Various Religious Topics Discussed Here....

TheShadowKnows

God absolutely loves music. Ever hear the birds sing? The wind blow? The Thunder roll?

Make a joyful noise.

Colms I don't need a lecture. I did read them all. Stating what I feel is correct and how it is. I don't agree with your old hardshell baptist view.

Don't think being a Christian is as hard and difficult and such a beating as you make it out to be. My God is one of love, caring, understanding, forgiveness. He died because I am not perfect. Your beliefs are such that one has to be a theologian to be able to do all the things required. Just don't think that is correct.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing in the New Testament commanding NOT to use instruments.

When things such as instruments are used to glorify God, to call it sinful is insane.

I'm willing to bet there's going to be all kinds of dancing and instruments in Heaven, and as God is my witness, I'm going to dance in His presence right next to David.

God does not tell us what NOT to do....He tells us what TO do, and everything else is excluded automatically.....that example is shown time and time again from Genesis right up through Revelations.....By NOT mentioning instrumental music, God has excluded it from our use in worship.....I call it sinful, because it is an addition to the Word, and No, God does not find it glorifying if His Word is violated....He considers that to be sin....once again, plenty of examples throughout the Word.......

I would think organ music would be wrong in the church...lol.....just kidding....Is it wrong to listen to stringed gospel music? Is it wrong to worship with musicial instruments at home?

The Bible only speaks on how we are to praise God in our worship through singing (no instruments mentioned), so I will remain silent on what happens at home as well......

Your beliefs are such that one has to be a theologian to be able to do all the things required. Just don't think that is correct.

All you have to do is read and accept that God means exactly what He says....that is called faith....it doesn't take a theologian at all........

Really that's all. Prayer is not included anywhere?

Prayer and a mind open to the fact that God means exactly what He says are very important....The Bible was written to be understood by all men, not just a few.....When all the proper names are removed, the Bible is at an 8th grade level...it was the Will of God for ALL of us to be able to understand it...and we can ALL understand it in the same manner if we open our minds to God's Will.......

I find it amazing people can live with such pompousness, arrogance and a judgmental personality.

It's attitudes such as yours that result in the massive hatred of Christianity and the church.

Your personal interpretation of the Bible is "adding to the Word" more than any act of worship you decry.

Your hatred and judgmental nature against anyone who believes different than you will come back to bite you in the end.

"Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp."

And I'll be even more undignified than this.

I find it amazing people can live with such pompousness, arrogance and a judgmental personality.

It's attitudes such as yours that result in the massive hatred of Christianity and the church.

Your personal interpretation of the Bible is "adding to the Word" more than any act of worship you decry.

Your hatred and judgmental nature against anyone who believes different than you will come back to bite you in the end.

"Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp."

And I'll be even more undignified than this.

John 15: 19 - 21:

19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20Remember the word that I said to you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. 21But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me.

You have chosen to attack the messenger instead of continuing to seek out the message.......you figure it out....Jesus as always is wiser than any of us and prepared His disciples for what we would go through when we spoke His Truth....The majority of the world hates us in the Lord's Church because we do not compromise our beliefs...we take God at His Word......He meant what He said and left no room for compromise.....there is no hatred or judgment coming from me at all...I simply quote the Word as it was given and written......Jesus, Himself said that VERY FEW would be saved.......

Matthew 7: 13 - 14:

13 "Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Romans 10: 9-12

9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead thou shalt be saved. 10] For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11] For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12] For there is no differerence between the Jew and Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the lord shall be saved.

...and Acts 22: 16 shows us that calling on the name of the Lord includes baptism......

In Romans chapter 6, Paul gives us inspired insight into what baptism does for us......In Colossians chapter 2 and Titus Chapter 3 he expounds upon the same idea......

....and Peter clearly states in I Peter 3: 21 that baptism is the point of salvation.....

These verses don't contradict what Romans 10 says....they BUILD upon it in order to show us the ENTIRE Will of God on the matter...that is why we can't study the Bible by taking one or two verses out of context...we must keep them in the context of the entire Bible.....

What plays more into someone entering Heaven: their relationship with Christ or the denomination that they belong to? Can someone who has lead a good Christian life be turned away due to not being a member of the right church? This has always bothered me.

But you don't believe Romans 10:13. You said it yourself, only people who belong to the Church of Christ are bound for heaven.

Right here:

5. God gave us very clear examples of how we are to worship him (part of living faithful lives), and congregations of the church of Christ are the ones who follow that example.....Jesus died for ONE church, He founded ONE church, and people had better be in that ONE church to have any hope of salvation....that is from the Word of God, not from the mind of Jim Crews....

You have been exposed. You are a judgmental, self-righteous bigot who spits on the beliefs of others, and you believe your way is the only way. You bastardize the Word of God to fit a doctrine and religion, and doctrine and religion ruin churches.

I'm done with you and what you have done to this message board.

But you don't believe Romans 10:13. You said it yourself, only people who belong to the Church of Christ are bound for heaven.

Right here:

You have been exposed. You are a judgmental, self-righteous bigot who spits on the beliefs of others, and you believe your way is the only way. You bastardize the Word of God to fit a doctrine and religion, and doctrine and religion ruin churches.

I'm done with you and what you have done to this message board.

I very much believe Romans 10: 13 and have shown several times how it is in line with the rest of the New Testament on the subject of baptism......The Word of God will judge me, as it will you....I have no fear as to how I will be judged on that final day.....there is only ONE way to God, His Way

Ephesians 4: 1 - 6 :

1I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, 2with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

.....You, sir, are the one who has perverted God's clear word and tried to fit it to your views instead of changing your views to fit His......

By the way, you have once again answered your earlier question with your attack upon me......The only one who has been exposed here is you and your inability to discuss the scriptures rationally so you are reduced to attacking the messenger.....and I really hate that you feel that way......

Colms just out of curiosity; Taking your John 15 verse 19. "I chose you" is this referring to predestination? Do you think some cannot be saved? I am sure you know exactly my question so I won't elaborate. What is your view on this?

An important part of properly interpreting scripture in context is to note the audience being spoken to at the time....In John 15, Jesus is speaking directly to His apostles just before His crucifixion, so in fact, He chose each of them......no predestination is referred to in this passage of scripture.......

Ha. Well then remove the reference to the scripture. I am just curious to your opinion on predestination. If you choose to not answer I understand.

Thank you for remaining rational in this discussion...

The doctrine of predestination is a misunderstanding on man's part of God's infinite nature.....the fact that He is infinity itself means we can never truly understand His nature while we are in our current form here on earth....I will try to explain what I've gleaned from the scriptures.......God knows how everything is going to come out because He IS the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end........He knows whether you or I will overcome this world and join Him in eternal life....so it seems to us as if things have been predetermined.....However, just because He already knows the outcome, does not mean He determined it beforehand....He gave us free will, and it is up to us to exercise that free will for good or ill....Only He knows how we will end up......

Here is a paper on the Biblical view of predestination:

http://www.apologeticspress.org/rr/reprint...-Predestina.pdf