District 35AAAA

1Cowboys1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ouch.....that hurts nac02.....putting salt in the wound...LOL

Jax is a great team and we have our work cut out for us.

Should be a great one!! Both teams play hard, no cards, and no injuries!!

Like I said......Jacksonville wins 3-1. :happy65:

Last nights game between Palestine and Jacksonville was a good one. Unfortunately the Cats were unable to pull

out a win but they played great! It was a physical game and we had some good refs for a change. Both teams

played hard and every little bump or push wasn't called so we actually got to watch some pretty good soccer.

Palestine had some awesome fan support and it was so nice for everyone to get to come out and watch the kids

play this year. They have waited all year to be able to play a "home" game. I would like to thank Westwood ISD

for opening up their facility and allowing us to come and play on their field. It is absolutely ridiculous that for our

kids to have a "home" game we have to travel across town to play when we have a BRAND NEW field at our own

stadium that is completed. The last time I checked soccer teams didn't need the track to be finished to play on

the turf. It is sad that our seniors are not able to play at home on the new field. It will be the only REAL football

to be played on that field anytime in the near future.

Last nights game between Palestine and Jacksonville was a good one. Unfortunately the Cats were unable to pull

out a win but they played great! It was a physical game and we had some good refs for a change. Both teams

played hard and every little bump or push wasn't called so we actually got to watch some pretty good soccer.

Palestine had some awesome fan support and it was so nice for everyone to get to come out and watch the kids

play this year. They have waited all year to be able to play a "home" game. I would like to thank Westwood ISD

for opening up their facility and allowing us to come and play on their field. It is absolutely ridiculous that for our

kids to have a "home" game we have to travel across town to play when we have a BRAND NEW field at our own

stadium that is completed. The last time I checked soccer teams didn't need the track to be finished to play on

the turf. It is sad that our seniors are not able to play at home on the new field. It will be the only REAL football

to be played on that field anytime in the near future.

:whome:

Makes you think what Buff????

You finish the game!!! That is the bottom line. You don't stop with 26 minutes left in the match. Your next game is against the team you are battling for a possible district crown for and you are just going to call the game because both teams agree.

You have point differential in your district rules that comes into effect if there is a tie at the end of district. There could be cards given in the last 26 minutes that could effect a player's status for the following game (as long as the coach is honest and keeps true count of cards). You could have injury to a player. I think I am pretty clear in what I am trying to say. YOU GO BY THE RULES!!

You finish the game!!! That is the bottom line. You don't stop with 26 minutes left in the match. Your next game is against the team you are battling for a possible district crown for and you are just going to call the game because both teams agree.

You have point differential in your district rules that comes into effect if there is a tie at the end of district. There could be cards given in the last 26 minutes that could effect a player's status for the following game (as long as the coach is honest and keeps true count of cards). You could have injury to a player. I think I am pretty clear in what I am trying to say. YOU GO BY THE RULES!!

Wasn't the game called because of bad weather?

No it wasn't stopped because of BAD WEATHER. I talked to the head coach from Jacksonville and asked him "why you guys call the game with 26 minutes to go"? I was expecting an answer "the game got out of control and their was a major fight". This was Monday and the rain had already stopped.....great night to play soccer "nope" but it's obvious it was good enough to start the match.

He told me, "We stopped the game because the Center kids wanted to go home and it looked like we were about to score again. Also the weather wasn't the best (cold and damp..who cares...whole season has been freezing)."

Have you ever heard them calling a football game in the third quarter cuz the other team wanted to go home and they were getting beat 28-0 and by the way it looked like the other time MIGHT score again......NO WAY!!!! Lets just call the game because I might get someone hurt and might get another card.....only an assumption.

There was already at least one card given to one of Jax's best players and Center had a red and a yellow. I can only imagine the game getting a little chippy and a few shoves. YOU STILL FINISH THE GAME!!!!

Jax is the best team in district but we need to play all games to make the playing field even.

No it wasn't stopped because of BAD WEATHER. I talked to the head coach from Jacksonville and asked him "why you guys call the game with 26 minutes to go"? I was expecting an answer "the game got out of control and their was a major fight". This was Monday and the rain had already stopped.....great night to play soccer "nope" but it's obvious it was good enough to start the match.

He told me, "We stopped the game because the Center kids wanted to go home and it looked like we were about to score again. Also the weather wasn't the best (cold and damp..who cares...whole season has been freezing)."

Have you ever heard them calling a football game in the third quarter cuz the other team wanted to go home and they were getting beat 28-0 and by the way it looked like the other time MIGHT score again......NO WAY!!!! Lets just call the game because I might get someone hurt and might get another card.....only an assumption.

There was already at least one card given to one of Jax's best players and Center had a red and a yellow. I can only imagine the game getting a little chippy and a few shoves. YOU STILL FINISH THE GAME!!!!

I agree 100%! What in the heck is going on out there? I've never heard such a thing.

sounds to me like everyone wants down jax for leaving the game but in reality the rain was constant and blowing in sideways. no one from palestine was present so im sure yall dont know how it was. but if i recall corectly and im sure as a player i would know that the whole jax team on the feild begged the coach to continue to play. sounds like palestine was hoping for a little help from center so they might have a chance to beat us. too bad that didnt happen either. shouldnt have been so worried bout the past and been concerned to what was loading the bus headed to pal friday night.

and for all those who said i think pal has it because the game was a "home" game.... Any statements know??

Cowboy1.......you guys played great and deserve the title. I have NO BEEF with you at all. You are a great player and have major passion for the game. I imagine you guys did want to keep playing. The young men on the pitch just get caught in the middle.

We as coaches have to make the right decisions and follow the rules. We have to think how it effects the whole district when "we make decisions to stop matches". I have been involved in one game in 19 years that was stopped early and that was cuz of lightning (non-district) but I am assuming the ref has to make that decision and I am assuming because of lightning or a brawl.

The last two years there has been some shady decisions in this area. Like games being called early or opening up the gym on Sundays for kids to play indoor. Like a coaches not being honest with their card count. Those things aren't good for the game. Soccer already isn't loved by UIL and we need coaches to follow the rules, have integrity and do whats best for the game. I am just amazed how coaches do these things but never get punished!!!

the rain was constant and blowing in sideways.

I'm pretty sure that just because the rain is constant and blowing "sideways" isn't a reason for calling the

game. Unless there is lightening you should keep playing since apparently your coach thought the weather

was good enough to start the game.

sounds to me like everyone wants down jax for leaving the game but in reality the rain was constant and blowing in sideways. no one from palestine was present so im sure yall dont know how it was. but if i recall corectly and im sure as a player i would know that the whole jax team on the feild begged the coach to continue to play. sounds like palestine was hoping for a little help from center so they might have a chance to beat us. too bad that didnt happen either. shouldnt have been so worried bout the past and been concerned to what was loading the bus headed to pal friday night.

and for all those who said i think pal has it because the game was a "home" game.... Any statements know??

You need extra tutorials in grammar and spelling!

You make it sound as though it was the J'ville coaches decision to stop the game. I'm sure it would have made no difference to him to win by 4, 6 or 7 which would have been the case had the weather not turned bad. The officials called the game, not the coach.

If thats the truth then the Jax coach would've said the refs called the game cuz weather. He never mentioned ref called anything........(too late now kramer) . Just another bending of the rules by a coach.....kramer!! Not to sure what we are teaching kids when we pull stunts like this or cheat by not counting cards correctly or not sitting kids when they have too many points to play.

Was there lightning? I guess you will tell me that next. KRAMER, IT IS AMAZING HOW THE STORY CHANGES WHEN ONE HAS REALIZED THEY HAVE MADE A MISTAKE!

If thats the truth then the Jax coach would've said the refs called the game cuz weather. He never mentioned ref called anything........(too late now kramer) . Just another bending of the rules by a coach.....kramer!! Not to sure what we are teaching kids when we pull stunts like this or cheat by not counting cards correctly or not sitting kids when they have too many points to play.

Was there lightning? I guess you will tell me that next. KRAMER, IT IS AMAZING HOW THE STORY CHANGES WHEN ONE HAS REALIZED THEY HAVE MADE A MISTAKE!

Coach,I'm just giving my opinion on what I was told. But again, coaches don't call games, the officials do.

Buff i agree about soccer not being loved but i disagree with your ridicule towards a certain coach. i do not appreciate that at all. ANd for clarification the ref called the game after askin both coaches but hey whats past is past. as a sweeper i see alot of the feild from behind and i agree a card prolly woulda been giving but i doubt to jax. we had the opportunity to argue many calls against us but rather let them go because the ref was ansy that night. and for your bringing up last years misfortunes about cards not being turned in or sittin players i believe that a coach should have faith in his team no matter who they are facing on the opponent side. sounds to me like you were hoping for a little extra help to win. theres nothing wrong about help but you just didnt get any. sorry about your bad luck. as for your team i wish yall the best of luck finishing your season and hopefully beating nac again. goodluck in playoffs to yall..

Roadwarrior my grammer and spelling is just fine in the classroom. if it wasnt i dont think i would have earned all state academic in football. i just would rather type like a goon so maybe you can understand it.