "title count" is. My son will take so much with him when he leaves, and it will last a lifetime and then some.

Thank you Texas A&M!! Now lets play baseball!!!! :coolball:

:rock: :woohoo: :rock:

I ran track and had roomates that played soccer and lacrosse. Please don't belittle the true athletes that play sports that are not as popular as your big three here in Texas. Just because an athlete does not play in one of those sports with as much recognition does not make them any less of a true, dedicated athlete. Tell the ping pong player in the Olympic games that his sport does not matter. Or the woman practicing for hours a day on the diving platform that her dedication and passion for her athletic endeaver is not as important. Ever watch the Olympics? Those are all real sporting events with real athletes with more ability than most who have shed blood, sweat and tears to perform their best.

Go Aggie track. Go OSU wrestling. Go NC soccer. Go UT swimming and Baylor tennis!

Show us your stuff!

And the court at A&M is indicative of the larger than life spirit that is TEXAS! I would not listen to some liberal sportswriter who can't understand that spirit. He belittles it like others do athletes in "lesser" sports! IMO.