A&M is number 1 in something...

Immortal13

Why chuff at UT being #1 in baseball? Please tell me you're not another OU bandwagon fan who lives in Texas, has no ties to Oklahoma and has never been to the OU campus or attended an OU football game in Norman.

I was chuffing at baseball in general. (I can't stand baseball)

I live in Texas currently, but I was born in Oklahoma (where all my family still lives with the exception of my parents).I have been to many football games and have been to the campus. I was even accepted into Oklahoma, but I decided to attend ETBU because it was closer to where my parents live.

That good enough for you?

I was chuffing at baseball in general. (I can't stand baseball)

I live in Texas currently, but I was born in Oklahoma (where all my family still lives with the exception of my parents).I have been to many football games and have been to the campus. I was even accepted into Oklahoma, but I decided to attend ETBU because it was closer to where my parents live.

That good enough for you?

Yes, that is definitely good enough for me. Thank you, as you are a true OU fan and not a poser who just happened to become an OU fan during their five game win streak over UT in the early 2000s.

Texas is definitely stacked in the pitching department this year. Of course I have only been interested in college baseball the last four years, but each season they have had an exceptional team with loads of talent. They have an awesome coach and a great program. But they have been beaten and will be again this year. I am very glad they are wearing the bullseye on their backs as being ranked #1, it's a hard position to maintain.

A&M baseball won back to back Big 12 Championships in 2007 and 2008, Texas taking it in 2009. I attended the series between Ags and Horns in 2009 & it was awesome but extremely frustrating for A&M. If you were there you know what I am talking about. Series ended Texas 2 Ags 1 under much controversy. I must add that Thanksgiving 2007 A&M football won at Texas and Thanksgiving 2008 A&M won at home. This year it looked like to me that A&M may be starting to come around in football.

Immortal, please keep in mind when watching A&M and Texas this year, Brody will be covering centerfield :coolball: and is still representing Bullard quite nicely! :thumbsup:

I rank Sherrill up there with some all time greats like Switzer and those types of quality individuals. :happy65:

lol. Ill agree things were a little squirley during those times... But you can put all their success on that. There is not a single program in the country that has not "cheated." There are always those who will harp on things like that and some will want to point fingers at every player arrested from a rival school. Thats all part of it. But when it boils down to it every program stretches the rules to the fullest to try to get the best. Some may get caught, some may not. Some schools have players arrested frequently. Doesnt make them a bad program just means some kids are worse than others.

The only true problem i have with the college system is that some students will not get accepted to their chosen university but are still good students. Kinda puts a question in my mind to see average kids get turned down when EVERY school lets in the bare minimum when it comes to athletes. There are many good students that go juco with better grades than the athletes their university chose to let in.