Tony Kornheiser suspended by ESPN

mellon

ESPN suspends Tony Kornheiser for remarks about Hannah Storm

Tony Kornheiser has been suspended as host of ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption" for comments he made on his radio show last week about Hannah Storm's wardrobe, according to several media reports.

Kornheiser apologized to Storm after making the remarks.

An ESPN spokesman says he will be suspended "for some time," which is expected to translate into a few days.

Kornheiser said Storm was wearing "a horrifying, horrifying outfit" and a "very, very tight shirt.

"She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body," he added. "I know she's very good, and I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I won't ... but Hannah Storm ... come on now! Stop! What are you doing? ... She's what I would call a Holden Caulfield fantasy at this point."

The columnist and broadcaster opened his radio show the next day by saying, "I apologize, unequivocally ... I'm a sarcastic, subversive guy ... I'm a troll, look at me. I have no right to insult what anybody looks like or what anybody wears. That, I think, should go without saying."

Personally, I don't see what he said that was suspendable......the PC police won this one......the loser was the First Amendment......

If I ran ESPN, I would have fired him on national television. He has freedom of speech, so does ESPN. There is no such amendment that protects from freedom of consequence. What he said was moronic and uncalled for against a coworker. He is lucky he is only suspended!

If I ran ESPN, I would have fired him on national television. He has freedom of speech, so does ESPN. There is no such amendment that protects from freedom of consequence. What he said was moronic and uncalled for against a coworker. He is lucky he is only suspended!

:P

What's the problem.....people make comments about other people's clothing all the time ...it was a joke , ESPN , get over it !

So if you get on the radio or national television and run down a co-worker you don't expect consequences? What kinda company you work for?

Did you see the outfit, Straw? I thought he went kinda easy on her imo.....lol