Same ole JR or ?

GOLEE

Its still early, but outside of restrictor plate racing... Jr looks the same as last year. He ran 22-27 most of the Auto Club 500. Even before his axil issue. I think Jr needs change, that he has say in. He doesnt fit in with the white collar boys of Hendrick. More isnt always better. He is an example of that.

Does anyone see confidence here.

Hey now yall. Give it a few more races. He fits in with Hendrick. He just didn't have a good race at Cali. He never runs good there. Lets see how he does in the next few weeks before we start saying he is no good. I truly believe this is the year that he shines at HMS.

Im not saying that, Im pulling for him as much as anyone :thumbsup: . He has had sooo much pressure on him from his dad issue, DEI split with Therisa, and High expectations with Hendrick, the guy has lost everything that has ever meant anything to him in the past 3 years. And too many people around him telling him what and how to do it. I sure hope he pulls out of it, but I see a man who looks troubled.

I wish he would win at Vegas this week, and eat my words, But I dont see it any more. I guess you can say Im a defeated Jr fan who has lost all hope in the position he is in. And that is a very good position. Jr is an old school driver, trying to share data with the 5, 24,48 teams, and their not the same style he is. I think it has been........, look here is what works, you should be up front with all this data, set ups, and braintrust, but he just cant relate to everyone arounf him. Bring Eury Jr. back, and let them duke it out every week, thats what he misses, and where he is comfortable. He may even consider pulling up his nationwide team, and start his own team as Stewart. At least he can do it his way, ..... thats where he shines.

:sleeping: So tired of his excuses, you can't help but like the guy, but something is just not right. He's settling back into his normal mediocrity again.

Enough about Jr> But I like you Newr attitude Bullard. I have a nephew who plays football, and is really excited about the new coach. He is getting things going, as well as kids are starting to come back into the program. Coming from SL Carroll, he knows how to do it. Cant wait.

Enough about Jr> But I like you Newr attitude Bullard. I have a nephew who plays football, and is really excited about the new coach. He is getting things going, as well as kids are starting to come back into the program. Coming from SL Carroll, he knows how to do it. Cant wait.

Really? Stay on topic.

More dissapointment from the 88 today. Seems like he and crew chief, Lance McGrew, just can't get on the same page. I listened to thier radio for most of the race, Jr sounded very annoyed. I think they should bring back Tony Eury jr.

Really? Stay on topic.

More dissapointment from the 88 today. Seems like he and crew chief, Lance McGrew, just can't get on the same page. I listened to thier radio for most of the race, Jr sounded very annoyed. I think they should bring back Tony Eury jr.

Jr qualified well, ran around 10th most of the day, and fell off. Got lapped in 13th place, Thats how fast Johnson, Gordon, were. He is frustrated, I listen to the races every week on a scanner, and he and Lance are having words, but what driver doesnt. We will kep pulling for him, but Im not sure they know what to do anymore. Setting his car up is geting old. When they do get it right, Its only on for a few laps. and back to the high side he goes.

• 3 weeks later...

He had a pretty good run at Bristol. If it hadn't been for that speeding penalty, I think he could have finished better than 7th. He had a pretty good car, and for once it seemed like he and his team were on the same page. They kept making good adjustments and the car kept getting better and better as the race went on. Much better than the two previous races. Hopefully we will see more success this week at Martinsville. I'm hoping for at least a Top Ten, Top 5 would be great, and a win..well..that would be just plain AWESOME. I think things are coming together, slowly but surely. We'll see.

I think all four of the Hendrick cars would have been in the top ten if Martin hadn't wrecked and collected JG along with him. It is great to be a 48 fan this year again. lol. Still want to see Jr. improve to be a front runner each week where the other 3 cars seem to be during the each race.

I think all four of the Hendrick cars would have been in the top ten if Martin hadn't wrecked and collected JG along with him. It is great to be a 48 fan this year again. lol. Still want to see Jr. improve to be a front runner each week where the other 3 cars seem to be during the each race.

um, Martin got wrecked, thank you mr. biff....................

The 48 is just #%#$*$()_)@(#*& Lets just say theres not a word for it. They just know how to start and finish a race. I think the blue duece is about as close as anybody to that team, but, still not close. J

Jr had a good run yesterday... He's not as rattled as he has been in the past. Lance seems to keep him grounded a little more these days. Glad to see in top ten in points. Jr should sell the rights to his scanner talk... he cracks me up.

um, Martin got wrecked, thank you mr. biff....................

I would put the blame more on the Biffle's spotter in this situation if I would point any fingers to assign blame. It was a racing thing where they run out of room, it happens every race to someone especially at Bristol. The drivers have huge blindspots and rely heavily on the spotter to let them know when a car is getting next to them, I just think it was a simple accident that was a product of the track and the close quarters racing.

my point was that Mark did not cause that incident, if anyone did it was the biff, although I agree if his spotter had been doing his job, it would not have happened. I, in no way, feel that the biff did that on purpose. :icon_confused: