District 18AA softball

flimsy

Other than Elysian Fields as the probable winner of this district how do you see the other teams finishing?

2. White Oak or Harmony

3. White Oak or Harmony

4. Harleton

5. New Diana

6. Sabine

7. Winona

8. Union Grove

Agree or disagree?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than Elysian Fields as the probable winner of this district how do you see the other teams finishing?

2. White Oak or Harmony

3. White Oak or Harmony

4. Harleton

5. New Diana

6. Sabine

7. Winona

8. Union Grove

Agree or disagree?

Dont see Harmony that high. They won't have a Wilburn, coach or player. Also lost Matulis.Not sure about W.O. yet. IMO Harleton at 2, W.O. at 3, Harmony at 4, N.D. at 5, then Sabine and a toss up for last.

EF

Harleton

WO

Harmony

ND

Winona

Sabine

UG

Look for Harleton and WO to battle for second place.. Both will give EF a run for their money. I think Harmony lost too much. Harleton lost one starter to graduation, and has one of the best pitchers in east Texas on the mound...

Just ones opinion here.....

I know EF is the class of the district, but I think Harmony contends for the second spot...They have a good ballclub...Notice I said CONTENDS for it....I was certainly impressed with them considering what someone said about a new coach this year, and some Sr.'s that they had lost....In our game against them I was certainly impressed with the catcher and centerfielder....Good luck Harmony...

I agree wo and harleton will have to watch out for Harmony EF freshman pitcher will be the difference in their run for Austin lost one senior and gained 3 play Chapel Hill tomorrow with all players looking forward to that

harleton is more then weary of the fact that harmony is going to be very good, as well as white oak, and of course e.f., and diana. it's a tough road

facts or facts....but that's neither here nor there

:thumbsup: As you say "facts are facts" what are yours, you come here and make the statement about a "recruiting budget" and you have NO FACTS. Just your childish acusations and enuendos, grow up and face the fact that they have a good program and you have a problem with that! :thumbsup:

e.f. is really good. doesn't matter who they have, they've got players that can flat out play

:thumbsup: My point exactly there coach, give credit where credit is due. That team is solid and has been playing together for awhile, to make comments and not base it on fact does nothing but diminish and demean the players and their coach for the hard work they do. I know the coach and most of the players and they do work really hard to put their best on the field every time they step between the lines!

:thumbsup: My point exactly there coach, give credit where credit is due. That team is solid and has been playing together for awhile, to make comments and not base it on fact does nothing but diminish and demean the players and their coach for the hard work they do. I know the coach and most of the players and they do work really hard to put their best on the field every time they step between the lines!

Did they play Rusk last week? What was score of the game.

I agree wo and harleton will have to watch out for Harmony EF freshman pitcher will be the difference in their run for Austin lost one senior and gained 3 play Chapel Hill tomorrow with all players looking forward to that

I have heard about that freshman pitcher, good speed and a good kid, but i heard here parents will act like flat out :nowhearthis: "FOOLS" behind fence, if here pitching is off or she does not get the playing time they think she deserves "POOR KID" Good luck to the lady jackets, It is going to be a rebuilding year for us but i think we will be alright.

When you have players that are battling year round, you might want to give the parents a little credit. As far as the coach, when you are handed a team of girls this caliber you might want to thank there select coaches who took them to the next level,because the only place the high school coach took them is to the next game. And they are the highest recruited high school team in east Texas. Anyone who plays select ball knows that to be a fact not fiction.

When you have players that are battling year round, you might want to give the parents a little credit. As far as the coach, when you are handed a team of girls this caliber you might want to thank there select coaches who took them to the next level,because the only place the high school coach took them is to the next game. And they are the highest recruited high school team in east Texas. Anyone who plays select ball knows that to be a fact not fiction.

My comment had nothing to do with what the parents or the coach have or have not done, it was in response to another poster stating that basically the only reason EF is good is because they "recruit" their players. I believe the coach in question appreciates the fact that he has players and parents who have spent their time getting better by playing travel outside of high school which is one of the main reasons they are so cohesive as a team. Whether they are the most "recruited High School Team in Texas" not so sure on that, many players from many different programs in east Texas have gone on to play at the next level. If you think so, put the thread out there and let those who know about each of their respective teams post who has gone on to play at any level after high school, it would be interesting to see!

My comment had nothing to do with what the parents or the coach have or have not done, it was in response to another poster stating that basically the only reason EF is good is because they "recruit" their players. I believe the coach in question appreciates the fact that he has players and parents who have spent their time getting better by playing travel outside of high school which is one of the main reasons they are so cohesive as a team. Whether they are the most "recruited High School Team in Texas" not so sure on that, many players from many different programs in east Texas have gone on to play at the next level. If you think so, put the thread out there and let those who know about each of their respective teams post who has gone on to play at any level after high school, it would be interesting to see!

No you miss understood. I know that players are recruited to an extent to play for E.F. Yes I will get some slack for saying that but like I said if you are involved in select fastpitch it is one of those little things you see happening. (Hey don't get me wrong if I could legitimately load a team with in the confines of the UIL rules I would do it in a Heartbeat.) And E.F. has mastered the art of getting it done. I ain't hating I love to see East Texas teams go to Austin every year.

No you miss understood. I know that players are recruited to an extent to play for E.F. Yes I will get some slack for saying that but like I said if you are involved in select fastpitch it is one of those little things you see happening. (Hey don't get me wrong if I could legitimately load a team with in the confines of the UIL rules I would do it in a Heartbeat.) And E.F. has mastered the art of getting it done. I ain't hating I love to see East Texas teams go to Austin every year.

:thumbsup: Better put! I agree with ya!

. Just for the record yall a refering to two girls it takes nine seven have lived most if not all their lives here and of the two they chose to move here for reasons of their own not because anyone convinced them or promised them anything

it's been done on more than one occasion, it has happened to different people and they have the same story. it starts off by saying that the program they current girl is in isn't good and that they need to go somewhere where they can play. illegal, loopholes, whatever, it happens

Exactly. It isn't illegal but it happens.

it's been done on more than one occasion, it has happened to different people and they have the same story. it starts off by saying that the program they current girl is in isn't good and that they need to go somewhere where they can play. illegal, loopholes, whatever, it happens

It never happens here in Harmony, coach Wilson personally goes out to each new student/athletes home to make sure they live in our district.......